The Haul: August 2019

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Missing from my Fatip lineup was the good old Mk2 head. Check. Matching Weber handles on the Mk1 and Mk2 for testing purposes.

And an ATT stand for the Stahly .[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Linuxguile, BigD, TestDepth and 9 others like this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

If you want to sell that handle I have a Probak head that is missing a handle. That happens to be the correct handle for a Probak. Pm me if you are interested.

RyX, brit and Hembree like this.
  3. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Shaved with the Fatip v2 razor this morning. Smooth comfortable efficient shave. I like your collection.

4. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I presume the Mk2 will be very very close to the Schone as the only difference AFAIK is the teeth.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

5. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Great looking group!

RyX, jmudrick, brit and 1 other person like this.
  6. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Looks like it. Complete razor was like $20 US two years ago. The teeth are hard to clean, for me.

brit likes this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

a post war tech cap will work if you want to shave with it in all nickel..i use a 46-50 gold tech cap on my gold reissue new sc.shaves well..

RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I remember you mentioning something like that recently. I looked, no spare caps, only complete razors. My Pre-War Tech fits fine, but I don't want to break up any sets. Guess it's time to start looking for cheap razors.

RyX and brit like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

:)

RyX likes this.
  10. mayer57619

mayer57619 Well-Known Member

My antique store haul:
    Gillette Super Adjustable date O1
    2 old type heads and 1 handle...one head has a nice etching
    Auto strop case
    Small Fuller brush
    2 scuttles with the rectangle one really neat, and I can find no information on it so any he is appreciated

Best is that it was all gotten for $30[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BigD, Edison Carter, brit and 7 others like this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Finally received my Schick injector Adjustable M3 model, forgot it was coming from Thailand. I guess they like Schick injectors over there also. My understanding is that Asians really enjoy Schick injector razors still- maybe more than North Americans.
    [​IMG]
    It is cleaned and ready for action in the coming weeks.
    Have some great shaves!

12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Finally after around six years in this town, I actually found something shave related in a thrift store. A never used Barbershop hanging mirror, mug and brush. Along with a Y4 Super Speed in very good condition.............

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

13. Jrdelgado

Great find!

brit, jimjo1031 and RyX like this.
  14. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Picked up another Schick repeater, this one is the C1 open comb version. Repeating loader works and it is ready for shave use.

C1.jpg

Linuxguile, brit, John Beeman and 7 others like this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

Those are good blade holders. I used mine recently. Several have made appearances in The 30 Day thread - Adjustable August theme. Yours is already set on MAX so it's ready to go!

brit, jimjo1031, Ron R and 1 other person like this.
  16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Not sure about Max yet, I have SChick's, Personna coated and Twin II injector blades. Wide open works well with the Schick Twin II blades from my understanding.

brit, jimjo1031 and RyX like this.
  17. RyX

RyX DoH!

Someone with a better memory that me, or notes can confirm - The Twin blades are good for Type H & later, except Hydro-Magics I haven't tried them in an M Adjustable yet.

brit, Ron R and jimjo1031 like this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

From what I have read the Twins work in L up properly and of course some brave soles have stuffed them in lower lettered series with some success and total failures. I have a twin II in my L Stick Schick and it works very well IMO and at 21 shaves there is still good life left in the blade. I pick the L up every once in a while to add another shave 21+ with the twin II blade and it still gives a CCS,DFS,BBS range.
    Have some great shaves!

RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  19. Jrdelgado

These came in today. Can’t wait to get the deluxe clean and shaving. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigD, RyX, TestDepth and 6 others like this.
  20. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

One thing I learned today...
    IF an Allergist ask you if needles bother you, there's a reason!:eek:
    Luckily, needles don't bother me.:)
    Even if needles aren't a problem, after a few dozen pokes, it can get irritating, I was calm and cool about it all.
    So after my pin cushion imitation at the docs, I stopped at an antiques store to clear the head some, let the back and arms recover.

Anyway...
    RAD kicked in, I felt much better after a rest and a razor acquisition, or two.

20190830_202225.jpg

No! I don't need another red tip, slim or super speed.
    But when the price is right.
    Well you know....
    Need some more cleaning up, but they are ready to use.

tp

BigD, RyX, jgreenepa and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.