The Haul: August 2015

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Great wife!!! That sounds like great fun. Is it hard to control?

2. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Definitely.

macaronus likes this.
  3. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

There's a lot to do and think about all at once. like that whole pat your head, rub your belly, walk, and chew gum at the same time action.

Slow Joe and mrchick like this.
  4. rmcintyre84

A nasty Old Spice mug, a nastier Flare Tip, and a nastierer brush. But the price was better than right, and I plan on cleaning up the razor and using it for the TSD birth year/quarter Christmas giveaway. Also a full box of Blues, and a Williams shave stick case. Finally, some new blades.
    2015-08-31 11.09.03.jpg

IDuck, RaZorBurn123, Mustache and 8 others like this.
  5. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Nice mug and shave stick case. I would be happy with those. Somebody will be happy to get the Flare Tip. Nice find.

Boojum1 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  6. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Very cool!:happy069:

7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

9. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

10. rmcintyre84

11. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Very good taste:eatdrink013:

12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    My first Dram this evening will be dedicated to my fellow Shave Den members. Slàinte.

Hodge, RaZorBurn123 and Boojum1 like this.
  13. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

I've been in a helicopter once in New York. I was amazed by how smoothly it moves. It must be pretty awesome to take the controls.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  14. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

Got in my Schick G1 injector today along with my pack of 7 blades. Now I need to clean it up so I can start SEptember out correctly.

clint64, RaZorBurn123 and mrchick like this.
  15. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Salute'

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  16. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

My last items for August. Been on a trip and found the Barber poll, then remembered seeing the shave brushes at another store.

Avon bottles. The Barber poll says "AVON PROTEIN, Hair/Scalp conditioner for men" and is maybe a quarter full. The two brushes are "Wild Country Cologne". One is full and one is empty.
    [​IMG]

And my mom had found this mug WITH box for $4! No soap though.
    [​IMG]

Side note, for those that remember SKAGGS Drug Stores, the box has a SKAGGS price tag on the bottom. Unfortunately, the price has been scratched off.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    Slow Joe, clint64, IDuck and 7 others like this.
  17. mrchick

My new knot is here and will get glued in tonight
    [​IMG]

18. BBBill

BBBill Active Member

Ok, this REALLY is my LAST haul for August.
    I found this 1964 Gillette Slim at a "bargain fair" on Sunday... it looked so bad that I didn't think it was worth taking a before picture because I was almost positive there wouldn't be an after. :sick002:
    It looked like quite a bit of rusty looking corrosion on the head, stuck adjuster ring and missing plating under yellowish discoloration at the base of the TTO knob... guess I was wrong! :happy036:

IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg

Best part was the jar of honey I bought from a different vendor cost almost 3 times as much as this razor... I hope it is really good honey! :rofl:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    clint64, macaronus, mrchick and 5 others like this.
  19. mrchick

It's amazing how few people make any attempt to clean them or pull the old rusty blades out before selling them. I have got some great deals that way.

clint64, BBBill and Mustache like this.
  20. BBBill

BBBill Active Member

If they all turn out this good I'm fine with people not cleaning stuff up and selling it dirt cheap, their loss is my gain! I actually passed on it the first trip around the flea market, on my second trip around I figured if it was still there I'd grab it for fun and cleaning practice.

Mustache, clint64 and mrchick like this.