The Clubman Exchange

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Paul Turner, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

It's true. I am in love with Clubman prodocts-from the aftershaves to to shave soaps to shampoo. I love the intoxicating aromas and the salutory effects of the emolients on post shave feel. Right now I am debating replacing my empty bottle of Clubman Classic with Vanilla or Citrus Musk. I have some VIBR, Lime Sec, Whiskey Woods and The Veg still left.

Any suggestions?

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'll just make the comment that the Vanilla, like the Classic, has a lot of 5-star reviews on Amazon. I love the shampoo-am running a bit low on it so that will have to be replaced soon.

3. Tedolph

Well that does it-Classic Vanilla it is. Tomorrow I will hunt for it in the local barber supply stores.
    Have tango class on Tuesday evening!
    Gotta be ready!

4. chazt

chazt Well-Known Member

A few months ago I had a half bottle of Pinaud Clubman and a half bottle of CF Cryogen staring at me from my bathroom shelf. Brainstorm moment! I emptied the Pinaud into the Cryogen bottle, and now I have a nicely mentholated Clubman to splash on for some post shave goodness.

5. Paul Turner

I take it the scent of the Clubman outdid that of the Cryogen.

6. chazt

chazt Well-Known Member

Completely. It’s a cold Clubman.

Paul Turner likes this.
  7. Tedolph

Well, the barber supply store did not have classic vanilla-just regular Cubman and VIBR. So, a giant bottle of regular Clubman it is for $8.95.
    WIN_20210802_16_45_33_ProResized.jpg

Look out ladies!

8. Paul Turner

My new A.S. that I ordered from the website is the 12.5 oz....I read where that's the size used at many barbershops.

Tedolph likes this.
  9. Tedolph

There is an even larger bottle

Paul Turner likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

Right....the 16 oz. My mom joked about it saying it will last me 16 years! Believe it or not, I got TIRED of it and flipped it away, but after using it for many shaves. Impatience, that's my problem.

Daywalker and Tedolph like this.
  11. Paul Turner

That's what I should have said before a lady looked out for ME. (For details, please contact @wristwatchb :)).

Tedolph likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

And .....a note to all Clubmen. On Amazon, there are 5,495 comments for the 6-oz. A.S. and of those 93% consist of 5-stars and 4-stars combined. Stuff's pretty good. :)))))

Tedolph likes this.
  13. Tedolph

The ones that baffle me are the handful of guys who don't like it.

What the Hell is wrong with them!?

14. Tedolph

Exciting Clubman News !

For those of you who decant into glass:

WIN_20210802_16_45_33_ProResized.jpg

The label on the 12.5 oz. bottle is the kind you peel from the side to reveal another label underneath. The top one has the debonair Frenchman and all the gold filigree work. Do you know what that means? It comes off easy for transfer to your favorite glass bottle!

15. Paul Turner

It's worth looking up their comments.Wouldn't take much time, at least!! And now that I just did that, I found the usual comments......baby powder, bug spray, cat urine, old man, old lady, stinks, why-is-this-a lotion. I react to all that by stealing a line from Buddy Holly's Oh Boy:

"You don't know what you been a-missin". (Course I do respect freedom of expression, but....they are WAY in the minority on this baby)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    Tedolph likes this.
  16. Tedolph

Well, they are certainly in the minority.
    Probably the type of guys who never spent time with an older woman, if you know what I mean.

17. Paul Turner

I'm not a decant man....Plastic or glass, it's what's INSIDE that counts.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  18. Paul Turner

I just received a full bottle of Clubman Country Club Shampoo.....something I never want to be without.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  19. Daywalker

Daywalker Active Member

I live in Germany and currently have to pay 18 bucks for the small 6oz bottle on Amazon. I can't do without it anymore.... can't do it.
    Can you believe that guys ?
    And he "flipped it away"!:angry021:

Luckily I found an online shop based in Bulgaria that sells the country club sized bottle for around the same price, including shipping. :happy093::happy108:

Still hurts though. :angry017:
    Not :signs021: bro. :rolleyes005:

20. Paul Turner

You flipped away the 6?