The Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Nice photo Mac! Have you received your Semogue yet? Hope training is going well brother, it must be close now. :happy088:

navy mac likes this.
  2. navy mac

navy mac Well-Known Member

Not yet but they said about three weeks. I've been in camp with my coach so that's why I haven't posted much but next weekend I'll leave it all out on the stage.

Check out the npc night of the Champions 2016 for results on Saturday night or Sunday morning

ob1page and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Robyflexx

Will do Marcus, best of luck to you brother! :happy036:

navy mac likes this.
  4. navy mac

Thank you brother can't wait to eat some real food again.

5. Robyflexx

I don't think i'm ever cutting again. My last cut was some time last year, i went down to about 8% body fat and was dizzy when standing up and angry all the time from caloric deficit. Looked great, felt like crap everytime! :)

ob1page and navy mac like this.
  6. navy mac

I know your pain. And I sympathize with you whole heartedly. I'm taking a break after this for a while to finish my degree and work on my advancement

7. Robyflexx

I can understand your need to do so as a competitor but i always just did to land more chicks and to look good at the beach. I'm naturally pretty defined, i'm done torturing myself, not worth it buddy. :)

ob1page and navy mac like this.
  8. Robyflexx

[​IMG]
    SOTD Sat. 4/30/16
    Pre Shave Cleanser: Noxzema Classic:love029::love055:
    Pre Shave Oil: RR Essential Oil of Lime:love029: :love055:
    Shave Soap: Soap of The Gods Jared:love029::love055:
    Shave Brush: Fine Angel Hair Synthetic:love029::love055:
    Razor: Muhle R41/Bullgoose Black Beauty:love029::love055:
    Blade: Wilkinson Sword/GSB
    After Shave Balm: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill:love029::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    After Shave Splash: Stirling Glacial Spearmint :love029::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Soap: Grandpa's Patchouli/Aloe Soap:love029::love055:
    Cologne: Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene:love029::love055:
    [​IMG]
    Good morning friends. Today i shaved with my new to me SS Jared by Soap of The Gods which i was enabled to buy thanks to my friend William aka @White731. It's fantastic! It smells of some beautiful high end cologne and whips up easily into some creamy protective, heavenly goodness:love029:. William :thanks:. I also tried out the Wilkinson Sword blade for the first time thanks to my buddy Andrew aka @Linuxguile :thanks:. I really had high hopes for this blade but found it tuggy in my R41 and after two full passes i had to toss it for a GSB to finish off this shave. First time...damn three firsts in one shave! Using the Stirling Glacial Spearmint after shave splash. It's dreamy! Crazy cold and smells just like spearmint gum. :love055: BBS finish, have a great shave and a great weekend guys. :)
    [​IMG]

9. navy mac

That is a great pairing

waffen and Robyflexx like this.
  10. Robyflexx

:thanks: Marcus! :)

navy mac likes this.
  11. waffen

waffen Well-Known Member

Sat. morning shave, didn't have to wanted to, no where no go, working in the yard.
    Pre shave oil... My own mix
    Soap...Margaritas in the Artic
    Brush...Omega clear red handle
    Razor.... EJ 89
    Blade....Personna super blue, first time I try one, very nice I like it!
    Aftershave....C.O.Bigelow Barber green bottle, went to Macy's yesterday and tried Paul Sebistans big time barber shop smell
    Oh yeah don't want to forget, very cold ice water :Animatedfrozensmily::bounce017:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  12. navy mac

[​IMG]

Completely frozen shave today, I want to thank everyone!!! With less water this glacial lathers like a champ. Looking forward to many more ice cold shaves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fellowship of cold water shavers

barbersurgeon, Joef, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  13. Robyflexx

Right on Mac!! :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036:

navy mac likes this.
  14. Robyflexx

[​IMG]
    **MENTHOL MADNESS**

SOTD Sun. 5/1/16
    Pre Shave Oil: @ob1page Citurs:love029: :love055:
    Shave Soap: Stirling Glacial MITA:love029::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Shave Brush: VDH Badger:love029::love055:
    Razor: Gillette Red Tip:love029::love055:
    Blade: Personna Lab Blue
    After Shave Balm: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill:love029::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    After Shave Splash: Stirling Glacial Spearmint :love029::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Cologne: Avant-Garde by Lanvin:love029::love055:
    [​IMG]
    Good morning everyone. This was such a wonderful shave, Glacial MITA is a knockout punch of a menthol blast! Very easy load in seconds, face lathered to a voluminous slick, cushiony, tropical smelling goodness.:love055: The Red Tip is such a joy to use, efficient yet smooth. Dolphin smooth 3 pass shave, outstanding! The Glacial Lemon Lime balm added another layer of freeze while the Glacial Spearmint splash sent me into hypothermia. Beautiful :love029: Have a wonderful shave and a wonderful day friends. :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    MObigfoot, ob1page, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  15. navy mac

Great shave brother, I just tried something this morning and it was glorious. 50/50 mix of the glacial balm and glycerin with 2ml of m-bomb as a pre shave oil. Freezing cold but oh so enjoyable

ob1page, PLAla and Robyflexx like this.
  16. Robyflexx

Fantastic! I love it when my friends get creative and it works out nicely! :happy036:

navy mac likes this.
  17. Robyflexx

[​IMG]

SOTD Mon. 5/2/16
    Pre Shave Oil: @ob1page Citrus :love055:
    Shave Soap: Arko Shave Stick:love029::love055:
    Shave Brush: VDH Badger:love029::love055:
    Razor: Schick E2 Injector:love029::love055:
    Blade: Schick Super Chromium
    Cologne: Bogart by Jacques Bogart:love029::love055:
    [​IMG]
    Good morning friends. I felt like a surgeon with a scalpel this morning as I wielded this E2. Precise, exacting, easy to get the under the nose whiskers, the tricky jawline and corner of the mouth whiskers...gone! Vanished! Three easy passes with angles adjusted for my growth and I'm dolphin smooth. Do yourselves a favor and get an injector guys...you'll thank me. Wonderful lather from my Arko stick PIF'ed graciously to me by my friend Chris aka @Bama Samurai. :thanks: buddy. Some say Arko isn't slick enough...work on your water ratio, i say. Have a great shave and a great day guys. :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    Carbide Mike, MObigfoot, Joef and 4 others like this.
  18. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Jim,

I did a cold water shave today with a menthol soap. Very cold and, I have to admit, not too bad. I'd tried cold water shaving before and wasn't particularly impressed, but this was just fine. I know most exclusive clubs have an initiation so my question is what qualifications do you have to meet to be a member of FCWS?

Joef, barbersurgeon, ob1page and 3 others like this.
  19. Robyflexx

As long as you enjoy a cold water shave regularly you're in @Herm2502, doesn't need be everyday! :)

Herm2502, ob1page, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.
  20. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Zwhs.png Welcome to The Fellowship.