The body shop Maca root shave cream review

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by matthewoli98, Feb 28, 2019.

1. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

I thought it was time for a change from my beloved Godrej, so i gave the maca root shave cream from the body shop that Dini from mastershave sent a try.
    And boy did it impress!

I used my standard large pea sized amount of cream that i use for most cream, and started lathering with a damp brush.

I noticed straight away that this cream loves water, i had to add almost twice the amount compared to what i add for the same amount of Godrej lime, which isnt a bad thing at all, but just be aware that it is a cream that lathers better with more water than something like Godrej.

This stuff absolutely lathers like a pro, it takes longer to Lather than Godrej, but it produces a much richer lather which is great for protection when using an R41, fatip or any aggressive razor actually. Using the amount i do, this stuff will easily last me a year per tub, which weighs 180g.

The scent of this cream is absolutely stunning, a great smelling cream.

The slickness isnt as great as Godrej, but being the first time i used it, its probably me.

Ill follow my good friend Jeff's method of rating it overall.

Lather: 9/10. It doesnt lather as quickly as previous creams ive used, but this isnt really a disadvantage. The reason i think it takes a bit longer is because of the richness of the cream. It could also be because its a tub cream, its thicker to the stuff you get in tubes, so that could definitely be a factor The bubbles it produces after lathering are very very fine which makes for great protection.

Slickness 7/10
    Not the slickest cream, but more than slick enough to get the job done.

Scent: 10/10
    Some people hate the maca root scent, i was sceptical myself but after lathering it blew me away. Its like the scent completely changed and its one of my favourite smelling creams now!

Value for money:
    This cream is great value for money, if you use the amount i do, this stuff will absolutely last you forever, a year or maybe even more.

Overall id rate this cream very very highly, and its a great cream, id love to see them bring out a menthol version, if they ever did id pick that up in a heartbeat.
    If this stuff as readily available in SA id pick up a few tubs in a heartbeat, its an absolute pleasure to use, and im extremely grateful to have received it.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Awesomely reviewed my friend!

3. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Is this the older version or the newest version which now contains the the words "with Aloe" after Maca Root?

4. matthewoli98

Older version[​IMG]

brit and johnnyflake like this.
  5. matthewoli98

Thanks!

Yehuda D likes this.
  6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I love the stuff, new version and old. I do something a bit different tho. I leave the container open so that the soap dries up a bit and then I use it like a regular puck.

brit likes this.
  7. matthewoli98

Mine is also a bit dry, usually i use my finger and take out a large pea sized amount and bowl lather, gives me enough lather for 3 passes, but i put it back in my cupboard until the malt n Myrtle and
    Godrej is finished

johnnyflake and Yehuda D like this.
  8. Missing Lynx

Missing Lynx Well-Known Member

Love the review but I, on the other hand do not think this is a nice smelling cream at all as you pointed out farther on. Something about it drives my nose up the wall so its another case of YMMV but I agree it is well worth the price for the money

johnnyflake likes this.
  9. matthewoli98

I wasnt a fan of the scent either when i smelled it for the first time, but the scent changed after lathering and became quite pleasant. Definitely doesnt have as good of a scent as the Godrej lime, but still a great shaving cream.

johnnyflake likes this.