The Haul: August 2019

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Wow. Nice!

Hembree, brit and Angelo85 like this.
  2. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Hembree and brit like this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Some nice things arrived today. A Gem MMCC with the dot on the top cover. There is no plating on the neck of the handle, and it was peeling off the raised areas of the handle. So I just removed what was there on the "ribs", and now it's a two tone brass/chrome handle. Maybe a bit hard to see in the picture. On top, a complete Schick C2 with factory blades. Just needs some more careful cleaning so not to remove the gold plating. A Schick E with broken handle, maybe make a travel sized razor (bullet case handle?) out of it and case. A Gillette OC with these words engraved on top: "EL TIEMPO" DE BOGOTA A SUS LECTORES. Did Google translate and came up with: The Time Of Bogota To It's Readers. And a birth year/quarter C4 Flair Tip. Don't really need it, so we'll see.............
    EDIT: Sorry folks, meant Gem Bullet Tip.
    20190814_170313.jpg

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    BigD, jtspartan, Primotenore and 12 others like this.
  4. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

That would be the Seeing Eye version of the Flying Wing aka Bullet Tip rather than MMOC.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hembree, RyX and brit like this.
  5. jimjo1031

Sorry, my mistake, I was in a hurry. I did mean to say Bullet Tip and I knew about the Seeing Eye, but couldn't remember it's name, thanks.

Hembree, RyX, brit and 1 other person like this.
  6. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I know you knew :) . Deplated Micromatics should work out just fine.

Hembree, brit and jimjo1031 like this.
  7. jimjo1031

I read somewhere that some of these early Schicks had problems loading blades, I think. I just tried mine with the original blades, and it worked fine. Has any one ever tried shaving with these old blades? Just wondering............

8. jimjo1031

The head is fine and it kind of looks pretty good with a brass and chrome handle. Will clean it up better and give it a good polish.

9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Sure I've tried. It's unlikely to be a pleasant experience. My advice is load a Proline blade one at a time.

10. jimjo1031

Yeah, I wouldn't try them either. I have Personna PTFE blades that I use in my other injector razors. When I run low, I will get some of the Prolines as I've heard good things about those blades.

Hembree, brit and jmudrick like this.
  11. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I will be anxious to hear your thoughts after you give it a run.
    I wanted one for a long time and was surprised at how light it turned out to be. I should have guessed looking at pictures but I didn’t.

12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/injector-se-party.23113/page-1328

Quick write up there. Yeah the razor almost feels like you are shaving with a kids toy or something like a spoon the way it feels in the hand. You should be able to weight it though with something like tungsten putty in the inside of the handle.

Hembree, John Beeman and brit like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

nice score sir..

Hembree and jimjo1031 like this.
  14. jimjo1031

Thanks Gary. If I put up what I paid for the lot, I might not be believed.

Hembree, RyX and brit like this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

If you do, you'll have people like myself that would gladly do a trade or sale for one.

:eatdrink013:

16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I thought that was a really nice restore when I first saw it. If they could make be a Rubberset 505, I'd be all over it.

f69aba660834b08564fe275b665b4b36.jpg 131970734303_1.jpg

:eatdrink013:

BigD, Edison Carter, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  17. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I am trying to get away from collecting injectors or paying high prices for them but in this case that rational doesn't apply. It is like buying a rookie baseball card for hall of fame player in limited edition set is the way I look it from a purchase standpoint.

Hembree, brit, RyX and 2 others like this.
  18. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Hembree, brit and John Beeman like this.
  19. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

O.K.....................I don't know why but I could not resist this lot. It is on the way in. There is a Stahly top plate and base plate in the lot which I had been on my radar for a while. I matched up about 5 other base plates and top plates off of the bat. There is also a Phoenix Prismatic head in the lot as well and a two Rockwell bottom plates and a Rockwell top plate.

[​IMG]

BigD, jtspartan, Primotenore and 11 others like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

Received some gear in a trade with a fine member of TSD. I'm not a "collector" in the classical definition. Didn't know the OC 3pc cap and base plate was special until someone named it a 1934 Gillette Deluxe Red & Black. Now I have the 85 year old set coming together with this case. The razors were gold washed, but mine had a fresh nickle plating. I'm OK with that!
    Trade with J.D. Jrdalgado at TSD.gif
    Along with the case came a beautiful Long Comb & bar handle, a nearly full tub of Sapone Di Paulo Arancione (straight up sweet orange EO) , some DE blades that are either ones I like or others I haven't tried, and a sample of Crabtree & Evelyn Lime SC.

BigD, jtspartan, Primotenore and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.