The Haul: April 14th - April 20th 2008

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by moviemaniac, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Whoa! Nice hauls, everyone!

Johan, I can't wait to read about your visit to Mastro Livi, and you know how much we all LOVE photos! :happy088

2. Padron

Padron Active Member

LOL, that's what I was thinking :D Looks cool Rick, I hope it smokes well for you :cool:

3. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow Johan!! :drool :drool :drool

Fantastic haul, can't wait to see more photos of your Livi and hear more of your visit. Congrats!! :D

4. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

wow, looks like everyone is having a good week! Few more razors for me.
    [​IMG]

5. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I was just teasin' :o :eatdrink047

Here's the photos that "Buddel" made before he sold it to me - no need for me to take any more pictures: http://www.gut-rasiert.de/forum/index.php?topic=543.0

@Johan and Rodd: That's some very serious hauls there, guys, enjoy 'em goodies! ::

6. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

7. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

send over half a million bucks and it's yours :D

8. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Can you wait 'til next month.. my CC needs a rest :p

9. xChris

xChris Member

WOW! The ebony scales do match pretty well the horn scales that would have originally been on that. That is a fantastic blade! I have one that is in worse shape, but is still in my top-5 razors. You'll definitely enjoy it.

10. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Anyone ever see the gem reversible or double edge blades? they are sharp on each edge, when one edge got dull you could flip them. I would imagine they were cheaper to produce too. First time I had seen them. Also first Eagle Standard I have seen.

11. Will

Will Nevermind

Lil' Poncho, NYC.........They know him. :D

How do you know I didn't. :eek:

12. freebird

freebird Active Member

A Wade and Butcher 5/8s wedge, minor pitting in one spot on the reverse side of the blade and one nick in the blade.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    from badger and blade bst, 20.00

[​IMG]
    This one is on it's way, picked up on ebay

[​IMG]

13. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Great haul! Lovely steel you have there!

14. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

@Chris: The scales are not ebony but black makassar to imitate the original horn scales.

kd5afe: Now that's quite a sweet haul! ::

15. xChris

xChris Member

Should I be exclaiming "Ha Ha!" or "Ah hah!" :D

I thought makassar was a variety of ebony?

16. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

It's all in the spelling, isn't it :p

17. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Wow ! :eek::eek::eek:

I was so sure I wouldnt be beat for the Haul record for this week , nice to see I was WRONG !

Serious Sick Haul over there Johan !

Awesome SHOW ! what a str8 razor by the Maestro ... :D and you got to meet him in the flesh even better. and no waiting time either because I think he has a pretty back order id think with the lottery that was held at the SRP lately.

18. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Oh, ah.... errr.... yeah :ashamed001

19. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Klaus, ich dachte es gibt nur 1 Art von Ebenholz--ich lerne jede Tag etwas neues! ;)

20. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Antique Stores Again!

These two straights have been gathering dust in one of my local antique shops for as long as I've been shopping there. The $20 price stickers on each were so faded I could barely read them. I had never even taken them out of the locked case to examine them because I'm not a straight shaver. Now that I'm trying to be one, I decided to take a look.

I've never seen a straight with metal scales, but these polished up quite nicely with, umm, SILVER polish! :D The scales have some scratches, but the blade looks almost new!

THe other one is in rougher shape, but salvageable, I think. Maybe I'll try my hand at making new scales. Or maybe I'll just find someone to do it for me.

Anyway, here's today's haul...

Is $15 for a pair of Wade & Butchers good? :D

Attached Files: