The Haul: February 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

Look what the postman brought! All NOS but packaging a bit careworn. All made in England
    1950 Tech No 32 set; 1948 Tech No 32 Bathroom Set; 1966(?) Slim Twist Set. If anyone can date the Slim Twist any better, I'd be much obliged.

2017_2_TechNo32.JPG 2017_2_1948TechNo31.JPG 2017_2_1966SlimTwist.JPG

PanChango, dscaver, brit and 18 others like this.
  2. Marc D

Marc D Well-Known Member

Thats to bad, shaved w\ Texas on Fire for the first time last night and Loved it

ob1page and Jorvaljr like this.
  3. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ming Shi Shaver 2000s adjustable razor is a well built and nice looking futur clone. This is the second futur clone I have. The first one was NT Vigour. This one has nicer design with more robust structure.

4. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

PAL adjustable, still has the blade blank in it. No signs of a key ever having been inserted.

[​IMG]

5. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Nice score!

RaZorBurn123 and jmudrick like this.
  6. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Cervantes Aftershave - 4 0z full
    Don't know anything about it but it was less than $8 delivered, the cork cover is kinda cool, and it smells nice.

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Man, that is sweet! Congratulations!!

8. RaZorBurn123

Nice. Great looking copy.

Recklesstr likes this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

My Lucky Tiger arrived today.
    IMG_4819.JPG
    I will say I'm pleasantly surprised by how well it smells and felt on my head.

Attached Files:

10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That is funny. When Mort was in French class his teacher would not call him Mort since Mort meant death. HA!

ob1page, RyX, twhite and 1 other person like this.
  11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

This just came in. I pretty much bought the "Vintage Razor Lot" without knowing what the straight razor was. It turned out to be a Wade & Butcher Sheffield, that looks like it will clean up nicely.
    Total for the find, including shipping $15.96.
    P2080619.JPG

Marc D, PanChango, dscaver and 18 others like this.
  12. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I wish it shaved as well as it looks. Started on the mark above "L", then the mark below "H". Maybe it was the NOS Schick blade, but I had to finish with my '47 SS and a BIC. I'll try one of the new Chicks next time.

RaZorBurn123, ob1page and RyX like this.
  13. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

"L" drops the guard to its lowest point increasing the gap. "H" raises the guard up close to the blade to its highest point decreasing the gap.
    It takes a little getting used to, especially the raised outside edges, but once I figured mine out and quit trying to shave with it like a Schick I started getting great shaves.

14. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I was on a business trip today and had time to forage in an antiques shop. The shop was displaying a bunch of pipes in this old pipe stand. I mentioned that I had been looking for one of these stands for straight razors. He sold me the stand for $12.00 and it works great. My larger blades won't fit, but I'll fill it up[​IMG]

Marc D, Keithmax, Jayaruh and 17 others like this.
  15. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

My order from Henri et Victoria arrived today.
    [​IMG]
    I already have the Cognac and Cuban Cigars soap and aftershave. The performance and scent of Henri et Victoria rivals any of the high end products in my den.

16. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Received this vintage Simpsons brush in a trade. It will get a new knot (manchurian white) soon. Until then it will have a home in my display case.
    [​IMG]

PanChango, Jayaruh, dscaver and 13 others like this.
  17. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Ah! But how are the blades that came with it? :)

Recklesstr and Jorvaljr like this.
  18. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Finally got my first Fatboy in today's mail. Bought it off ebay. It is in very good shape and functions perfectly. Although it was nice and clean - I still ran it though the ultrasonic cleaner a couple times with some dish soap added to the water. Then I disinfected it with alcohol, brightened it up a bit with silver polish, and lubed it with mineral oil. She's ready to go for tomorrow's shave. A few photos below. The last one is a bit out of focus as the camera kept trying to focus on the dial when I was really trying to get the date code. Its a 1961 G1
    Fatboy1.jpg

Fatboy2.jpg

Fatboy3.jpg

PanChango, Drygulch, Jayaruh and 17 others like this.
  19. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

I haven't tried them yet. When I have a chance to try it, I'll let you know ;)

AGHisBBS and Robyflexx like this.
  20. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

Got this little beauty in the middle to make the whole set!
    1949 with flat base plate - 74gm ; 1952 'Paperclip' - 34gm and diamond baseplate; 1953 'Rocket Styling' with diamond baseplate - 66gm.
    The blades that came with the 'Paperclip' (one loaded) are D1 = 1958. Seems late for that style of carrier?
    2017_3ArJrGroup.jpg

Marc D, PanChango, Drygulch and 17 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.