The Haul: February 2 - February 8, 2009

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by SSLSTudio..., Feb 2, 2009.

1. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

From Lees Razors

Truefitt & Hill Rose Cream
    Truefitt & Hill Almond Cream
    Truefitt & Hill Traglafar Cream
    Mitchells Wool Fat Bath Soap (4)

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I just got a 320 GB laptop harddrive for my sister's laptop, and an external enclosure so that I can use her old one as an external drive. I can't believe how much drives have come down in price. I got a 320GB SATA 2.5 drive for $59! :)

3. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

How true. I remember back in the day when I added a memory chip to my IBM (remember those?) computer. I paid $160 for a 4 megabyte chip! :eek:

All that money so I could get Myst and The 7th Guest to run properly. :happy102

4. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Yeah, I remember paying 2000 Austrian Schillings (145€ or 190USD) for 32MB of RAM for my 486-machine...

Awesome hauls, guys! Lots and lots of shiny razors, hard drives and incense :D

I got two razors today:

haul.jpg

A very nice Dahlgren-Wedge from Eskilstuna and what looks like a never used Bengall cast-steel razor (~1820) :happy088

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

WOWWWWWWWWWWW--beautiful razors, bro--have fun with them! :D

6. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

Just showed in today's mail. The '60 Fatboy I got off the bay. Needs a little cleanup, but it's otherwise fine.

Attached Files:

• 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      103 KB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      114 KB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      71.4 KB
      Views:
  7. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

My new brush from Rodd

I just needed to show off my own Knotty Badger Brush from Rodd.. Its a Beauty and very well done.. the handle is slim, the knot dense.. Great for soaps..

Rodd - You da Man!!

Attached Files:

8. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

I wasn't expecting this for another 4 days at least. The Virtual Village Silvertip badger brush.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      88.7 KB
      Views:
  9. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

That looks mighty nice DA! It looks like a brush I would want!

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    That's a great looking handle, Thomas!

11. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

I got a really cool Colostomy Bag, complete with its own hoses, plastic insert, and extra disposeable bags!!

IF I have to have pictures for this thread, that could be arranged too.........

12. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Started with the juice early this friday?

13. rollsshaver

No juice for me. Doctors managed to throw a blood clot into my colon during what is supposedly balloon angioplasty. That killed off a portion of my colon, so now I am stuck with pooping through my side into a bag. It pretty much sucks, but that is the reality of it. Given the choice between crying about it, or making the best of it, I would rather laugh.

14. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Way to kill the Haul thread guys. :happy096

Rolls is in high spirits despite the hospital stay. And many of us are glad he is. :agelic13

15. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Here's to you Rolls !

My first Manhattan is dedicated to LL ;)...........................uh, Yeah. I had to go to BevMo for some bitters and ended up with all this. Supporting the economy, and all

Attached Files:

16. rollsshaver

Rick, too bad you were not around when I first gave up the booze. I pretty much gave away bottles of booze. Some of which cost me well over a grand!! I had bottles of limited edition Johnnie Walker, Scotch that was older than I am, and a load of other crap. And to think, it all started with me trying to break my old record.......

17. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

For starters, a mug I picked up earlier in the week for $5. The two Gillette packs are unopened from an antique mall in Bruceton Mills, WV. The set is from the trivia PIF from across the street. The unmarked dispenser on top is from A&P.

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      75.3 KB
      Views:
    • 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      121.1 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      110.5 KB
      Views:
  18. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

19. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

20. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

I cant even imagine what juice that costs that much would taste like..........

I dont partake a bunch, but when I do I try to make it quality :eatdrink047

OH.
    Got some of this in today

[​IMG].....................and this [​IMG]........................No.9 is Bay Rummy. Just so's ya know. They dont give much info on the website.