The Haul: February 2019

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

i had one of those but sadly an auto. 283 2 speed powerglide ..nice truck though..

AGHisBBS, RyX and PanChango like this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Very nice.

Hembree and brit like this.
  3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Primotenore likes this.
  4. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

My wife and daughter wanted to hit a few antiques stores so I drove
    I came home with three goodies.
    [​IMG]

5. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I knew they were not popular, but I didn't mean no longer built.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

RyX likes this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Nice. I have a dubl duck brush. Great finds. Now you need to make a Williams stick for the container.

Frijolero, RyX and mrchick like this.
  7. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Within the course of two weeks, I went from zero to three Simpson brushes!

Simpson The Colonel (that started the whole thing)
    Simpson Special Best Badger
    Simpson Chubby 2 synthetic (incoming)

8. brit

brit in a box

i have the special best badger and a commodore.. they both produce awesome lathers for small brushes..

9. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Sounds like the 2003 Honda Element I got rid of a couple of years ago. I was staring at $2K just to pass inspection (new exhaust system plus replacing a cracked windshield) with at least that much more in other items that should be attended to.

The annoying part was that the main issue with the exhaust system was a broken spring-loaded bolt where it bolted onto the exhaust manifold. Apparently, no one will just replace a bolt anymore (and I didn't have the tools, expertise, or flexibility).

According to the dealer, it was going to a wholesaler who primarily sends cars to Haiti. Where, no doubt, it is still on the road after someone replaced the broken bolt.

10. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Mine was a 77 Chevy with 250 inline 6 cylinder and a three speed on the tree and that was it. I finally broke down and put white spoke rims on it and Dad said that I has going to get a ticket. I said for what and he said that my nuts were exposed. :happy102: Fuzzy did your gears every get caught when shifting between first and second? Dad showed me the trick to un-hang the shift linkage when I first started driving. Two days later that little trick paid off.

11. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

My Odyssey just recently rolled over 300k.

AGHisBBS, brit and Jorvaljr like this.
  12. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Did all three-on-the-tree shifters eventually start hanging between first and second? My '73 Duster (originally my Dad's) started doing that as it neared 100K miles.

Now *that* was an odd car... 198cu 6 cylinder (normal SlantSix was a 225... I actually had a Plymouth sales person argue with me that I couldn't have a 198) with exactly one option, an AM radio.

13. brit

brit in a box

very cool base model duster.

John Ruschmeyer likes this.
  14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

They did. I finslly put a couple washers in and never happened again.

Hembree, Frijolero and brit like this.
  15. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I have no idea what these are worth but sometimes you got to go big or go home.
    wardonia.jpg

4 I know for sure are Wardonia razors.
    The 3 stained looking ones I think are Wardonia razors.
    1 British Gillette 3pc Tech
    1 US Gillette Old Type

16. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Hehe I was gonna go for that but forgot duh. That was a steal (two silver for crissakes). Love them Wardonias.

TestDepth, Hembree, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  17. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

You might wind up with some of these when I get done with them. Maybe I'll do a pass around with some of these for starters. I normally don't buy lots anymore but for the price I don't think I got beat on this purchase. I probably resell a few of these afterwards if I don't like them or can't be bothered to modify blades.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    AGHisBBS, Hembree, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  18. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I need a user to modify for standard blades. With the blade hanging out there like a big salami they seem to defy logic and physics how well they shave.

Hembree, Frijolero and brit like this.
  19. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

It should be fairly simple to modify a blade using a hold punch. Though by the looks of it some of these should take a regular DE blade in this batch.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  20. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

It's not hard, a few more punches than the Gibbs, but it would be nice not to have to mess with the blades.

Not going to mess with this one.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.