The Death of a Music Industry Legend, Jack Westheimer

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Azarius, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

I just received news that Jack Westheimer has passed away... although you may not recognize the name, if you have ever played a guitar, chances are you played an instrument made by Jack.

During the '60's, Jack was the onewho imported all of the Japanese guitars that was sold through Sears, JC Penny's and Montgomery Wards. If you played a Teisco, Cortez, Pearl, Silvertone, Kingston, Cort and many others, it was supplied by Jack.

During the '70's Jack along with Yung Park started Yoo-Ah, which eventually would become Cor-Tek, the largest OEM guitar builder in the world. If you have played an Ibanez, Fender, Epiphone, Squier, G&L, Lakeland, just to name a a few, you have played a guitar made by Cor-Tek.

Every day around the office when my boss does something I question, I ask him "what would Jack Westheimer" as Jack was a stern business man.

So guitarist everywhere, hold up your axes and give a moment of silence for Jack, a true legend in the music industry.

awake2shave and Slipperyjoe like this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

3. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

There are great guitars on your list Azarius. I've seen and played some of them. RIP Mr. Westheimer you will be missed...