The Haul: April 28th - May 4th, 2008

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Apr 28, 2008.

1. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

If he had said.....

"picked up some Velva and a new bed"

Then I would believe the correlation but its probably because Raf makes bank.
    Thats how he scores the hotties

2. jramire2

jramire2 Member

Uhm yeah, I was supposed to come home to nice big package of Hydrolast Lime products last night. Tracked the pkg and UPS.com showed it was dropped off yesterday afternoon.

Just my luck, the freakin USPS guy leaves the outgoing USPS package I had on my front doorstep and picks up the smaller UPS package behind it. wtf?

Called the USPS this morning and they're supposed to be rectifying this problem today. I know that w/all the pkgs I've got coming & going that the postman is definitely earning his pay, but this is like the 20th time I leave a pkg for them to take...and they just leave it.

He's lucky I'm not vindictive, or else I'd ship a 69.5lb pkg just to get back at him.:happy102

Me last night -->:angry021

3. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

1) Nice Klaus! Woo Hoo!

I'll have to try the Pinaud Gel.

I have the Tabac Shave Soap. +1

4. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Thanks very much, guys! Well, after I caught my breath again I went to hone the thing. It honed up easily and took the best edge I've ever seen. I don't know what all the fuss is about with how difficult these are to hone. All it takes is a 1000 synthetic japanese stone, then a 4000 synthetic japanese, then a blue belgian, then a coticule and a Thuringian for the finish, chromium oxide paste, iron oxide paste, leather - et voila. All done easily in under an hour :D

5. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow, great hauls fellas :)

Very nice pickup Klaus :cool:

Thanks Will! I will be on the lookout for it ;)

From Martin,

A great looking Ladies Blue Star Gillette DE for my wife. Thanks again Martin!! I hope she likes it :D

6. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I picked up a vintage Merkur Progress on the bay. No idea how vintage, but I am happy with it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

Great looking razor Rodd! :drool :drool Congrats!! :D

I really want to try a Progress / Mergress one of these days......

8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

2 packs of Nacet blades, which are imported from Egypt.

9. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

A couple of new things from the shave den store:

Blueberry shave soap
    Signature Scent shave soap (Bay Rum/Bergamot)
    TSD aftershave - Jasmine
    TSD aftershave - Signature Scent

IMG_3496.JPG