The Gratitude Thread

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Sara-s, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We are living through times that are, at best stressful and at worst, scary & chaotic. So I think we can use some positive thoughts, where we can find them. I will begin;

I am grateful to be a retiree with a pension. I have no worries about missing work or whether or not I will get a paycheck. I also have enjoyable hobbies to occupy my time. Last but not least, I have a loving husband.

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I am glad to have had generally good health and so am able to work and provide as I should.

It may help some to know that a widespread misunderstanding of the Bible is that thankfulness IN all things is what's admonished, not thankfulness FOR all things. There's a huge and obvious difference between them, but many feel guilty for not being able to be thankful for an evil circumstance that, in itself, is absolutely not thankworthy. But being thankful in the midst of an evil day is something else.

preidy and Enrico like this.
  3. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I am grateful for another day with family, the ability to work from home, and knowing where I will be when this life is over.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

preidy, Sara-s, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  4. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Like my dad always told me. If you think you've had a bad day or down on the luck look around or read the paper. I'm very grateful I live in the ole USA; still around to see three healthy and employed kids plus four healthy grand children. The boss and I celebrate 42 yrs of marriage in May. Also very lucky to have a pension so more fortunate than most. Due to the news it's sometimes a chore to see the good things in life. Last week I was reminded there are still good people out there. I lost my debt card in the city of St Louis. A nice lady found it and took time to search my phone number and returned it.

Terry, lightcs1776 and Sara-s like this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I headed out yesterday to go to the outdoor archery range. As it is quite large, the archers have no problem keeping our distance from one another. I had to bring some gear to my car, which was a bit awkward, as I need a cane to get down my front steps (leaving just one hand for a couple of gear bags).
    While I was trying to manage this, a teenage girl, who did not know me, came over to help me bring the gear to my car. Nice to see someone show kindness to a stranger.

Paul Turner likes this.
  6. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

While I don't hold parents completely responsible for the actions of their children, it is likely she has parents that taught her well. I really enjoyed reading your post.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sara-s likes this.