The Haul: December 19th - December 25th, 2011

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, Dec 19, 2011.

1. scott wein

scott wein Well-Known Member

Merry Xmas and Happy Hannukah and I hope u all are enjoying your haul.

This week I picked up and have in hand:

Cella Soap
    Merkur 37C Slant
    MWF Bath Bar
    I also forgot to order my Gillette Blues and Yellows so need to call Gary and order more and surely will wind up buying something else also
    Thanx Gary at Shoe Box

TSD Lavender Milk Sample
    TSD ISZ Milk Sample
    TSD Bourbon Vanilla full size Milk
    TSD Lavender Wheat Cream

Awaiting the return of our Queen.

Enjoy everyone.

2. scott wein

scott wein Well-Known Member

That is way way cool for you.

Latherman87 likes this.
  3. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

My loving wife gave me money for Christmas. Some people would see that as sarcasm, but instead I'm genuinely glad she left it at that - I immediately hit up ItalianBarber and ordered some stuff:

-Tube of EJ Sea Buckthorn
    -Rapira, Shark, Croma Diamant, Lord Platinum, Bolzano Superinox and Astra blades (About 90 between the brands)
    -EJ DE87

I have a feeling it may be a bribe so she can get her mitts on my Merkur, but I don't mind, if she wants to switch to DE I'm more than happy to oblige too! I'll fire some pics up as soon as it arrives!

4. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1030836(1).JPG P1030835(1).JPG P1030834(1).JPG

My christmas present from the GF, the omega boar is just for size comparison. really big badger brush:), i will wait untill the 29th to use it in my scuttle (thats when I get home) as I have already shaved today, The handle has some heft to it very nice wait its a 6639 model

5. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Dean I think its a 6239 which is a 26mm knot; either way that handle is like a vintage Plisson...

scott wein likes this.
  6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Wow Danny ....you've got quite the 'Chorus Line' there...The 'Shavettes' appearing daily at Danny's....LOL!! You've got some real beauties there....I can't think of any reason I would kick any of those lovelys out of my Shave-Cave....lol

GDCarrington and scott wein like this.
  7. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Yes you are correct on model number Mis-typing from me:), its like a marble effect on the handle very nice

Sodapopjones and scott wein like this.
  8. Bird Lives

Man...the mountain of lather that monster can produce....besure to tie a string around your wrist and the other end to the door-knob so you don't get lost, in case of lather over-load...lol...I have this vision (like a Chaplin movie) of your bathroom door bursting open and your sliding out in a sea of lather.....ha,ha,ha

battle.munky and scott wein like this.
  9. Bird Lives

You got that right...She has those 'Jessica Rabbit' Curves.....;)

10. Bird Lives

A treasure....Full Review Worthy.....:)

scott wein likes this.
  11. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Hahaha-do you know anybody who could play some sultry jazz in the background while they dance?

GDCarrington and Bird Lives like this.
  12. Bird Lives

If the players could spend a little quality lather time with that 'Chorus-Line'.. :drool: ..I don't think that would be a problem...Whew, is it just me, or is it getting hot in here...:happy102:

GDCarrington likes this.
  13. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Thanks Alp, it is every thing that I wanted and am enjoying it every morning so far. The lathering bowl depth is perfect with the width and not quite as deep so I do not bang fingers and brush handle when making lather, just as I wanted.

scott wein and alpla444 like this.
  14. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Well my Christmas haul is small but amazing! From my parents I got a Simpsons Colonel in best badger. I knew it was coming but I didn't realize it would be as amazing at it is! I used it this morning and absolutely loved it!

Here are some shots pre bloom.
    uploadfromtaptalk1324832024524.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324832053754.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324832069113.jpg

Here are some post bloom. It sure did bloom nice!:)
    uploadfromtaptalk1324832136233.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324832157778.jpg

15. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Here is a small sampling of some Christmas goodies.

Starbuck's Christmas Beans, homemade scarf, blade bank, GFT and GFT Limes.

Photo1116.jpg

16. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

As long as they engage in "safe lathering" I think it's a fair deal. Turn on the AC:happy108:

GDCarrington and scott wein like this.
  17. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

So along with my other loot....today I got a Merkur 34c...and a tube of TOOBS lemon lime shave cream

18. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

From my wonderful wife! My initials are engraved on the front. "Always & Forever" is engraved on the blade. We had that song played at our wedding and it is something I write on every note and card I give her. 30 years this coming April! She's the best!

Attached Files:

19. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

Very cool!!!! I can only imagine how its gonna be when me and my wife are 30 years down the line....only 24 and been married comin up on 2 years in july so we got a ways to go but I can only hope I can say we have been married 30 years some day!

swarden43 and SharpSpine like this.
  20. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Ive had one of those razor's Steve, very nice, and a fantastic gift,:)

swarden43 likes this.