The British Gillette Razor.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Sep 23, 2018.

1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I don't know. I am pretty sure the case though the same style is not from a pocket edition. The pocket editions had engraving on the back of the case saying pocket edition with this style case far as I know. This one has no engraving at all on the back of the case.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    brit likes this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Here is the back and inside of the case. I have no idea if they used this case style outside of the pocket editions in the US. The only red flag I see is it doesn't say made in the USA or England. I am pretty sure all the cases from the new and improved razors up would have that distinction so there is a possibility this is a case for an old type US or British or Canadian or etc.
    gw2.jpg gw6.jpg

brit and dangermouse like this.
  3. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

Thanks for the extra pictures. It's an interesting one. To be honest, until recently I was only aware of the US Goodwill, that came in a cardboard box. My recent explorations, since buying a Canadian Goodwill is what led me to discover the British options. You might be correct about the 'New' cases. I shall keep an eye out. Now all I need is a #162 or #164. I have become quite enamoured by the humble Goodwill.

brit likes this.
  4. tonich

tonich Well-Known Member

I have a British razor too. Perhaps more than one...
    just look at my avatar! :D

Or the gold version of the set here?:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    dangermouse and brit like this.