The Haul: December 19th - December 25th, 2011

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, Dec 19, 2011.

1. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

lol, ;)

I have one for my R-41 and one for my 89L and I'm tempted to mess with one of them and see.....I'm going to get a BRW Bull Mastiff soon for the R-41 so I think I may go ahead and take the chance. It's not like I can use them both at the same time.....

2. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Well, it got here today. This is the German made product and I like the way it smells.

3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Just don't mix up the shave creme and the salad dressing....Some salad dressings are very hard to lather....lol....

scott wein and Shawna like this.
  4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

HEY DEN-MATES.....It looks like the SUPER BOWL PARTY is at Jody's this year....with that set it will be better than being there...
    Jody, do we need to RSVP or is a PM adequate ? And should we bring a bottle and food; or blades and creams....lol

battle.munky, wyatt46 and IAmTheJody like this.
  5. vegasvics

vegasvics Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I spread the holiday joy between ShoeBox, RB&M, WCS, and QCS (The Vostok is indeed FREEZING)

Clockwise from bottom left:
    • 5 x10 Polsilver Blades
    • Vostok Shaving Cream
    • RazorRock Shave Gel
    • Merkur Futur
    • RazoRock XXX Cream
    • Feather Kanwa Shave Gel and ASB
    • PREP ASB
    • PREP Pre-Shave
    • PREP Shave Cream
    • Dr. Selby Shave Crean
    • GFT Rose Shave Cream
    • Edwin Jagger Shave Cream
    • Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn AS
    • GFT Coral Skin Food

6. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Rudy Vey Restores, he's "Master Rudy" to me now. I sent him all of the vintage brushes I've accumulated over the years. He guided me on which ones were worth restoring (less than half) and which knots were possible. I cannot be happier with the outcome. Here's the pic.

brush.jpg

7. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

This soap smells amazing! I'm going to use it tonight and cannot wait.

uploadfromtaptalk1324680893123.jpg

scott wein, tuco99, alpla444 and 7 others like this.
  8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Danny, that red and white marble handle is absolutely wonderful!

scott wein, alpla444 and Dslazar9 like this.
  9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Nothing fancy, but the very fact that I could buy this in a local brick and mortar store was a nice change of pace!

Haul 12-23-2011 smaller.jpg

scott wein, tuco99, Johnny and 7 others like this.
  10. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Thanks! Flea market special from my forever antique shopping wife.

scott wein and GDCarrington like this.
  11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

She did well on that one!

scott wein likes this.
  12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Early arrival of this Big Fellow made my day. Never thought I'd be happy with an uncased BF -- especially considering the classy nature of their native wooden cases. But this hefty beast is a wonderful addition on its own. 1921 and in such excellent condition.

[​IMG]
    Silver plating holds up pretty well. And the baking soda/aluminum foil bath brought out its natural shine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Quite a hefty razor -- and it's held up incredibly well!

13. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

Had an early christmas with the wife......I really wanna bust out in song......On the first day of christmas my true love gave to me....OOOOOOOOONE ....DAMN FINE HAUL!!!!

noir mens body lotion from Bath and bodyworks
    CO BIGELOW barber body lotion
    Col. Conk Chrome shave bowl
    baxter of california ASB
    Col. Conk Amber soap
    Col. Conk Almond soap
    TOOBS Rose shave cream
    yacht Man cologne
    Marvy shave brush
    Col.conk badger brush with beechwood handle
    Matching beech wood soap dishes
    Brut AS
    barbasol brisk AS
    And a french press coffee maker

Sorry again about the crappy pic....this ipad camera is absolutely horrible....but its better than no pic lol....im one happy camper right now....the only thing not pictured is my new ej89

[​IMG]

scott wein, tuco99, Johnny and 7 others like this.
  14. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

As I'm starting to use soaps much more I'd love to find some wood bowls like that for $5! Well done sir!

scott wein and battle.munky like this.
  15. ocharlas

ocharlas Well-Known Member

I was at Marshall's doing some holiday shopping and there are some really cool shave items there at great prices (I'm guessing all Marshalls, but this specific one was in Danbury, Ct.). Caswell Massey 1752 for $8, some cool looking Kyoku sake-infused shave cream for $12 (turns out it's $35 normally), and the item I just wasn't strong enough to pass on, E-Shave brushes in fine badger. I've never tried any of the E-shave stuff before, but these brushes are so easy on the eyes. At $40 I grabbed one for me and one for my brother. Here's mine, the handle is interesting in that it looks like a translucent olive from most angles, but backlit directly it turns out it's more of a translucent amber. Either way I love the way it looks, very graceful design. Here it is backlit, pre bloom:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Post bloom

[​IMG]

So good looking. Unfortunately just shy of being a great brush. For being pure badger, the tips are really soft. In fact, they're as soft as, if not a little softer, than my EJ best badger. Where it loses points for me though is in the lack of backbone. It lathers fine, in fact it lathers really well, but when it comes time to apply said lather the knot actually reminds me a bit of the Shea Moisture brush: it feels floppy and sprays foam everywhere. It's also not quite as good at dispensing lather as it is at creating it, and I found a good amount of lather staying in the knot, not going in my face. I got a good coat, but whereas my TGN Silvertip, EJ, and Simpson Case can all hold at least three passes worth of lather in them, the E-shave feels like I'd have to reload every pass or two (I didn't actually shave, just lathered up once). Much like the Shea Moisture brush, which I never seem to get more than one pass worth of lather out of.

Still...she is a thing of beauty.

"Her eyes were something azure, you know?

Honey-blonde hair. Her body.

Her legs...went on for days."

wyatt46, Bird Lives, tuco99 and 4 others like this.
  16. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

This arrived today and I don't know where to start. Any recommendations? And I must say, if these folks give this kind of service on every order, I will be a new customer. I ordered this on the 22nd and it arrived this morning the 24th.

T&H.jpg

wyatt46, scott wein, tuco99 and 3 others like this.
  17. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Got a new brush for christmas from the GF, Omega 6639, Pure badger (not silver tip but very nice) and bigger than I thought it was gonna be:), will post pics tomorrow (in poland they exchange gifts on christmas eve)

18. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

:happy093:

I received this in the mail today!

TShirt.jpg

An Eskimo Joe's t-shirt!! I haven't had one in years, can't wait to get it broke in. My niece sent it for Christmas, it sure was nice of her to think about me.

Have a great day!

19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well in the summertime, Stillwater is hot enough to melt both Joe and his dog...and the rest of us too! ;)

Shawna likes this.
  20. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Worked out a trade with a friend and a real nice looking 2 piece Barbasol razor was delivered today.

No natural light for a photograph today. I will see if I have time tomorrow.

scott wein, Johnny and GDCarrington like this.