The Haul: April 2019

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Mar 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

will try that flavor when the t and f lime runs out..very nice..

2. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

Thank you, gentlemen. I'm looking forward to enjoying many shaves with it.

3. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

It's supposed to match well with Terre d'Hermes so I have some Stirling Arkadia EDT on order

Frijolero, brit and AGHisBBS like this.
  4. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Looks good. Another simple way to remove silver tarnish is to line a bowl with aluminum foil, fill it with boiling water and add a tablespoon of baking soda. Drop in the razor and in about 15 minutes it will shine! Without the elbow grease.

Herm

Frijolero, brit, jimjo1031 and 3 others like this.
  5. Missing Lynx

Missing Lynx Well-Known Member

April has started out as a good month. First we have a nice selection of soaps.

Shave Soap.jpg

Then the mystery purchase arrived with a NOS Ever-Ready 1912 with instructions wrapped around the original blades, NOS brush hanger, and a full box of single edge blades.

Mystery Boxes.jpg

Mystery Boxes 2.jpg

And finally my Ever-Ready Streamline arrived from across the pond. I like the fact that the blade boxes tilt up, they are not seperate from the box so there is less chance of losing them.

Ever-Ready 1.jpg

Ever-Ready 2.jpg

Edit: Forgot to add that a set of Wedge blade adapters for spineless SE blades came in. Didn't photograph so I used the sellers picture. Looking forward to trying these at some point.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  6. ob1page

Wow! Excellent hauls! I'm curious about your opinion on the 1805 scent. I just received the Apsley scent and it's fantastic

Frijolero, brit, Jrdelgado and 2 others like this.
  7. Missing Lynx

Missing Lynx Well-Known Member

I have used several tubs of this cream. I like that it is a nice light sandalwood base infused with a multitude of light fragrances (cinnamon, lavender, bergamot, etc). I really have an aversion to strong odors like the AOS Sandalwood, and it is nice without being overpowering.

Frijolero, brit, Jrdelgado and 5 others like this.
  8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Later production gold MMOC with bumps. Just don't see too many of these. IMG_20190410_152547-01.jpg IMG_20190410_153014-01.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

9. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Dang either I have or just had one of these bumped variations.

Frijolero, brit, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  10. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

They're not unknown, a wild guess might be 5% of the gold MMOCs you see.It seems most consumers chose the cheaper chrome version once pricing was readjusted around 1934. Then in very late production the gold were discounted, like this set which I see advertised at giveaway price in 1938.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    AGHisBBS, Frijolero, brit and 8 others like this.
  11. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I’ll add in another vote for 1805.

For me it was a real sleeper. My first exposure to T&H had me passing over 1805 and gravitating to Grafton and Trafalgar. I knew someone who used 1805 but couldn’t figure out why. Eventually I got a steal of a deal on some and after giving it a run decided it would have a permanent spot in the rotation.

It is an excellent top drawer scent that is distinctive without being overpowering. You can comfortably wear it to a business meeting, on a date, or in a crowded theater.

AGHisBBS, Frijolero, brit and 4 others like this.
  12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Good to know. I have a chrome OC version with bumps and a gold CC with bumps.

AGHisBBS, Frijolero and Hembree like this.
  13. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Yes all the subsequent versions had the bumps.

AGHisBBS, Frijolero, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

awesome haul sir..

Hembree and Missing Lynx like this.
  15. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

A6DD536E-1E15-445F-85E2-54D1B9E93A51.jpeg Just got this awesome shave bowl from Lancaster Shave Works I won in a PIF free raffle on Facebook as well as PAA Lo Haiku shave soap in CK6 formula. I’m currently waiting on a 1953 Gillette President razor to be delivered today by UPS. The Lo Haiku smells exactly like Hai Karate.

16. Jorvaljr

That’s a cool looking bowl. Congrats on the soap. I like the PAA soaps.

AGHisBBS, brit, ob1page and 2 others like this.
  17. ob1page

My Stirling Ozark Mountain and Arkadia EDT's arrived today along with a Timeless Razor Pineapple handle. I'll be using the Arkadia tonight along with the Timeless handle and my new Truefitt and Hill Apsley set.
    [​IMG]

AGHisBBS, Frijolero, RyX and 8 others like this.
  18. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

9BAA7779-7A67-463F-9F00-2A3278CE87ED.jpeg This just came in from UPS. A second quarter 1953 Gillette President with original case, 20 ct of Gillette Blue Blades all in pristine condition! I paid about fifty bucks for this beauty after applying eBay gift card and eBay bucks. I am one very happy shaver. :)

19. Jorvaljr

Wow that’s a nice set! Congrats

20. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Angelo, I think you are lying to us. I think you have a time machine and traveled back to 1953, bought that razor and travel back to 2019. That baby is minty fresh. Congratulations! ! !
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.