The Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Thank you Gary.

brit likes this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Soap
    Jayaruh #206 Two-band Badger
    Gillette Twinjector
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Family Dollar Spice AS

The Williams Mug Soap face-lathered well with Jayaruh #206 Two-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Twinjector razor with a Personna Injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Family Dollar Spice AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

3. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

26th November 2020.

12.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.
    Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush : Semogue 1438.
    Face Lather.
    Soap : Williams Mug Shaving soap.
    Blade: Euromax Platinum half blade. (4)
    Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint Lavender, + eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Williams ~ Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish Version)/Boots ~ Freshwood ASB.

Greetings,
    Throughout the week the yaqi katana razor & Euromax Platinum half blade have really impressed me with their efficient smoothness...Once i get more accustomed with the katana i intend to try it with a Supershave X 'snapped in half blade', but for now i'm happy using the Euromax Platinum half blades which i find a very smooth non-aggressive yet a good efficient match for the katana.
    The williams mug shaving soap i find performs a adequately once it's been bloomed for a few minutes, then lather up for a minute with my damp boar brush creating a slick protective lather for the shave, which leaving a superb post shave feel to my face...The original 'tallow based' recipe must of been extremely good.
    I totally understand why some people have love/hate opinions on williams it does take a while a little more effort and time to create a good lather but once you get passed the airy/bubbly stage your rewarded with a wonderful slick protective lather that doesn't dissipate or dry out on your skin. Like most budget shaving soaps it doesn't get top marks for it's scent which to my nose is a 'clean scent with no 'bells and whistles' but makes up multitude for it's slickness protection, and post shave feel are the main things i look for in any soap or shaving cream.
    The scent of a shaving soap isn't a important issue for me slickness protection, and post shave feel are ok, you don't want it to smell like a 'warm horse' granted, i find once i have done my cold rinse the scent of a soap or cream scent is virtually disappeared... As always, YMMV.
    A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Ron R, okiwen, brit and 2 others like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  5. jimjo1031

Gillette Featherweight Tech Razor
    Gillette Silver Blue Blade
    Lord Chesterfield/Two Band Badger (restored) Brush
    Victory Shaving Lemon-Lavender-Menthol Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Lavender
    Murray & Lanman Florida Water

Untitled.jpg

6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  7. palmolive fox

28th November 2020.

1.jpg

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Lather : The Body Shop ~ Maca Root & Aloe Shaving Cream.

Blade: Euromax Platinum half blade. (1)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./Pashana ASL./Baylis & Harding ~ Sandalwood & Amber ASB./Oud 24 Hours EDP.

Greetings,

Another new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend.

Carrying on with the Katana SE razor/Euromax Platinum half blade duo for another week after the comfortable shaves that i had last week.

I haven't used the Rainbow Brown synthetic (Faux Horse) for a while it works wonderfully with either soap or cream 'as do all my yaqi synthetics', whipping up a lather in no time... I now have three yaqi synthetic brushes and each one has it's own character, the Rainbow Brown synthetic (Faux Horse) was a christmas present from my siblings last year bought purely because they liked the rainbow handle.

On first appearance i thought it was too big? and was going to be a lather monster? both of which was the complete opposite to my doubting thoughts. The brush holds the lather wonderfully and has a lovely 'face feel' very like my natural horsehair brushes and isn't awkward or feels too big to use for me after a few shaves it quickly became a firm favourite in my brush rotation...It doesn't just look good, overall it's a fantastic brush...A superb addition to my humble synthetic shaving brush collection.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a few generous squirts of Oud 24 Hours EDP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling like a real ladies man.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    Ron R, jimjo1031, brit and 1 other person like this.
  8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  9. palmolive fox

29th November 2020.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Pre:
    Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
    Face Lather.
    Soap : Haslinger Aloe Vera.
    Blade: Euromax Platinum half blade. (2)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./Superdrug ~ Forest Fresh ASL. /Wilko ~ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Haslinger soap provided a wonderful lather for my shave in a short space of time...I really like the Haslinger soaps i have tried so far i consider them another "no bells and whistles shaving soap". The basic plastic packaging wrapper with two sticky labels is nothing elaborate to look at the scent of both the aloe vera & Schafmilch to my nose have a mild clean soapy scent, performance wise both of these soaps are fantastic the slickness protection, and post shave feel are amazingly good, which i consider the most important qualities in a shaving soap or cream.

Another comfortable 2 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Wilko ~ ASB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Ron R, jimjo1031, brit and 1 other person like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  12. palmolive fox

1st December 2020.

3.jpg

Pre:
    Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush : Fine 24mm Synthetic.
    Face Lather.
    Soap : Fine ~ Fresh Vetiver.
    Blade: Euromax Platinum half blade. (3)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint Lavender, +eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ P&G ~ Old Spice Original ASL./Boots ~ Fragrance Free Moisturising Lotion.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

It's been a while since i last added the fine fresh vetiver soap to my soap rotation and forgot how good of a lather this soap gives in a short space of time.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Boots ~ Fragrance Free Moisturising Lotion.

Ron R, jimjo1031 and Jayaruh like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  15. jimjo1031

Voss Open Comb (Germany) Razor
    Bic Chrome Platinum Blade
    West German Boar (restored) Brush
    Reef Point Dragon's Blood Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Lavender
    Reef Point Dragon's Blood w/Menthol AS Balm

Untitled.jpg

16. palmolive fox

3rd December 2020.

4.jpg

Pre:
    Brush : Omega 48.
    Face Lather.
    Soap : Monsavon Au Lait.
    Blade: Euromax Platinum half blade. (4)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint Lavender, + eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture. / Blue Stratos ASL./ Boots ~ Freshwood Aftershave Balm.

Greetings,

Another superb shave, throughout the week the katana razor has really impressed me with it's efficient smoothness.

The Euromax Platinum half blade could easily give me another two shaves from it but, i will retire it four shaves from a half blade is enough for me. As always the Monsavon soap provided a luxurious protective slick lather.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report....Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Boots ~ Freshwood Aftershave Balm.

jimjo1031, Ron R, brit and 1 other person like this.
  17. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Fri, Dec4th 2020

Razor: Gillette British Rocket SS-Mfg 1950's NDCodes, Excellent mid range<, excellent combo with a Kai SS IMO.
    Blade: Kai SS (7) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth. Wider than a standard blade(.009inches)= excellent results today!
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea- Excellent scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi artic Sky knot 24mm synthetic- Excellent lather creator + cloud like soft tips. One nice brush IMO.
    Pre Shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gillette British rocket SS + KAI SS blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

20. palmolive fox

5th December 2020.

5.jpg

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
    Brush: Yaqi ~ 24mm Naples Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Face: wtg, xtg, atg, + pick ups.
    Head: wtg, atg, + pick ups.
    Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
    Lather : OSP ~ Grapefruit & Menthol Shaving Cream.
    Blade: Mers ~ Super Shave X Platinum. (1)
    Razor: Parker ~ 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture/Brut ~ ASL./ Wilko ~ Fruits Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Greetings,

Another new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...After my weekly 'no guard' buzzcut with my trusty Wahl hair clippers it was that time again for my monthly head shave.

The Mers Supershave X Platinum blade which are manufactured in china made of Swedish steel and paired together admirably with the Parker 55SL Semi-Slant making a smooth efficient razor & blade duo.

The OSP grapefruit & menthol cream is a wonderful wake up call to my sensors on a fresh winter morning creating a excellent lather only a small amount is required to get a great lather in no time with a very nice citrusy scent and plenty of menthol goodness leaving a cooling post shave feel to both my face & head...A enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Wilko ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

My face and precious swede are feeling super cool smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

jimjo1031, brit and Jayaruh like this.