The Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  2. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

Now is about the time of year I switch from hot shaves and warm scents to the Proraso Green line and cold water. Once the bees and bugs arrive, I stop using the sweet perfumed scents like Tabac soaps and any similar colognes. Starting with tomorrow's shave I'll be sticking with the fresh clean P-Green lather made with cold water and followed by their aftershave splash. Every so often I'll use some Nivea for Men Shaving cream in the tube or Barbasol Soothing Aloe as they're also fresh scents. Those and plenty of cold water until around the end of October.

3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD-Fri, April 2nd 2021

Razor: Kai style AC shavette- MFG 2018> excellent made razor, easy to work the face & good starter or daily Shavette AC razor.
    Blade: Kai Protouch guarded AC blades- excellent blade for learning on a Shavette or a seasoned shaver, safety guard helps me.
    Soap: Gillette Pure cream- nice scent and has great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi red Zebra handle 26mm [​IMG] -excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like tips, nice gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Kai style Shavette with a Kai protouch guarded blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

5. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

3rd April 2021.

73.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush: Semogue 1438.
    Bowl Lather.
    Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
    Lather : Clubman Pinaud Shave Soap.
    Blade : Gillette Winner Stainless. (D1)
    Razor : Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. +3 Menthol Crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Aloe vera Gel./Pashana ASL.

Greetings,

(Indian Subcontinent DE Blade month.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...After a month of using Egyptian made blades, this month i shall carry on using various Indian subcontinent made blades....Starting off with a maiden shave using the Gillette Winner Stainless...The verdict?...pairing it together with my Parker 55SL Semi-Slant razor made a smooth efficient combo eliminating my stubble with effortless ease....As it's my first shave with the Winner Stainless i have no complaints to report...Regardless to the blades manufacturing location in the Indian subcontinent, the Winner stainless is a smooth efficient blade... To compare them with the Winner Platinum i find the 'Stainless more assertive & smoother...However, this could also be down to my razor choice...

A enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups close comfortable maiden shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a generous splash of Pashana ASL.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the long Easter weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  7. palmolive fox

4th April 2021.

sunday 2 - Copy.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Pre:
    Brush: Omega S10065.
    Bowl Lather.
    Lather: Edwin Jagger ~ Limes & Pomegranate Shaving Cream.
    Blade: Gillette Winner Stainless. (D2)
    Razor: Parker 22r.
    Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./ Duru ~Lemon Cologne Spray.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave...The parker 22r / winner stainless was a wonderful smooth efficient duo... I've mentioned in many of my postings that shaving products produced in the subcontinent don't get the credit they rightly deserve the winner stainless is another example that you don't need to spend a fortune on DE blades to get a good shave...A pleasurable 3 pass + pickups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a generous squirts of Duru ~Lemon Cologne Spray.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Easter Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gillette Aristocrat Razor
    Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus Blade
    Warranteed #15/Two Band Badger (restored) Brush
    Cella Shave Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Egyptian Musk
    Avon Brisk Spice After Shave

Untitled.jpg

10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  11. palmolive fox

6th April 2021.

75.jpg

Pre:
    Brush: Yaqi ~ 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Proraso Sensitive.
    Blade: Gillette Winner Stainless. (D3)
    Razor: Parker 94r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./The Real Shaving Co.~ Post Shave Soothing Balm./Dana ~ English Leather ASL.

Greetings,
    A early morning returning to work shave after been furloughed since early December 2020...I'm now on permanent dayshift for the foreseeable future, and for the next 5-6 weeks the returning furloughed workers are on a 3 day 8 hour shift rota due to covid-19 UK working regulations. So this week i work for the next two days then I am off until the following Monday!...Anyway it'll be good for me to get back into the swing of things and have some real interaction with my fellow workers face to face rather than talking to them on the phone, text and emails... At least i have a job until i get myself something with more stability. The extra days off will give me a opportunity to look for something better...Even though everyone i work with are in the same frame of mind but, you have speculate to accumulate and get off your arse and find it.

A Enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of Dana ~ English Leather ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  14. palmolive fox

8th April 2021.

76.jpg

Pre:
    Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
    Bowl Lather.
    Lather : Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
    Blade: Gillette Winner Stainless. (D4)
    Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 + Menthol Crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./ Blue Stratos ASL.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Last outing of the Gillette Winner stainless, throughout the week the blade has performed wonderfully with causing no irritation or dulling problems...All in all, though i like the Gillette Winner Stainless & Platinum as both blades have gave me good satisfactory shaving results are suited to my mature skin type, and have paired together wonderfully with the various DE razors that i have used...Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of Blue Stratos ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  17. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gillette Old Type/Scotch & Stowe Razor
    ******Delta Echo Refinished******
    Personna Stainless Blade
    Simpson BAC3/Two Band Badger (restored) Brush
    Dr. Jon's Savannah Sunrise Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Egyptian Musk
    Stirling Peach After Shave

Untitled.jpg

18. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I had a second shave yesterday afternoon to get ready for a date. I went all cold water and the must say it wasn’t bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, Jayaruh and palmolive fox like this.
  19. palmolive fox

10th April 2021.

77.jpg

Pre:
    Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.
    Bowl Lather.
    Lather : Kiss My Face ~ Peaceful Patchouli Shave Cream.
    Blade : Indian Gillette 7'0clock Super Platinum. (D1)
    Razor : Yintal 9036-I TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

(Chinese Clone razor week.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend....Carrying on with my month of Indian made DE blades using the Gillette 7'0clock Super Platinum, which paired together with the Yintal super speed clone superbly making a mild smooth efficient duo.
    It's been a while since i last used the KMF shave cream and forgot how you only need a small amount to get a adequate slick protective lather without adding more to the mix...Don't be put off with it's feminine packaging it's a great shaving cream which i should and will use more regularly with my shave set ups.

A enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a small dollop of L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor