The Haul: December 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Nov 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

The white one looks to be an I1 and the black one is an L1.

2. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Hey! OK now!
    Thanks alot!!
    Encyclopedia Razor.:thanks:

You guys are great!
    I tried to look it up, but got different inormation on them.
    :happy088::happy088:
    tp

Paul76, brit, Jorvaljr and 2 others like this.
  3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

That is a nice cross section of razors especially if you haven't shaved with any of them before.

Droo78, brit and Jorvaljr like this.
  4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

1904 either way that is a nice acquisition. I don't know the resale market for the old types but I would say $20 - $30 is a fair buy price for pretty much any early model gillette razor that also has the case. If you ever decided to sell it I'd give you more than you paid for it.

SHAVEWIZARD420, Paul76 and brit like this.
  5. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Here’s my haul for December so far
    A small order from Stirling with a complimentary sample shampoo bar that it seems mrs76 will be commandeering. Fair enough since she does put up with my shave addiction C25CD40C-A85A-49C2-A700-D3E076DA0BC9.jpeg some of the last strops from straight razor designs. The brush and one of the two inch strops are a gift for my brother. DC0D10FD-C40F-4EA8-A62B-B7EBA64CD1C0.jpeg And finally a wade and butcher 7/8+ that was in pretty sad shape. But for the price I decided why not clean it up and see if it will still shave right. I’m not sure but I think it was at one time a fbu 90412B16-E698-491A-8523-8F4B5C20BF77.jpeg 0E9EB27A-0223-441C-8C26-4C05A9226B04.jpeg

6. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

got this in the mail today from @jimjo1031

very nice boar with a handle long enough to keep my knuckles out of the soap bowl

I'm extremely tempted to use it but the wife is looking for stocking stuffers so it might have to wait until Christmas

002.JPG

7. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Received this today. A Oneblade 20mm synthetic knot. May have to break my 30DC and substitute this in the place of my Omega boar brush.

Attached Files:

8. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

That is an awesome looking brush. I love the wood handle. Thanks for sharing.

9. CastleShave

CastleShave Well-Known Member

I collect and sell when I’m overloaded I keep a lot more than I sell lol it’s a bad addiction. Some I get from eBay, Kijiji, and sometimes I get them in the Wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHAVEWIZARD420, RyX and cliffb599 like this.
  10. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

I tried it a few times the last couple of days and it does work rather well. It's broad & textured enough with the lip is just big enough to keep the lather under control. It is also nice for a change since the lather is cooler then when I heat it up with my daily duel chamber scuttle. It was a pretty great pick up.
    Steve

SHAVEWIZARD420, jtspartan and RyX like this.
  11. Smooth Steve

Very cool hat! Nice find.

12. Smooth Steve

Today I received a package with some seasonal fun. Picked up Cane! & Kiritimati soap and AS bundles from PAA with the CK-6 formula. I am pretty psyched to try these guys, but wish they would stick with the 4oz tubs and cut the price by 20%. I'm sure the formula will be very competitive with the best that charge the same, but I do not favor being forced to buy 20% more of something that has a 33% price increase per once. Nevertheless, they should be great. I will be trying Cane! tomorrow morning and it smells nice and fresh out of the tub. I also picked up another empty tub for my shampoos. As such I will break in the High Jump 47 shampoo I bought earlier. The PAA shampoos are really fantastic.
    Steve

IMG_1950.jpg
    IMG_1951.jpg
    IMG_1952.jpg

Paul76, TestDepth, gorgo2 and 16 others like this.
  13. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Found both of these at Wal-Mart locally. I have to say that I have fallen in love with the Stetson Black. It may be an old man smell, but sometimes the old things are classic.
    I'm gonna have to try out the Adidas aftershave, and I will get around to it eventually, but for now I'm loving the Stetson.

Attached Files:

Paul76, TestDepth, gorgo2 and 11 others like this.
  14. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Stetson Black my favorite.

15. John Ruschmeyer

Last week, I bid on and won another Tech, which I wanted mostly for the handle.
    s-l1600-7.jpg
    (seller's photo)

I finally got it into my hands today and was pleasantly surprised by how it cleaned up.
    IMG_0350.jpg
    IMG_0351.jpg IMG_0352.jpg

It turns out to be an interesting piece. Under all the grunge, it appears that the handle and cap either still have most of their gold plating (though almost none of their lacquer) or are yellow brass rather than the usual red brass. The Tech baseplate is a pre-mid-1950 and has apparently little wear. The handle is, as I understand it, a Round Shoulder Husky Bar handle. Oddly, it shows one of the rare barrel cracks seen on non-ball-end handle.

Paul76, TestDepth, AGHisBBS and 11 others like this.
  16. John Ruschmeyer

My other new acquisition- the "Pushmi-Pullyu" New:
    IMG_0353.jpg IMG_0354.jpg

It was a win from a recent eBay auction which I was surprised to win. According to the seller, it came this way from a Estate Sale. Basically, it's a pair of New LC heads on a modified ball-end handle. The most interesting part to me is the head on the right, a reissue patent LC with Otto Roth branding.

Paul76, TestDepth, AGHisBBS and 13 others like this.
  17. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Cleaned up nicely.

Linuxguile and John Ruschmeyer like this.
  18. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

If the barrel is in good condition all you need is the ball end to complete it.

Linuxguile, brit and John Ruschmeyer like this.
  19. John Ruschmeyer

I actually have a couple of spare ball ends. The collets on both ends, however, seems to be on pretty securely. I'll probably just leave the handle as is for a novelty, maybe with the older LC head. The Otto Roth is going to get a spare Common Bar for now.

20. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Cool! I bet @NCoxSTL would try shaving with it. Should shave twice as fast! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.