The Haul: August 1st - August 7th, 2011

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Nice to get your birth year razor -- or at least one of the models that was made in 1973. Nice sets! And do you have any new photos of your updated Executive yet?

2. VANCE723

VANCE723 Active Member

[​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

3. VANCE723

VANCE723 Active Member

4. tristen

tristen Member

It's my brother's (and my) birthday coming up, so i bought us matching razors.

[​IMG]

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Twin razors - very cool. Same day? Are you twins? Or did it just work out that your birthdays are close together?

6. tristen

tristen Member

We're born on the same day, exactly 8 years apart. He was complaining that his weishi was too mild, so i was like "hmmm time for an upgrade"

7. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

That's pretty wild. Happy upcoming day of birth!

8. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I havent' yet. I want those to be good photos with my light box, etc. and haven't had the time for that. Been busy getting the Voskhod blade group buy blades in the mail and out to each member that bought. I hope to do it this week because I've got a few razors that I need to photograph for my collection gallery.

9. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Great vintage hauls Vance. That shave cream jar would be of interest to barber shop collectors as it features the barber poles in the paper graphic, could throw it on ebay if you wanted to see for sure. A similar jar of Noxema shaving cream featuring the barber poles is on ebay now for $50 and thats actually pretty accurate asking price.

10. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

Sweet finds Jody...I like the unusual case from Germany.
    The English version of the Knack (Slim) was my first razor in 1989,
    and I still have and use it occasionally... they were great shavers.

IAmTheJody likes this.