The Haul: December 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Nov 30, 2017.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

the Battle.jpg

PanChango, Jim99, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  2. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

I'm right there with you. It went from being completely uninteresting to one of my favorite brushes. It will hurt to sell it but it will just inspire me to find another.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

sdguero, Douglas Carey and Jorvaljr like this.
  3. nikonNUT

nikonNUT Well-Known Member

Douglas Carey and RyX like this.
  4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good job.

Stu929 likes this.
  5. Olie29

Olie29 Well-Known Member

9852B722-248B-460D-A416-8F100D8D7D5D.jpeg Today’s new arrivals in the den !!

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Top shelf software! I'm guessing you don't use Arko or Williams often?

7. Olie29

Olie29 Well-Known Member

Haha I’ve never tried arko I ordered some Williams but quickly moved it on, I think the Palmolive stick is good stuff tho. I do like to use the higher end stuff but for good reason I have acne and it makes shaving a lot more comfortable for me if the soap has excellent slickness.

8. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

A full bottle of Roman Brio Leather (which smells very much like English Leather). $13 delivered.

IMG_6312.JPG

9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Nice catch! :D

Spyder and John Beeman like this.
  10. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Jonathan Crookes and Son, and an Imperial Razor Co Warranted Razor. The Crookes is in nice shape and should just need a hone. The Imperial will be my mule to learn honing and scale replacement on![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

11. RyX

RyX DoH!

Arko has a fan base, as does Modern Williams. Much like The Veg, the scent of Arko is polarizing but it does lather. Can't say the same for the latest version of Williams though some shavers like a challenge. Vintage Williams is much better. I have tried a small sample of Palmolive and found it acceptable.
    Please don't think I'm giving you a hard time, Sir!
    Life's too short to shave with mediocre soap.
    ;)

jimjo1031, AGHisBBS, sdguero and 6 others like this.
  12. Olie29

Olie29 Well-Known Member

@RyX Yeh that’s what I thought of the new Williams I tried , it dissipated and had zero slickness which made for a painful shave on my skin type, whereas the the Palmolive did have some slickness ! Nah didn’t think you were giving me a hard time at all, in general I’m one for the brand names, so as you can imagine it’s all the luxury shaving gear i go for no excuse for that it’s purely aesthetics but the soaps are different I have a good excuse for that lol, on the other hand I wouldn’t put down some of the inexpensive products as I know many people get on just fine with them and get as much enjoyment as I do from some of the higher end stuff

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  13. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spyder likes this.
  14. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Surprise gift in the mailbox today. Thank you @Douglas Carey for the Oleo Soapworks El Caballero.
    BB0EAB2F-8420-486F-9F9A-BD533D07CE93.jpeg

15. Razorhound

Razorhound Active Member

Linuxguile, sdguero, Spyder and 3 others like this.
  16. Razorhound

Razorhound Active Member

Good friend in Midland TX sent three Christmas packages that arrived today. He called tonight and insisted I open any one that I chose. I dont like my routines disturbed much and Christmas is some days away......I know he always sends shave goodies and I had a box open before any one changed their mind. :angelic007:

Equinox shavette, Colonel Conk Lime and Whipped Dog Silver tip badger....Dont know if I can wait to open the other two now....This was the smaller of the three boxes. Damn Fine Shave Brother indeed. DSCF0145.jpg john.jpg

17. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

A big shout out and thanks to @Douglas Carey! I received a puck of Oleo Soapworks El Caballero shave soap from Doug today. It smells fantastic. The website describes the scent as "a bridge between Bay Rum and gentleman's cologne. Scent notes are bergamot, basil leaf, musk, oak moss, white patchouli, amber and bay rum."

Thank you, Doug! It's on deck for Tuesday morning's shave. :happy088:

[​IMG]

18. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I've had the pleasure of using another one of my surprise Christmas presents from my friend Adam @Drygulch! He sent me a container of Jeeves of Hudson Street Private Study shave soap earlier this month, and it is one of the newest decadent additions to my Shave Den. From the website: "Our Private Study Tallow Soap will make you feel like you are sailing on the seven sea's. A classic bay rum scent made with West Indie bay, sweet orange, rum, spices and just a touch of patchouli and vanilla."

I didn't have any bay rum soaps, so this filled a void in my rotation. It pairs nicely with my Captain's Choice Bay Rum aftershave. The scent is great, and the performance is top notch. It produces a very slick and luxurious lather.

Adam, a big shout out and thanks to you, my friend.

[​IMG]

19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

sdguero, RyX, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  20. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

This soap was a very generous gift from Douglas Carey and boy do I like it. Wonderful stuff!
    [​IMG]