The Haul: February 2019

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

very nice..

CrustyCat, BigMark83 and Hembree like this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Two recent hauls:

IMG_0060.jpg
    First, two tubs of Soap Commander limited edition soaps. Drive and 13A▲, both of which smell terrific. The owner, Carrie, also sent a very thoughtful and well-written note along with the order.

IMG_0079.jpg
    Second, found this aftershave at Target for less than $4. I like Nivea shave products so I picked it up. Haven't tried it yet but it smells nice. We'll see how it goes!

3. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

From this weekends flea market adventures, a Cased Pomco (Murkur) slant, a cased Gillette President, and a very clean cased Fatboy. As a kicker, a Gillette-Rubberset traveler shave brush in need of a new hair-do. A good day at the market

98650055-0EE0-469D-B1EC-73D58F615FB5.jpeg 344A6809-A51F-40A5-8DD0-F00E44A76DA9.jpeg 336DDCDE-4FDB-461E-8BEE-71E97CD1182E.jpeg

4. RyX

RyX DoH!

I have an opportunity to pick up a Merkur 37C slant that has a handle similar to the Pomco. Do you have experience with these? Is it a 2 piece?

5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

That after shave really peaks my interest .... I need to check it out. :D

Hembree and PLAla like this.
  6. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I just lucked upon it, and for less than $4 it was too good to pass up.

brit, Enrico and Hembree like this.
  7. Timwcic

The 60’s Merkur, Hoffritz, and Pomco are all the same 2 piece razor. They were just marked, labeled, and marketed as different razors. The same basic design is carried on in the 37C, IIRC, with just subtle differences. I have used and enjoy my Hoffritz for years. For a slant, I prefer my Ziglar slant, I bit more aggressive but will take a Merkur over my Fasan slant. The Fasan Bakelite is to lite for my likings

jtspartan, jimjo1031, brit and 5 others like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

was very recently looking for info on gillettes like i do and a fine denizen suggested i get this.i saw it on line and said wait a minute.. i had bought a book when i just started to collect gillettes around aug. 2016.i had closed up my shop and it was packed up with the paperwork and stuff. .and here it is..cool.thank you for the advice .. 20190217_152607.jpg

Ron R, Jayaruh, TestDepth and 12 others like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

they do seem plentiful..i am sure you will find one.i am unfamiliar with these razors..

Missing Lynx and Hembree like this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

My wife wanted to go to Target today so picked up a couple aftershaves. Those and the things received recently .......

IMG_1326.JPG

An Apollo razor, Psycho razor, two flat top knots (28mm synthetic and a 24mm 2 banded badger), an english Ever Ready brush, and a vintage Aqua Velva polar bear bottle (I've been looking for one for a while).

It's been a good week!

:eatdrink013:

Jayaruh, Herm2502, TestDepth and 13 others like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

very cool..love the 2 band badger knot,, thet aftershave looks interesting. not available here...

Frijolero, Edison Carter and Hembree like this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I think 2 band badger will work out quite nicely. You can't get Aqua Velva in Canada? That surprises me. :eek:

I mix mine with Florida Water. :D

:cool:

RyX, Frijolero, Edison Carter and 2 others like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

no , the nivea deep..they serve aqua velva on tap here..:D

RyX, Enrico, jtspartan and 2 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

does that knot color suit the handle to you ?

Enrico likes this.
  15. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Let me know if you plan on moving that psycho tech. I may have some trades for you.

Edison Carter and brit like this.
  16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Most definitely :D

PM sent

brit likes this.
  17. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I stopped in an Antiques Store yesterday looking for straights. I struck out on the straights but saw a dirty stone by the cash register. I bought it for $5.00 and brought it home. After a good scrubbing, it looks to be a coticle. It needs some lapping, but looks to be a decent stone.[​IMG][​IMG]

18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Bottle of Lectric Shave, $1.95 out the door from CVS of all places.

Jayaruh, SHAVEWIZARD420, RyX and 4 others like this.
  19. Timwcic

A flea market find from the weekend. It needed a bath and lapping to see what I had. A 6x2 Coticule with a busy surface. Had a strange double hump dish that I broke a sweat leveling out, it is on the harder side. Nice addition to the rock pile

FC919155-7436-4469-B23F-3D8B0772F72C.jpeg 2A7BDC61-930A-42A5-BC16-20FF7A21407D.jpeg

Ron R, Jayaruh, TestDepth and 9 others like this.
  20. Timwcic

A good looking stone. It is Hard to tell by the pictures, but it might be a synthetic Coticule. If it is, they are excellent hones for touch up. Either way, great score

Ron R, TestDepth, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.