The Haul: February 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Nothing shave related, but something relaxing too. My new Rossi 320 KS Vulcano pipe. It was reduced and i wanted to have the 320 shape for a while now. I love it. She is so beautiful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Greetings
    Thorsten

2. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I Just Honed this Nice Hadoson 63 Matsukura Company Made in Tokyo 6/8th that Arrived in the Post Today..The Typical EBay Shave Ready Ploy..It had Been Honed or Half Honed..I Reset the Bevel Put it through a Naniwa Super Stone Progression..I Finished on 20 K Microfilm..Lovely Hard Japanese Steel & it Took a Killer Edge Man..:D

Och Aye the Noo..:happy102:

Billy..:chores016:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  3. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Very nice! You got it for a good price, especially with the case and in good condition.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  4. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Made a couple orders last week. Was surprised that one of them already arrived in today's mail. Tabac Original, another Stirling Soap (Coniferous) to add to the collection, and Cella after shave. Lots of folks seem to like Tabac - I'll give it a try this afternoon. The Stirling Coniferous - smells like conifer trees - go figure. I have a number of woodsy soaps and like them all. The Cella after shave is very nice - although I thought it would smell like the soap - it doesn't. It has its own scent - but very nice.
    Cella:Tabac.jpg

5. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can't wait to try this tonight.

6. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

That looks minty. Nice score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ob1page and '65 G-Slim like this.
  7. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

A soak in Dawn and a bit o' scrubbing...it's near new-looking. Fixing to scrape mah face with it now.

Edit: It's no wonder these are considered the best razors in the world. I love this thing.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    AGHisBBS, mrchick, twhite and 2 others like this.
  8. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

A New Forest Tubby brush that was lost in transit from the UK showed up today. Its been missing since the beginning of January.....
    [​IMG]
    The coolest thing about this NF brush is that it arrived with the original instructions from the manufacturer. It doesnt look like the brush was used or if it was it was sparingly :D.

9. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I had a few goodies show up today. The TTFFC Devils Cut smells amazing, I can't wait to try it. @Tdmsu also threw in a jar of Cella, which I've never tried, along with a bunch of samples.
    [​IMG]

10. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Received my Gem OCMM razor today :D Ive always considered myself a Schick man but these great little razors are making me rethink my favorite list...:D
    [​IMG]

11. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Cella soap is one of my favorites - great lather and very slick. Hope you like the scent of almonds.

RyX and ob1page like this.
  12. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I'm not crazy about the scent but I've heard nothing but good things about the performance

13. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

It does perform well. The scent doesn't stay once you rinse off.

ob1page likes this.
  14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Arrived a day early: February 28

Advertised as a Milord 1920 for parts. Obviously a ball end NEW. I got it because I wanted the end pieces to make a wooden handle.

Here it is right out of the box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am not going to do anything with the tube right now, maybe never. Here are the parts after a soak in hot water and Dawn and some cleaning with a toothbrush.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Mustache, jimjo1031, Sparrow and 15 others like this.
  15. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I just received this killer Illinois 827 strop from a very generous forum member.

Thank you.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jimjo1031, Sparrow, Jorvaljr and 9 others like this.
  16. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Recieved these items in the mail yesterday from several trades, actually have a few more trades pending. Can't believe I love all these scents, usually there will be a dud or two, but everything smells great. Thank you everyone for the awesome trades.
    20170228_202107.jpg

17. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Today I received 2 Palmolive Shave Sticks as a give away from Kevy Shaves on YouTube to celebrate his 2,000 subscriber milestone. Very kind of him and I wish him well. If you haven't watched his videos, you should check him out as he helps promote the brotherhood of our shaving hobby.
    Steve

IMG_4560.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.