The Haul: December 2019

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Nov 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Orange tabbys are the best! He'll be great company. I use to have one called Teak ..... he was a lousy mouser, but really enjoyed beating up all the neighborhood cats. Great lap sitter and all around friend. Now I have a female orange tabby named Bella ....... she's the only other female my wife lets snuggle up with me.

:eatdrink013:

Jim99, BigD, gorgo2 and 2 others like this.
  2. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Santa brought this a day late. I believe it's a schick type A varient, but really not sure.

Attached Files:

Tjebbe, PanChango, Droo78 and 11 others like this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

20191227_121930_resize_61.jpg
    20191227_121854_resize_27.jpg

20 minutes and already right at home.

PanChango, Droo78, jtspartan and 12 others like this.
  5. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

That is a beautiful Razor! I've never seen an open comb type A before, it may be a custom head or a prototype.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

brit and jimjo1031 like this.
  6. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Another mail call. Robert at Space Soaps decided me buying two of his soaps wasn't enough and threw in the other two versions he makes. I'm glad he did. Such a wonderful soap. Shaved with it soon after it arrived for my Freedom Friday.

The Colonial Silversmith also arrived. Strange, both these vendors are out of Pennsylvania. Such a rich American History there. I also just had to include this razor in the Freedom Friday shave.

[​IMG]
    Robert at Space Soaps really over engineered everything about his product. The tins and labels are top notch with superb graphics on both the top and bottom of the tin. There's some kind of sealer paper on top of the puck that can be kept in place. The tins themselves are of good quality. Then, to top it all off each tin was in a padded envelope stacked in an extremely sturdy box. Not to mention he left a hand written note of thanks.

The Colonial Silversmith was wrapped in bubble wrap and put in a small sturdy cardboard box for shipping. No real paperwork or anything. It did arrive without issue.

PanChango, Droo78, jtspartan and 7 others like this.
  7. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thank you! I was wondering if it might be a prototype too. It also appears to be all brass versus aluminum on other type A repeaters I've seen online. Perhaps one day I can acquire one of those too, but they always seem to elude me. Only markings I can see on this one is "24" stamped in the head & neck. Hoping someone more knowledgeable than me can shed some light on this razor.

Attached Files:

Droo78, jimjo1031, brit and 2 others like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

awesome.love the silversmith..

BigD likes this.
  9. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Shaved with it soon after taking that picture. An extremely mild razor, but it was odd how familiar it felt in the hand even though it was my first use. I'm thinking this is going to be my touch up razor when there isn't a lot of time between shaves. Like if I am going out at night after shaving early in the morning.

brit likes this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

very cool.the head looks like the gillette new short comb from the side..but with a safety bar of course.i like mild razors..

BigD likes this.
  11. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I like my razors like I like my women, I mean food. Different everyday.

brit likes this.
  12. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

That is just too cute and adorable. I think it should be removed. It is making me too happy. It is illegal to be feel this much happiness.

Enrico and gorgo2 like this.
  13. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

For Christmas my wife gave me some shaving goodness. I received the Heritage Gillette DE razor and a PAA brush cleaning soap. Today I cleaned all my brushes and tomorrow I will break in the new razor. I can't wait to try it out.

IMG_6619.jpg
    IMG_6620.jpg
    IMG_6624.jpg

PanChango, Droo78, jtspartan and 8 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

very cool..lovely gift..

Smooth Steve likes this.
  15. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary. I'm a lucky guy for sure.
    Steve

brit likes this.
  16. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

While out today, I stopped at a local store, Rose's, and found this. Besides black pepper, it also has a bit of menthol in it. I did a test lather with it's brush, which has heft to it, and it does take a little more cream than say Proraso to lather up. Maybe it's because it's a shave butter and only one bristle came off the brush. So I would say it isn't a bad deal for $6.00.
    EDIT: I did some searching, and this set goes for $20.00 on Amazon. And yes, I also learned that since it's a shave butter, not much lather. But it's pretty slick and will come in handy when needing to do some trimming and detailing around my goatee and side burns.
    sb.jpg

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    PLAla, PanChango, Droo78 and 9 others like this.
  17. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Saturday’s mail call is D.R. Harris Sandalwood shave soap and aftershave. 35CAD68D-BCC3-4231-8442-3FBBF4CFA7B9.jpeg

PanChango, Droo78, jtspartan and 8 others like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

awesome Angelo,nice haul.did you remortgage the house?:)

Angelo85 likes this.
  19. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

No, I had a very generous Amazon gift card from my Uncle Dan for the holidays.

brit likes this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

that is awesome sir..you have scored some nice kit over the last month or so..congrats..:)

Angelo85 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.