The Dog from Hell...

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Mama Bear, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Well, he is truly proving to be a handful... I have had so many people tell me that he is the biggest mastiff they have ever seen that I wince every time I hear it now.. but he is a crowd pleaser.. everywhere I take him, I make instant friends and so does he..

But Oh. My. God... here are a couple pics from the past 24 hours..

Attached Files:

2. Baron

Baron New Member

but he's so cute!

Here's a couple of our dog enjoying a toy and in his bed (yes, Whitney got him a pillow)

He's probably about the size of Tank's head!

Attached Files:

3. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Oh Michael! He is ADORABLE!! That is the cutest dog I have ever seen!!

Tank is missing quite a bit in the cute department.. he makes every other dog seem small and it is kind of like having a horse or a cow in the house. My best friend has a mastiff also, but hers only weighs 130 lbs, small for a mastiff... I saw that dog last night and was amazed at how small she seemed to me after getting Tank, before Tank she was one of the biggest dogs I had ever seen.

I have always wanted a big dog and I adore Tank, I really do. But I can't help but be reminded of the saying, be careful what you ask for, you might get it.... :o

Who else has dog pics they can post?? :)

4. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm New Member

He's beautiful Sue!

lradke likes this.
  5. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Cyndi, you should post pictures of some of your 'pets' here.... :D

6. MullersLaneFarm

Here's my favorite 'pet'

[​IMG]

Dolly is our 'most treasured'

[​IMG]

7. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Quite intelligent as well.....he knows what to do with a plastic disposable:p

8. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Little Blue Menaces

[​IMG]

9. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Rich, are they working dogs?? :)

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

If you mean by working do they heel me and anybody else in range when they start playing? Or maybe the hard work they put into seeing how fast they can gulp their food down. Maybe it's the endless licking of legs and feet when we're trying to watch TV. Then, yes, they are working dogs. :) They're OK around the horses but, we have to be careful. They are herding dogs and if we have to correct a horse on the ground, they are quick to try and heel them at the same time which makes it worse. They think they are trying to help. The one on the left is Jackie - 5 years. The one on the right is Dillon - 7 months. Jackie makes a perfect house dog. Not a typical Australian Cattle Dog. Dillon is very much a cattle dog. Needs a job or he will find something to get into. He's also food/treat aggressive and toy stingy. We're working on it.

11. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

awesome dogs people ! this thread is as bad as an aftershave thread you immediatly wanna go out and get a dog..so you can play and show off on this thread aswell....booooooooeeee I have no Dog...

Im just affraid off TANK! thats supposed to be a puppy ? I think when I would lie down next to that dog.. id only be 6cm taller or so that dog jumps on me im a gonner...... its good for mama bear she needs a bodyguard.. but not so sure against intruders or that Tank..... :eek:

12. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

he is definately a puppy, trust me... :eek: With all puppy's bad habits... Did you ever see Turner and Hootch? At the end of the movie Turner gets a mastiff puppy who shreds the house.. that is Tank....... :eek:

I am told he should put on another 50 lbs.... I am working hard on getting him trained!!

13. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Well, he has gained another 10 lbs since I got him... :eek: He was very upset with me this Valentine's day tho. I wouldn't let him chew on the sticks, he likes to run around the house with these little things and shread them into splinters... Tonight I said no... (for the 10000th time)

Here he is pouting......

Attached Files:

14. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Mean ol' Sue!

Look at those puppy eyes! :(

15. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

I can barely pick one of those 'sticks' up with only one hand... do you know how many splinters you can get out of one of these... ! It is horrifying! Don't ask me how I know.... :ashamed001 He would make really good kindling if he didn't drool all over it too....

16. 1 st class male

1 st class male New Member

I'm happy for all the dog lovers out there. But I must say that for me this is the best way to see them, in a picture.

John:rofl

17. MullersLaneFarm

Tank is a DOLL!

Rich, beautiful heelers. Dillon has a hard eye of a good herder. Jackie looks to be a pleaser.

We have a couple dogs (and a cat that insists he is a dog).

Maverick is the old man at 9 yo. An Aussie cattle dog X Aussie shepherd. This old boy understands English. He has to supervise every working implement on the place, whether it is the draft team or old Farmall M hitched up, he's at his place to the side of the team/tractor. Barks to let Paul know when he's messing up!!

[​IMG]

Heidi, a 3 yo liver colored Border Collie. Thankfully, she isn't uuber hyper as BCs can be. She has her times, but when she's working, she's ON with a slow and steady gait. We have to keep her inside when we have the draft team hitched to a farm implement or wagon because she is constantly circling the set up. She's an in-your-pocket attention hound!

[​IMG]

Aggie, BC X Aussie cattle dog (blue). One year old yesterday. She's Heidi's daughter. I trained her up and there were times her smarts and quick to learn made me uneasy thinking she was smarter than me! She had an accident with the "M" last summer and zigged instead of zagged. Broke her left hind leg just below the ankle. Had to amputate the leg. Didn't slow her down a bit. A heart of gold!

At 8 weeks old
    [​IMG]

At 12 weeks old (chickens had jumped the fence and were in my flower garden)
    [​IMG]

Mom & daughter playing

[​IMG]

18. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Nice pictures Cindi. Thanks for sharing. Jack is the pleaser as you say and Dillon is true Australian Cattle Dog. My wire, Lisa, found out he herds cars yesterday. I told her that 3 months ago. :)

19. fuerein

fuerein New Member

Man, do I ever wish I could afford to buy actual property so I could own a dog or two... Get me a Shetland Sheepdog! Had one as a kid, great dogs.

Everyone of you appears to have nice dogs though, cute too! Except poor me! :(

20. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

great pics Cyndi , sad story about the amputated leg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.