The Haul: August 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Well I knew it needed a new needle and a foot repair (very easy on both accounts). I purposely purchased a solid state (no tubes), due that it would be extremely easy to get parts. I removed 4 screws and looked inside and am pleased to say this thing is built like a tank and very serviceable! It had lost a spring that resembles one from a cheap flash light for the foot (easy fix). As for the mesh (on both sides), I'd probably say they're for mainly for the sound; to use it as a sound box and amplify the 6x9 inch speaker. These record players were made by the thousands from the 30's and 40's up to the 80's and 90's for use in schools, government, overseas work, and military. They came from a variety of manufacturers ... Newcomb, Califone, Voice of Music, Audiotronics, Hamilton and others to be sure. These were built tough to take the abuse of bouncing in the back of a Willy to a classroom of five year olds. I figure it's a good way to see if my son (or I) want to invest in a little more serious turntable equipment in the future. :happy108:

2. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

From straightrazordesigns:
    IMG_20180830_123817.jpg

And from ebay:
    IMG_20180830_124045.jpg IMG_20180830_124113.jpg IMG_20180830_124142-01.jpeg

brit, Jayaruh, TestDepth and 9 others like this.
  3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

In from a soap trade. MLSW The Drunken Goat and Pantie Dropper.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

brit, Jayaruh, TestDepth and 9 others like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Nice haul! Does Mrs @Linuxguile let you out of the house with the Drakkar Noir on?

5. Linuxguile

I've never worn Drakkar Noir before. I'll have to see what she thinks of the scent and perhaps a fragrance purchase will be in my future! ;)

AGHisBBS, TestDepth, Enrico and 5 others like this.
  6. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Lol it’s not that great of a scent.. panty dropper it ain’t.. more like shoe untying .. but it gets a man closer.. hahaha

gorgo2, AGHisBBS, TestDepth and 4 others like this.
  7. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I found some nice books today for $1.95 each.I'm a big fan of this author and will enjoy reading them. I may have read them in the past but I don't remember so it's all good. Nice to take a break from the kindle. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

SHAVEWIZARD420, brit, Jayaruh and 9 others like this.
  8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I also have Kindle, but reading from a real book is just more pleasurable. Especially with a good drink and cigar...............

9. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

True that.....

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I recall liking it a lot. That was then, I suppose. But what do ladies say today...."Ahhhh, smells real good, but it ain't Creed".?

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Pantie Dropper-it might as well be called "HINT, HINT"

12. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

From a local antique mall. An injectomatic, and a Durham Duplex with three packs of blades that don't fit it. I scoured the area hoping there might be a Gem nearby, but no joy.
    IMG_20180831_134626.jpg

SHAVEWIZARD420, gorgo2, brit and 8 others like this.
  13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Durham duplex make great handles!

14. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

You don't find the handle to be a wee bit short?

Frijolero, jimjo1031 and Enrico like this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Actually they're 78mm long, making them 2-3 mm longer than most Gillette handles and being solid brass they're a nice substancial weight. I initially thought it would feel too short, but I use one regularly on a modern Gillette Tech head (I think made in India) and its very nice,

AGHisBBS, gorgo2, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  16. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

20180831_182713-1512x1406.jpg 20180831_182654-1512x1545.jpg

Got this off eBay pretty cheap. Which is good. First all metal single edge.

AGHisBBS, gorgo2, brit and 8 others like this.
  17. Linuxguile

18. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

Thanks! I have a featherweight which will now be PIF'd for someone else to join in!!

19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Once again not shave related ...
    wurlitzer-stereo-open-2.jpg
    Not my picture, but very close; mine has louvers like shutters instead of cloth over the speakers

It's a Wurlitzer console stereo from the original owner. Originally purchased in 64, but still work nicely. The record player work great though the contacts in the stereo are touchy. The best part it was FREE! :happy093:

Boy was it HEAVY!

20. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I forget the way styles used to work. If you have the louvers, does that make yours the Colonial style rather than the Mediterranean?

Edison Carter and brit like this.