The Haul: December 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Nov 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

So, you got it printed on the cup from walmart??
    tp

cliffb599, brit and RyX like this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Arrived today from @Jrdelgado, a Gillette Gold Tech case and a Gem case to re-line for him. Also a cased Gem Junior that he gave me and needs re-lining also.

jdcases.jpg

AGHisBBS, Hembree, dmshaver and 12 others like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Warning Not Shaving Related .... :shocked003:

JVC XL-v333 Compact Disc player 1988

$_86-2.JPG

A Craigs List special with 13 discs from 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's; all for $35 ... I'm very happy! :happy108:

4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Looks great!

PLAla likes this.
  5. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

:thanks:

PLAla likes this.
  6. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Looks like one I had years ago. Miss that CD player. I have a DVD player hooked up to my receiver for CDs at the moment. Not the best.

Enrico and brit like this.
  7. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

A final razor for the year and a bit of a Grail Razor for me, an Open Comb Tech:
    IMG_0369.jpg IMG_0366.jpg

OC Techs are something of an odd duck, manufactured in England for select Eurpopean markets. This particular one appears to be based on the last-generation Tech and was sold under the Nacet brand. These don't seem to show up on the 'Bay very often and, when they do, are usually listed at prices far above what a comparable regular Tech would demand. This one was comparatively inexpensive, possibly due to its rougher condition (note the pebbled plating on the cap). This version, however, still seems to be more common than the version based on the post-War Tech.

8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy096: :signs154: I've been looking for one as well.

brit likes this.
  9. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Looks cool. The cap design is cool too. Worst case if the cap goes bad just switch out the cap with another tech. The base looks good and so does the handle. Is the handle aluminum ? I like the brass version of the handle.

brit likes this.
  10. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Definitely, aluminium.

Jorvaljr and brit like this.
  11. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Beautiful set, a Henso (Henkels) pocket razor with Matador handle for everyday use. All minty looking. Head resembles the Fatip in geometry which is good by me. The tiny leather case is even nicely padded. Nice New Year's shave on deck.

[​IMG]

12. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Nice looking razor!

brit, jmudrick and dmshaver like this.
  13. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

NOS 1946 Clog-Pruf (still has the paper insert in the head) and full compliment of blades. No instructions unfortunately.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  14. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Well, my parcel from my Secret Santa finally arrived in the mail this afternoon just in time for New Year's! A big thank you to Canada Post and its fall/winter rotating strike... But the parcel was well worth the wait!

IMG_20190101_004633_kindlephoto-1291257135.jpg

A vintage Trusteel SR for when I decide to dip my toe in the Dark Side again; a modern TTO just because; three brands of blades to fuel the TTO -- two I haven't tried and I do have one sample tuck of Feathers but haven't tried them either yet; an Omega synthetic brush; a sample of the new B+M Reserve scent, Waves; a full tub of the B+M new scent, Tuesday (at least, Waves and Tuesday are new news to me anyway); a fountain pen (and it's my preferred Fine point too!); and a sticker, pin and patch from The Holy Black company just to round things off. Great haul!

Thank you, Secret Santa! I will lather up for a Santa shave tomorrow to start the new year off with a bang!

15. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Red Ring Eclipse after clean up. Received it before the new year so it slides into this thread just under the wire.
    rre1.jpg rre2.jpg

AGHisBBS, Frijolero, brit and 3 others like this.
  16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

It sure is a beauty! Have you shaved with it? Give us a review.

brit likes this.
  17. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Not yet but it is a high mileage razor. It doesn't click when it adjusts anymore, it is missing the magnet and has a crack in the handle which I stabilized using Loctite plumber adhesive.

brit, RyX and Enrico like this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

brit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.