The Haul: April 7th - April 13th, 2008

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Apr 7, 2008.

1. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

2. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Cool! Thanks for he info! Didn't know about the '58 Toggle... This means I'm a 195 AND a '58 Toggle down... Well, I want a 195 more... I'll even throw in my F4 Toggle in a Trade ;)

Another day that hasn't been useless since I learned something new!

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Wow, that was fast! :eek:

4. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

2 mug refills of Truefitt & Hill Luxury Shaving Soap. I have never used this soap and heard so many great things about it. I decided to order the mug size refill first, to see if I like it. If so, I'll order the wooden bowl because I definitely need another wooden bowl in my shave closet. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

5. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

My Toggle is a D1, which would make it a `58.. :D

6. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Want to swap it with a grimey D4? It has a red dot! :rolleyes:

7. jramire2

jramire2 Member

Picked up a big bottle of 4711 EDC last night locally at TJ Maxx. Great stuff! It's supposed to be an edc but it works great as an aftershave. No glycerin though, for you folks that need it.

Also got my Harris Almond in wooden bowl I picked up here in the bst. Strangest almond scent I've come across, haven't shaved w/it yet though, maybe it'll changes once it's lathered up.

Also got some eshave aftershave balm, 4oz tubs (why do they put them in tubs?), white tea and cucumber.

The white tea is excellent, the cucumber will be going onto the bst though. Good scent, just not for me.

8. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

I am a huge fan of The Black Crowes and have seen around 50 live shows - give or take a few. I collect all kinds of things Crowes related....drum sticks I get at shows, guitar pics, autographs and whatnot. I might add that my wife tolerates this and the shaving obsessions with extreme tolerance. I have 7-8 framed posters at my office but I scored this beauty directly from the artist - Richard Biffle. This one was number one on my hit list along with the Halloween '05 which as of now still remains on said list. I spoke with him on the phone and asked if there were ANY available that he knew of. His friend owns a gallery and he had given him one of the very earliest he made. These are all hand pulled silk screened and extremely rare. I asked if he could possible sign the litho for me which he did in gold ink. I picked this up from the framer's shop today...my wife is gonna freak as it's right above the PC!

s~s

IMG_3463.JPG

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Very nice, S~S! :happy088

10. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

The Thayers I picked up from Whole Foods, the Pashana from ClassicShaving. The Eau de Portugal has a nice citrusy scent as opposed to the Pashana Original which has a stronger, patchouli scent. I think the Eau de Portugal will go nicely with the warmer weather.

Attached Files:

11. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

I think the AXE has my name on it Boubi... :happy102:happy102

Thanks Jeff ! I mean it your not just buying products your actually supporting the site aswell its a win-win situation a real " FEEL GOOD" buy ;)

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

The site has been good to me, Boubi, so I'm just returning the love! :D ;)

13. Padron

Padron Active Member

Great hauls fellas,

That poster looks sweet s~s :D

14. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

Judging from your screen name I would've thought you were a Warren Haynes fan !

SOULSHINE

15. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Try the Pinaud Eau de Portugal Hair Tonic if you get a chance.

16. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

Damn - that is one great song, it is absolutely one of my all time favs! Yeah - the Warren Haynes/Gov't Mule tune is where I took my screen name from years ago. I found it hard to make live bootleg trades with my true name back in '96 or '97 when I began but found great results with the name "Soulshine". It stuck and I still use it today. If traveling to a Crowes or Mule gig throughout the midwest most people actually now come up to me and use my board name even though they know my real name. :D

s~s

17. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Got few goodies in. Let's see...

Trumpers Limes Aftershave 200 ml
    Castle Forbes 1445 Aftershave Balm
    Castle Forbes The Pre-Shave
    Castle Forbes Lime Oil Shaving Cream
    Musgo Real Aftershave Balsam
    Musgo Real Shower Gel Shampoo
    Merkur Progress Razor

After much consideration, I'm trying the progress since mantic likes it so much. Gotta see for myself.

18. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

cuppa days ago........

Merkur 39C (Slant Sledgehammer)
    QED Bath soaps:
    Lindy
    Jazz and
    Ranger

19. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Nice upscale haul there Mike and the Progress is my GOTO razor. It's a little quirky on the number adjustment but you get used to it.

After 4 maybe 5? weeks of nothing, I will have something next week. I will say it's from Lee's Razors.

20. xChris

xChris Member

Got my first handmade straight razor -- a Joe Chandler in damascus.

That's all I'm gonnaa say - no pictures yet either. I will post more after I've had some time with it (heh heh). :transport035