The Haul: August 2019

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I contacted a gentleman from Craigslist that had some knife for sale (back in 5/2018) to see if he still had them for sale. He was happy to hear from me and sold me the remains of his stock.
    IMG_1434-2.JPG
    My son only wanted the Super Tinker to replace one he broke the tip off (hungry paper shredder). :rolleyes005:

Hey @ordinaryshaver and @RyX a few of the remaining may jump in the 2019 Traveling Box Tour ;)

:eatdrink013:

BigD, PanChango, jtspartan and 10 others like this.
  2. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

After your post I looked into them. I like there Marketing methods and what they stand for. Watched a few Kensurfs video reviews. I’m Sold on them. Thank you for the Heads up. I purchased 2 soaps Also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Some nice ones there.

Linuxguile, Jrdelgado, RyX and 2 others like this.
  4. jimjo1031

Some items from @Jrdelgado arrived today. An older Gem case, which I will work on, and a Cased '46-'47 Aristocrat. According to @mr-razor's site, the outside style of the case is for an early '46-'47, while the red interior is for a later '46-'47. Gillette must've been using up older interiors, so a transition model case I'm guessing. So I'll just be calling it a '47 Aristocrat. One end cap is missing, and the other is partially off, and I'll just remove it and clean up the ends. Also a bag full of various caliber rifle brass (not pictured) that could come in handy for handles, and who knows what else...........

20190803_145944.jpg

BigD, jtspartan, Primotenore and 12 others like this.
  5. The-Pipe-Smoker

The-Pipe-Smoker Well-Known Member

A big smile from me...
    Patrick, Switzerland

Jrdelgado, Enrico and RyX like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

hello Jim..i have a 46-7 crat thats missing the end caps..how are you cleaning the ends up? does it remove the gold plating? cheers..

Jrdelgado, Enrico, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  7. jimjo1031

When I cleaned up the solder on the end with the missing end cap, the nickel was showing. I used a pretty worn out fine sanding sponge and hardly used any pressure. I could remove the nickel to bare brass and keep it polished to blend into the gold plate, but I'm not sure yet.

dmshaver, Jrdelgado, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

ok sir ..will follow along,..

Jrdelgado, Enrico and jimjo1031 like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Very cool. My 8 year old twin grand daughters aren't quite ready for their own pocket knives yet. They have started lobbying their mother for permission to posses. I showed the post to my daughter. "Oooo, I like the key shaped one". :happy088:

TestDepth, jimjo1031, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  10. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

The two Gerber folders are good every day knives. Hold a decent edge but do need to be sharpened on a regular basis.
    I do like the two small red Swiss army knives at the bottom, the single blade ones, I had one years ago, but lost it.
    Good looking lot!

RyX, Enrico, jimjo1031 and 1 other person like this.
  11. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

I’ve got this coming. I’m more into synthetics and badgers these days while my boars sit on the shelf.

Attached Files:

jtspartan, dmshaver, Jorvaljr and 8 others like this.
  12. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

I have that brush myself; it’s an awesome synthetic brush that has good backbone while still remaining soft.

13. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Thanks, that’s good to hear.

Angelo85, brit and cliffb599 like this.
  14. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Picked up an Old Spice mug for $8 in an antique store the other day.

It was filled with political pins that were also for sale but I was only interested in the mug.

It's a Hull Pottery 03 with a little smudge in the ship name but overall in very good shape for it's age.

003.JPG

15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Very nice!

RyX, John Beeman and brit like this.
  16. cliffb599

Awesome Find.

17. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Nice find!

18. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

3C08CFA9-462F-42D9-B235-3D4CCCE2CC97.jpeg Monday mail call. Today I got a 7 oz jar of Sē'bum Gold shave soap. After trying out the Green version of their soaps in the ECWS pass around I decided to invest in their gold version of their shave soap. I may save this as a birthday gift for myself in December. My birthday shave is going to be epic!

19. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

RyX, jluc and Angelo85 like this.
  20. cliffb599

Talk About Fast Service Ordered Saturday got it today.
    Victory Shaving Co. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Navigator on Deck Tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.