The Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gillette Featherweight Tech Razor
    Gillette Silver Blue Blade
    Surrey Boar/Navy Brass Handle Brush
    Sudsey Soapery Citrus & Bay Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Egyptian Musk
    Pinaud Citrus Musk Eau De Cologne

Untitled.jpg

brit, palmolive fox and Jayaruh like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos210322b.jpg

brit and jimjo1031 like this.
  4. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

23rd March 2021.

67.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush: Omega 10077.
    Face Lather.
    Lather : Erasmic Shaving Soap Bowl.
    Blade: Lord Platinum Class .(D3)
    Razor: 1960's Gillette Slim Twist.(ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Creightons Sensitive PSB./ P&G Old Spice Original ASL.

Greetings,

A wonderful shave from my 1960's slim twist. I've said this on many occasions it still amazes me that a 50 year + vintage DE razor can still shave so smoothly.

Another pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of P&G Old Spice Original ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

brit, jimjo1031 and Jayaruh like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  6. jimjo1031

Wilkinson Sword Sticky Razor
    Wilkinson Sword Stainless Blade
    Wilkinson Sword Boar Brush
    English Leather Shave Soap
    English Leather Cologne Splash

Untitled.jpg

palmolive fox, Jayaruh and brit like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  8. palmolive fox

25th March 2021.

68.jpg

Pre:
    Brush: Omega 49.
    Face Lather.
    Lather : Arko Shave Stick.
    Blade: Lord Platinum Class. (D4)
    Razor: 1970's Gillette Aluminum Handle Tech S4. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree Essential Oils. +3 Menthol crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Aloe Vera Gel./ Gummy ~ Turkish Lavender Cologne.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Later this morning i have to go for my yearly works medical before i return to work on the 6th April.
    Yesterday afternoon i had my first AstraZeneca Jab, which was the most painless injection i have had to date. Like most people on planet earth, i don't like needles or injections but this one didn't affect me at all...I had no threatening adverse effects after having the vaccine apart from feeling a little bit shivery and tired, but today i feel fine apart from my arm feeling slightly stiff which i was told "is the norm", and will be ok after a few days...

Back to the shave...Last outing of the Lord platinum blade has been consistent throughout the week...Another good blade from the Lord camp that i will add more frequently to my blade rotation...The Gillette Tech is a remarkable in-expensive razor that i will always have in my shaving den.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable acceptable shave with no errors to report...A great shave to finish my shaving week of in style...Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Gummy ~ Turkish Lavender Cologne.

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    jimjo1031, brit and Jayaruh like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  11. palmolive fox

27th March 2021.

69.jpg

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
    Brush: Yaqi ~ 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Face: wtg, xtg, atg,+ pick ups.
    Head: wtg, atg, + pick ups.
    Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
    Lather : Vitos ~Vegetale Shaving Soap.
    Blade : Shark Super Stainless.(D1)
    Razor : Parker Variant. (Settings) 2.5-wtg,2.5-xtg,3-atg+pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings,Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.) (Adjustable DE Razor week.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Maiden face & head shave with the Vitos Vegetale Soap...The verdict?..... A very nice shaving soap, which lathers up superbly provides a slick protective thick lather with a wonderful vibrant marzipan /sweet almond scent with a small hint of coconut oil which lasts throughout the shave and beyond leaving a superb post shave feel...A wonderful addition to my humble shaving soap collection which i look forward to using in future shaves.

Finishing the Lord blade month off using the Shark Super Stainless blade....I know from pass experience with the Shark SS i get 2-3 max acceptable shaves after that i bin them. They have a good balance of smoothness/sharpness which is a great combo especially for head shaving...As always YMMV, opinions are very subjective.

The Parker Variant razor excelled the shave eliminating my face & head stubble effortlessly... It's always a pleasure to shave with this amazingly smooth solidly well built razor, today was no exception...The non-aggressive yet assertive enough Shark SS paired together wonderfully making a smooth efficient duo.

A enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a small dollop of L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB..

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  13. palmolive fox

28th March 2021.

70.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Pre:
    Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.
    Bowl Lather.
    Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
    Lather: Arko ~ Sensitive Shaving Cream.
    Blade: Shark Super Stainless. (D2)
    Razor: Ming Shi 3000s. (Settings) 8-wtg,9-atg+pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils +3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Aloe Vera Gel./ Boots ~ Freshwood ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave...After the close face and head shave with the Parker Variant yesterday the mild, yet efficient enough Ming Shi 3000s made my Sunday morning shave a pleasurable experience.
    A pleasurable 2 pass + pickups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a small dollop of Boots ~ Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  16. palmolive fox

30th March 2021.

TSD.jpg

Pre:
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
    Face Lather.
    Lather : Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap.
    Blade: Shark Super Stainless.(D1)
    Razor: Ming shi 2000s. (Settings) 2. wtg, 2.5 xtg, 3. atg+pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./ P&G ~ Old Spice Whitewater ASL.

Greetings,

In my previous shave i used the Ming Shi 3000s Adj ,it has now been passed on to a work friend of mine who ask me sometime ago now , if he could possibly loan for a while to try it out, i told him when his passing come and collect it and if he felt confident shaving with it he could keep it...He phone me up yesterday and told me he had a wonderful successful shave i said it's yours for good now .Enjoy....That's what friends do for one another, besides i have enough Adjustable razors in my humble DE razor collection to contend with to last me for the rest of my days....The Ach Brito Mogno soap is a wonderful performer it get top marks for it's performance, scent, protection, slickness & post shave feel. A wonderful shaving soap.

A Enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of P&G ~Old Spice Whitewater ASL.

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    brit, jimjo1031 and Jayaruh like this.
  17. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  18. jimjo1031

Gillette WW II Tech Razor
    Polsilver Super Iridium Blade
    Wontshed #3 Boar (restored) Brush
    Klar Shave Soap
    Stetson After Shave

Untitled.jpg

Jayaruh, palmolive fox and brit like this.
  19. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  20. palmolive fox

1st April 2021.

72 -.jpg

Pre:
    Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
    Face Lather.
    Soap : Derby Shave Stick.
    Blade: Shark Super Stainless .(D2)
    Razor: Weishi 2.0 Adjustable. (Settings) wtg 5, atg + pick ups 6.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus,Tea Tree, Essential Oils. +3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Aloe Vera Gel./ Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

"white rabbit white rabbit white rabbit!"

Last outing of the Shark Super Stainless blade to finish my shaving week & month off using various Lord DE blades...

The Silver Star Super Stainless & Lord Platinum Class are my favourite blades from the lord camp however, the Asco & Shark Super stainless are the smoothest out of them which is my preference in a blade over sharpness. The longevity of the Silver Star Super Stainless & Lord Platinum Class, which i am convinced are the same blade" in different covers? have a nice balance of efficiency & smoothness....Long story short, each of the blades from the Lord camp have gave acceptable shaving results with no intermittent quality problems throughout the month.

The Weishi 2.0 Adjustable/Shark Super Stainless blade duo was a real smooth efficient combo...The Weishi Adjustable performance on the higher settings work wonderfully.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...A great shave to finish my shaving week...Finishing the shave off in style with a generous splash of Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne.

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Jayaruh likes this.