The Haul: April 2nd - April 8th, 2012

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, Apr 1, 2012.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

March PIF Madness has drawn to a close so there should be lots of scores being received this week! According to the March PIF List, there were 95 PIFs done for the month! Awesomeness!

Bonus points for pictures! [​IMG]

2. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

Not shave related, but these just came in. A bottle of Noodler's Zhivago ink (black/green) and a Baoer 517 fountain pen with (I think) a medium nib from Ebay. I love these pens. They have a good heft, they're easy writers, look sharp, have a great, spring-loaded clasp, and this one only cost me $5.50 delivered! This is my second one. I also have a blue one, and just ordered the sienna one.

[​IMG]

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

A wonderful Haul from Greece! :happy108:

1x Kolynos Regular sc tube
    1x Kolynos Sensitive sc tube
    1x Beau Mec sc tube
    1x Prosar Regular sc tube
    1x Electra's Secrets Lavender olive oil bath soap
    1x Electra's Secrets Cinnamon olive oil bath soap

Unfortunately I cannot show the Kolynos Sensitive and Beau Mec creams. When I lived in Thessaloniki, Greece I was using the Kolynos Regular cream - pretty darn good stuff!

Vangelis, eisai kanoni - afharisto para poli agorimou! 2795282.jpg 2795283.jpg 69.jpg 75.jpg

Smoothy, lradke, Zilla and 6 others like this.
  4. ShortStrokes

ShortStrokes Well-Known Member

Darn it. You just made me want to buy a pen and some ink. NO!

5. 5Savages

The seller's name is boli0000. It wasn't a Buy It Now, but for both pen auctions I bid on, no one bid against me. Otherwise there's a BIN for $6.50 I think.

Just in case you change your mind...

6. vegasvics

vegasvics Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Not technically a new acquisition, but I did get my 1959 Fatboy back after being replated. I didn't remember to get a before snap, but I am pretty happy with this.

7. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

I just received this Cooncat Bob Razor from an ebay seller. I have another coming from Phil Huntsinger. The metal end piece adds about a quarter inch to the length and a lot to the weight. It is pretty heavy with the wooden end piece. I can't wait to try it out, though I've gotten the Futur Fever. BBS shave with 3 passes at 1.5. BBS shave with 2 passes at 3.0.

$(KGrHqJ,!lIE9RwIs19oBP,-ufS+C!~~60_57.jpeg Cooncat Bob Razor 800X600.jpg

8. IAmTheJody

Not sure if you've figured it out yet or not but the metal knob has a magnet in it. Good for picking up blades or, in my case, letting the razor hang from the bottom of a medicine cabinet door or shelf.

Bird Lives, alpla444 and CyanideMetal like this.
  9. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Yes, when I was cleaning the razor and taking it apart I noticed the end was magnetic. I just didn't know the purpose. I thought it was to keep up with the washer. I like the idea of having my razor hang around.

10. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

My haul for the week so far: A 1912 GEM and a Schick Eversharp G6 Injectur 0402122138.jpg

11. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Pif from john.jpg
    My Pif haul from Tucco arrived today!
    The only things I knew I was getting was the GEM SE blades and V&D delux

12. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Looks great;)

Bird Lives likes this.
  13. 5Savages

A double hit today. First, the butterscotch handle I won in Moe's PIF. I'm pretty excited to get this finished. I love the looks of it. It appears to have been drilled out already, and just needs a knot and glue (or whatever is used...epoxy?). The only place I know of to get a knot is TGN. It looks like they have two choices, a Silver Tip Grade A, and a Best Badger. I have no idea which one I should pick. Currently I have a Vulfix 660S super badger.

The other two items is a 40g tube of Lea SC from Shaveabuck.com. Only $3 with free shipping. If it works well, maybe I'll use it as my travel cream some day. For that price, I had to try it. They also included a 10ml tube of Lea ASB that smells fantastic! I was surprised at the freebie, considering they spent $1.40 of the $3 just on shipping.

[​IMG]

14. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Pat: the 2 knots I hear the most about from TGN are their Finest & the ST/A. I look forward to seeing that handle finished, it's gorgeous.

15. 5Savages

Hey Brian. The two I linked to were the only 18mm knots I found on the site, so that's what I'm limited too.

16. IAmTheJody

A nice little collectable today... an original 1920s Gillette brochure from "The Jahnke Jewelry Store" in Gonzales, Texas...

I found this nice little bit of history about "The Jahnke Jewelry Store" from here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Nice! I like Bob's work and enjoyed my NEW a lot! Might have to get myself another one again...

18. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

That is really cool!

It is nothing special, I picked up 2 tubs of Proraso Green from the local Italian Centre. They had about 10 tubs left (Down from 50+ a few weeks ago); I don't know if they are making room for the new line or what, but they haven't restocked it for a while and I know it is the main seller in their bath products.

IAmTheJody and Bird Lives like this.
  19. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

20. 5Savages

Though I don't remember doing so, I apparently bid on some vintage Williams, and got the notice today that I won. Too many gin & tonics that night I guess. I paid just under $11 delivered, is that about the right price?

[​IMG].

Smoothy, theblindog, tuco99 and 3 others like this.