The Haul: April 2015

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Apr 1, 2015.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Clint, wow! I haven't lathered it yet so I'm going strictly from opening the lid. Guinness beer and chocolate cookie, totally eatable!

theFAT98 likes this.
  2. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Glad you enjoy it. Can't wait to see how you like it when you shave.

3. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

You can't go wrong with Old Spice! Take it from an Old Spice junkie :eatdrink047::happy036:

Slow Joe and theFAT98 like this.
  4. ObiDon

image.jpg Remember awhile back I said that "that was my last razor"? Well I ment to say that was my last DE razor. So here is my last straight razor, that just came today. It's a Dubl Duck Goldedge 5/8 round point. Got to send it off to @gssixgun so he can work his magic, but looks good so far. I also just got a Bench Strop from Glen's shop and after watching his video worked some Glen inspired Magic on my current Dubl Duck Special #01. Helps keep a nice edge.

5. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

My April haul
    SOAPS: Chiseled Face Trade Winds
    Ingram Cool
    Gada Cool Mint
    L'occitane Cade
    RAZORS:
    Hoffritz slant
    1983 Gillette Adjustable Black Beauty

[​IMG]

Recklesstr, bnccna2, theFAT98 and 7 others like this.
  6. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Thats an awesome haul. I like the black beauty

7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

That duck is just gorgeous.

ObiDon, Misphit and NewellVW like this.
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Happened to receive my second Weber yesterday in what can only be described as 'like new'-condition in box with even the original card and wrapping paper.
    This one is a PH w/ bulldog handle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It made a great addition to my little stainless steel collection
    [​IMG]

9. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

They are bee-goo-tee-full razors that also provide a great, smooth shave! Enjoy!
    Be conscientious regarding the cleaning and drying of the 3-pin scales as they are the most fragile part of these fine razors. You'll see many of the old DDs with these scales suffering from the prevalent and dreaded cell rot (usually first seen by the rusting of the bottom half of the blade). Aside from the cell-rot, I suppose one of the most common failings is the gold that once covered most of the tang and tail on these models. You'll see evidence (the tail on the one picture above) of the original gold, but it seems the gold is the first to go on many of these oldies.
    SafariScreenSnapz005.jpg

Recklesstr, bnccna2, theFAT98 and 3 others like this.
  10. Omelmad

Its so cool! I can watch this pic snd think "yes its a very nice razor" haha

Slow Joe, Darkbulb and Misphit like this.
  11. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

It's Ironic, but seeing/guessing how much Darkbulb spends has completely cured my RAD on eBay. I have not bought a razor since the Russian Ideal from eBay a while ago and am EXTREMELY choosy now when I see razors in the wild. I also have acquired what I consider a nice rounded collection of blades, mugs, scuttles and brushes so another persons gain has been the wakeup call I needed. Starting tomorrow I may decide on calling it "No Pay May" and extend it through 2015. This will be really easy since I have three soaps coming today which will end my shaving needs for a long, long time.

Slow Joe, bnccna2 and ObiDon like this.
  12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

None of my two Webers came from eBay but from fellow wetshaving 'enthusiasts' :)
    Happy to help with your RAD though :D
    Even I am slowing down...I have two incoming razors left and a very short watch list....

Omelmad likes this.
  13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I believe it's the same as yours. Will be fun to try out!

Omelmad likes this.
  14. Omelmad

It is very nice! I love the weight

Misphit likes this.
  15. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Those Weber look amazing. Do they make the head as well? All I have seen on line is their handles? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Misphit likes this.
  16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Not a dumb question at all - they used to make heads as well but discontinued those and are, at least for now, only making handles (three I believe: Bulldog, Wave and Classic).

Misphit likes this.
  17. ObiDon

Thanks for the heads up, Kevin! I've done a lot of research on the DD and have seen a NOS version with all the gold still intact, beautiful. This will not be a Den Queen but I have asked Glen to make it as good as it can be. It is in the mail to him now. I understand the love/hate relationship with the scales, because they are so fragile, but they are beautiful. I'm hooked.

Misphit likes this.
  18. ObiDon

Thanks! I'm really excited. :happy093:

Misphit and Darkbulb like this.
  19. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

Very nice Weber's and stainless collection! :)

Darkbulb likes this.
  20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thanks!
    Eventually I'd like to add three more stainless steel razors to it.