The Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

22nd April 2021.

84.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.
    Bowl Lather.
    Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
    Lather : Geo F Trumper Violet Shave Cream.
    Blade: Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword. (D4)
    Razor: Kanzy K100.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 + Menthol Crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./Blue Stratos ASL.

Greetings,

Last outing of the Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade which has performed wonderfully with each shave throughout the week . What i like about the Kanzy K100 razor is, the balanced weight it's closed 'tech type head' which holds the blade rigidly which blade chatter is reduced to minimum with no blade over-hang which is very comfortable to shave with additional protection of catching my ear lobes or under my nose when shaving it gives a close presentable acceptable shave when paired together with the right blade choice.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of Blue Stratos ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Maggard Grey V3/DIY Handle Razor
    Polsilver Super Iridium Blade
    Frank Shaving Badger Brush
    Omega Shave Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Egyptian Musk
    Nivea Deep After Shave

Untitled.jpg

4. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  5. palmolive fox

24th April 2021.

85.jpg

Pre:
    Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Razorock "What The Puck? !" Orange Sunrise Shaving Soap.
    Blade : Gillette Winner Platinum. (D1)
    Razor : Parker 92r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. +3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB./Milton-Lloyd ~ no.9 Victor EDP.

Greetings,
    A new shave set up to start the weekend... Finishing my month of using Indian made DE blades with the Gillette Winner Platinum which was a superb match paired together with the Parker 92r made a smooth, sharp, & efficient Indian made duo...I can't remember the last time i used the Razorock"WTP?!" soap and forgot it takes a bit more time to build a lather, which for me isn't a big issue i found after the soap has been bloomed in tepid tap water for few minutes I'm rewarded with a rich, creamy slick lather leaving a good post shave feeling to my face. after the shave.

A enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few generous squirts of Milton-Lloyd ~ no.9 Victor EDP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  7. palmolive fox

25th April 2021.

86.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Pre:
    Brush: Omega S10018.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks.(grated)
    Blade: Gillette Winner Platinum. (D2)
    Razor: Parker 94r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. +3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser./ P&G Old Spice ~ Bearglove ASL Spray.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave...

The razor/blade duo yet again worked together wonderfully very smooth and efficient mowing through my stubble with ease...The 94r is a non-aggressive yet smooth efficient razor.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pickups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a generous splash of P&G Old Spice ~ Bearglove ASL Spray.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Merkur Bakelite Razor
    Derby Extra Stainless Blade
    Warranteed #15/Two Band Badger Brush
    TOBS Grapefruit Shave Cream
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Egyptian Musk
    Old Spice Fresh Lime After Shave

Untitled.jpg

10. palmolive fox

27th April 2021.

87.jpg

Pre:
    Brush: Yaqi ~ 24mm Naples Tuxedo Knot Synthetic.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Haslinger ~ Aloe Vera Soap.
    Blade: Gillette Winner Platinum. (D3)
    Razor: Parker 87r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils +.3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./L'0REAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap PSB./Brut ASL.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

Another good acceptable performance from the Indian Gillette Winner Platinum blade.

A Enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a generous splash of Brut ASL.

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  13. palmolive fox

27th April 2021.

88 .jpg

Pre:
    Brush: Vie-Long ~ Horsehair.
    Face Lather.
    Lather : Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.
    Blade: Gillette Winner Platinum. (D4)
    Razor: Parker 22r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals. Mixed together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB./Superdrug ~ Forest Fresh ASL.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Last outing of the Indian Gillette Winner Platinum to finish my month run of using Indian made blades...Throughout the month each of the Various Indian made blades i have used have performed wonderfully in each razor i have paired them up with resulting in close comfortable error-free shaves...If i had to pick a favourite which is a hard choice i would go for the Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum (black),however there is a great amount of other Indian blades that i have that are equally as good... I have a great fondness for Subcontinent made shaving products, not because they are inexpensive no because they have provided me with close comfortable error-free shaves.
    The parker 22r /Indian Gillette winner platinum was another wonderful smooth efficient duo mowing through my stubble with ease...A great shave to finish my shaving week off.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of Superdrug ~ Forest Fresh ASL.

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  16. palmolive fox

1st May 2021.

89.jpg

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
    Brush: Omega S10065.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
    Lather: Nivea Men ~ Originals Shave Cream.
    Blade : Astra Superior Platinum. (D1)
    Razor : Edwin Jagger DE89. 'kelvin.'
    Face: wtg, xtg, atg,+ pick ups.
    Head: wtg, wtg,atg + pick ups.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. +3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Nivea Men ~ 2 phase ASL + Body Shaving ASL Balm./X-Bolt EdT.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave) (Shaving Cream Week)

A new shave set up to start the bank holiday weekend...It's been a long time since i added my EG DE89 to my razor rotation.
    The next month or more i shall be using Russian made DE blades from the Moscow & ST Petersburg plants.
    Starting with the Astra SP blades, which along with the Gillette 7 0'clock Sharp edge ( Yellow) where two of the first blades i purchased to learn my technique and gain my shaving confidence from when entering the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving. Both of these blades are well suited to my skin type, and have always paired together well with each razor. The EG DE89 paired together excellently with the Astra SP making a smooth efficient duo...I find the Astra SP blades get better with each shave.

A enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few squirts of X-Bolt EdT to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the long bank holiday weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

17. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  18. palmolive fox

2nd May 2021.

90.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Pre:
    Brush: Anbbas Boar.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
    Lather : Kiss My Face ~ Peaceful Patchouli Moisture Shave Cream.
    Blade: Astra Superior Platinum. (D2)
    Razor: Muhle r89.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave...I have said in the past one of my all time favourite DE razors is the Muhle r89..It was one of the first DE razors that i instantly bonded with when i first started DE shaving and have always had wonderful irritation-free shaves each time i have used it, today yet again was no exception.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pickups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a small dollop of L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

19. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  20. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

[​IMG]
    Joining in!
    Prep: cold water wash with Ivory soap
    Lather: TOBS
    Brush: Synthetic
    Razor: ATT Windsor
    Blade: Astra (1)

Not bad, going to take a bit to get used to this approach, but with 90° days and warmer morning, shouldn’t be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk