The Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. navy mac

navy mac Well-Known Member

Tonight's shave will be amazing

Soap: Tiki The Captain

Brush: Paladin Chief

Razor: Wolfman wr1

Handle: Triad custom

Splash: Folsom Shady Past

[​IMG]

Fellowship of cold water shavers

Linuxguile, ob1page, mrchick and 3 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I have tried the iced water shave, but I find it to be a bit more inconvenient for me. It is very nice, but I am happy with my cold water shaves. They continue to be the first activity of the morning, and I love them. Here is the lineup for the next seven days.
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Planned
    zcws.gif

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    BamaT, Linuxguile, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I like that vintage-style Skin Bracer label! I know you print them from online and affix them to your spray bottles. But I like that old-style label.

Jayaruh, whiteboy_cannon and navy mac like this.
  4. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

[​IMG]

SOTD Fri. 6/17/16
    Prep: Noxzema Classic :love029: :love055:
    SS: Tabac Shave Stick :love029: :love055:
    SB: Semogue 620 Boar :love029: :love055:
    Razor: GEM G-Bar :love029: :love055:
    Blade: GEM
    ASB: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill :love029: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    AS: Fine L'Orange :love029: :love055:
    Shower Soap Bar: Grandpa's Patchouli :love029: :love055:
    Cologne: Acqua Di Selva by Visconti Di Modrone :love029: :love055:
    [​IMG]

Good morning friends. Exceptional shave with the G-Bar this morning. Smooth easy three passes leaving me smooth as silk and whisker free. Tabac shave stick provides stellar performance for my taste in a shave soap and the closest in consistency that I have found to Haslinger. These are the type of soaps I like providing excellent cushion, glide and protection for an irritation free shave. Like a BOSS people...like a BOSS. Have a great weekend guys. :happy069:

[​IMG]

Jayaruh, BamaT, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  5. Robyflexx

[​IMG]

SOTD Sat. 6/18/16
    SS: La Toja Shave Stick :love029: :love055:
    Razor: Pal Adj. :love029: :love055:
    Blade: Schick (1)
    ASB: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill :love029: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Cologne: Thallium by Yves De Sistelle :love029: :love055:
    [​IMG]

Good morning friends. First shave with the Pal Adj. I love this razor! It's big and sturdy, and is my biggest injector of all. The first thing that struck me is how smooth it shaves, it feels like your whiskers are just disappearing and it's extremely efficient as well. There is no need to go above the middle setting which is what my buddy Billyfergie suggested but of course I'm dialing it up to full throttle for my next shave. ::p: I like it better than my Schick adjustable. Every injector fan should have one. I chose La Toja today for it's excellent protective cushion and glide and it worked out beautifully for a three pass easy dolphin smooth finish. Riding that train people...riding it..... :transport022: :happy036:

[​IMG]

Jayaruh, Linuxguile, mrchick and 3 others like this.
  6. Robyflexx

[​IMG]

SOTD Sun. 6/19/16
    SS: Strop Shoppe Date Night :love029: :love055:
    Razor: Pal Adj. :love029: :love055:
    Blade: Schick (2)
    Cologne: Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene :love029: :love055:
    [​IMG]

Good morning guys. Fantastic shave this morning with the Pal Adj. First two passes I shaved with the H setting and the amount of reduction was so great that for the third and final pass I turned the knob back down to the middle setting. Had I not done this I would have been raw, this is a very aggressive razor. My end result is a wonderfully dolphin smooth face with no irritation whatsoever. Awesome! :love055: This soap although being a high quality soap falls short of delivering the type of lather a Haslinger, Tabac or La Toja can do. Have a great day friends. :cool:

[​IMG]

Jayaruh, PLAla, Linuxguile and 2 others like this.
  7. I would like to be part of this fellowship! I have been CWS since university. I have tried HWS but my mirror steams up very quickly, even if it's just from running the hot tap. I haven't heard of people CWS for this reason but that really is why I started.

Of course when I do HWS after years of CWS, I find that the shave is inferior, the razor just misses loads of hairs and my skin feels too tender at the end of the shave. I don't really buy the whole science of "opening and closing pores", if any at all. I mean, granted, hot water may make a difference to the quality of the water because the heat energy is going to cause the water molecules to move around a lot more and the space between them to expand. This could, I suppose enhance the slickness of the lather and perhaps its effectiveness at cleaning your face? Although water temperature does not make a shred of difference to how effectively soap cleanses your face. But having soft water or a water softener may achieve the same, or better, results. I'm no scientist (as you can probably tell), and, YMMV.

Cold water doesn't evaporate as quickly either, if you like to leave anything to soak for a while, including your face, soap, brush, depending on the water/room temp the depth of the water and how long you leave things to soak, you could find yourself having to add water more frequently. I have to moisten up the lather on my face more often if I use hot water.

ob1page, Jayaruh, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  8. Robyflexx

Welcome aboard here are two banners for you! :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Why thank you!

navy mac and Robyflexx like this.
  10. Robyflexx

[​IMG]

SOTD Mon. 6/20/16
    SS: Route 66 Lumberjack :love029: :love055:
    Razor: Schick N1 :love029: :love055:
    Blade: Schick Twin (1)
    Cologne: Lapidus by Ted Lapidus :love029: :love055:
    [​IMG]

Good morning friends. Easy three pass shave routine this morning with the twin blades. I highly recommend these blades for those who have injectors that can accommodate them, they are worth the extra cost. Beautiful slick, cushiony lather from my Route 66 soap for a dolphin smooth and refreshing finish. Have a great day guys. :happy069:

[​IMG]

Jayaruh, Salty Belle, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  11. Robyflexx

[​IMG]

SOTD Tue. 6/21/16
    SS: Haslinger Coconut :love029: :love055:
    Razor: Schick N1 :love029: :love055:
    Blade: Schick Twin (2)
    Cologne: 1881 by Cerruti :love029: :love055:
    [​IMG]

Good morning guys. Wonderful three pass shave today, easy slick, rich lather from the Haslinger. I'm silky smooth and refreshed, ready to face the world confidently. Have a great day friends. :cool:

[​IMG]

navy mac, Jayaruh, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  12. Robyflexx

[​IMG]

SOTD Wed. 6/22/16
    SS: TOBS Grapefruit :love029: :love055:
    Razor: Pal Injecto-Matic :love029: :love055:
    Blade: Schick (5)
    Cologne: Bogart by Jacques Bogart :love029: :love055:
    [​IMG]

Good morning friends. Exceptional shave this morning with the Pal, easy breezy three passes for a dolphin smooth end result. Clean and refreshed. The TOBS Grapefruit smells wonderful and is a good performing SS, providing good skin care throughout and after. Have a great day folks. :happy069:

[​IMG]

navy mac, Jayaruh, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  13. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I'm a seasonal cold water shaver, and I started really about 3 weeks ago for this year. It's officially summer in Alabama, temps in mid-90's today.

ob1page, navy mac, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.
  14. Robyflexx

SOTD Thu. 6/23/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Silky smooth three pass shaving routine this morning, easy slick, rich lather from the Tabac with it's lovely robust scent. Have a great day friends. :smile :):

PLAla and Linuxguile like this.
  15. Robyflexx

SOTD Fri. 6/24/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good morning friends. Marvelous shave this morning with a twin blade in the N1, three easy breezy passes for a dolphin smooth and refreshing finish. Palmolive shave stick makes amazing face lather, I can't believe how good this stuff is. Thanks Marverel! Have a great day guys. :happy069:

PLAla and navy mac like this.
  16. Robyflexx

17. navy mac

[​IMG]

I really like the adagio scent. Probably my favorite from B&M.

PLAla, Robyflexx, BamaT and 1 other person like this.
  18. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I really like the handle on that razor!

19. navy mac

Thank you. I love Toby's work. If I ever get the chance to get another one I definitely will for my other razor.

20. Robyflexx

Very nice Mac! :happy036:

navy mac likes this.