The Haul: December 2022

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Jorvaljr, Dec 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Friday mail call is as follows: from West Coast Shaving I got 100 Super-Max Platinum blades as well as a Czech & Speake No.88 Shave soap refill puck. From Amazon I got a Q Shave stainless steel bowl with lid for the C&S shave soap puck. 0A68C935-68AD-4C1C-8782-5468135EA7A4.jpeg

2. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I sent a few things to Back roads gold and they have just came back to me. Im super happy with the work[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Im most excited about my rare Executive. Im being told its maybe a tester / protoype.
    [​IMG]
    See no stamping and there is a number engraved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hembree, Ron R, jbr63 and 8 others like this.
  3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    It's not a prototype, not with that high of a number. It's almost certainly a pre-production test market razor, or... given that it's an executive model, was a pre-production model given to Gillette employees, probably at the local manager level, or to the workers of that production line.

I would ask Matt, over at Razor Emporium, if he knows any more about engraved numbered razors. If anyone would know more, it's likely to be him.

Hembree, Enrico, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  4. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

I just received an Erskine and two Ever-Ready brushes for restoration and re-knotting. The solid red cylinder looks like it has been repainted and glued around the top, so it might be a lost cause. It will make a good place for me to start knot removal so that I can learn and hopefully not ruin the other two. $10 seemed a low-risk price for entry.

Also picked up two pre-war Gillette Techs and a Gillette "Old" style from the same seller. No cracks at all in the handles! Too good to be true?

IMG_20221217_112616452.jpg

5. Angelo85

A friend of mine gave me these items as a Chanukah gift. She gave me a Razor Emporium Best Badger brush and a sample pack of RE shave soaps along with this cigar box (the box was used to house the gifts; no cigars in it.) 408F4909-9634-4CCC-BF05-E8DC8291DF57.jpeg

6. Jorvaljr

Now thats a friend!

7. Angelo85

You got that right.

Hembree and Enrico like this.
  8. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Great haul today the DR popped immediately in the listing. A retired
    barber in a bumble f town sold the whole a whole lot of the shop to the local clean out guy. I didn't ask many questions just drove two hours, fast! The guy was mainly focused on figuring out and listing all the old individual blades. He wanted more for the blades than the razors, sobi passed! He even warned me not to try to use the razors because they're old and probably full of bacteria.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

9. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Bacteria is the only culture some people have

10. Angelo85

Monday’s mail call is from Maggard Razors; today I got Phoebus Lilac shave soap and aftershave as well as 50 Topaz Platinum blades. F618C4F5-6381-442D-91E7-7B889F32D567.jpeg

11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Latest addition to my den.
    1671491709828.jpg

From my shaving perspective...
    1671491727268.jpg

I'm quite pleased!

12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I found this Rubberset 200-5 at an antique store last Saturday. I did a test lathering with it using Proraso Green and my Turkish hammered shaving cup. The bristles are so long, I figure I will be bowl lathering with this one.

Rubberset200_6.JPG

Rubberset200_8.JPG

13. Jorvaljr

Thats pretty cool!

jimjo1031 and Jayaruh like this.
  14. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

I am getting to like the RK blades in my Henson razor. I used my last one a few days ago, so when Razor Company offered 10% off with free shipping for all orders, I figured "why not?" Merry Christmas to me! :santa

Screenshot 2022-12-20 175304 (1).jpg

Frijolero, Ron R, Primotenore and 6 others like this.
  15. Angelo85

Wednesday mail call is a NOS bottle of Avon Öland aftershave. B7B39C55-230E-4B60-981B-CF6A38CE947C.jpeg

Frijolero, Ron R, jtspartan and 5 others like this.
  16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

A couple of sweet knots ......

IMG_2535.jpg

:)

17. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Paul Turner and swarden43 like this.
  18. Jorvaljr

[​IMG]
    A couple of lots came in. Both were super cheap. Im khaki set looks great but the handle as usual is cracked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

20. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Could you compare these blades with a few others from India? Gillette Wilkinson for example?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.