The Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

It's not supported on the signature line. You'll have to either upload it when posting or copy and paste it. :)

ob1page likes this.
  2. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Again...yep!

Jayaruh and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

I learned here in the den about cold water shaving....I'm hooked! [​IMG]

preidy, ob1page, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.
  4. Robyflexx

Glad to see you back @Joef :)

Joef likes this.
  5. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

Thank you sir. Been working crazy amounts of hours lately. But I'll be around more often now.

Robyflexx likes this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to the club, @Joef .

preidy, ob1page, Joef and 1 other person like this.
  7. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

So, I had my third cold water shave today and I continue to be impressed with how close and irritation-free they have been.

For the last two, I actually tried something which runs counter to most shaving advice- I shaved before the shower. So, in other words, I did nothing to soften the whiskers and, I swear, it worked better. I don't know if its adding extra wear to the hardware, but I'm impressed with the results.

preidy, Joef, Robyflexx and 3 others like this.
  8. Robyflexx

I've always shaved before my shower. It just makes sense to me, shave soap, whiskers, water. Just makes sense to shower afterwards... Just me I guess. I'm glad it works for you, the truth is that with proper prep and a face that's not tender or swollen from hot or warm shower water it works better for me. :)

ob1page, Jayaruh and PLAla like this.
  9. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Ok, now you both have me curious. I'm going to have to try shaving before the shower and see how it goes.

Robyflexx and PLAla like this.
  10. Robyflexx

Let me know how it works out buddy! :)

ob1page and Jayaruh like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I think he's going to like it.

ob1page and Robyflexx like this.
  12. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

I have a question about the shave before shower, doesn't the hot or warm water hydrate the whiskers? Can a cold water wash before a shave hydrate them enough for a proper shave? I'm going to try it, but just wondering. Also, after the shave, the hot water is going to do the opposite of a cold water rinse....I think...

ob1page, PLAla and Robyflexx like this.
  13. Robyflexx

Cold water not only hydrates the whiskers it's invigorating! I do a normal prep with cold water, Noxzema cleanser, and pre shave oil. Nothing changes.

preidy, ob1page and Joef like this.
  14. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I prefer to shower before shaving in order to wash any dirt or oils away, and soften the whiskers. I also use a pre-shave scrub during the shower.
    Essentially by the time I begin to lather, the whiskers are primed for removal. ;)

45auto, ob1page and PLAla like this.
  15. ob1page

For those that shower first, do you apply witch hazel before the shower, after the shower or both? I like the cooling effect Thayers gives immediately after my shave but I'm wondering when it's best to apply.

PLAla likes this.
  16. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I shower first but save the witch hazel until after the shave. I cold rinse thoroughly, dry off my face some and then splash on witch hazel. I use the drug store variety. It's about $1 for 16 ounces.

ob1page and Robyflexx like this.
  17. ob1page

Dang it, I meant those that shave first

Robyflexx and PLAla like this.
  18. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

:signs011:

19. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Cold water makes those whiskers stand up and get sliced off at the skin line.

20. ob1page

I used cold water today to build my lather, it worked better than the hot. I'm officially using cold water for everything now!

Bama Samurai, Jayaruh, Joef and 2 others like this.