The Haul: February 2020

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SixCats!

SixCats! Member

Hi all,

Today's finds : Today's finds : Vintage (B-3) 1956 Gillette Flair Tip Super Speed which cleaned up BEAUTIFULLY! Also, I found two vintage Shaving Brushes in quite good condition. One is a Klenzo B-843 and the other a "MADE RITE" 100. [​IMG]

BigD, Jayaruh, jtspartan and 9 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

cool haul..

SixCats! likes this.
  3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

It's a Pils.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BigD, Jayaruh, jtspartan and 12 others like this.
  4. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Thursday mail call vintage haul. Today I got the following.
    25 Wilkinson Sword Super Sword Edge blades
    1982 Avon Gentleman’s Regiment shave soap and mug NOS
    1976 Barbershop regular and herbal shave soaps and boar hair shave brush NOS D6F900E3-95B0-4701-BE0A-6A1B86BE4928.jpeg

BigD, Jayaruh, jtspartan and 11 others like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Excellent haul!!!!

The Gillette Flare or Super Speed are one one the most under rated razors (next to the Gillette Tech). It will give you an easy, beautiful shave every time. The brushes are great and if they decide to shed; can be polished and restored to a 22 or 24mm knot of your choice (boar, badger or synthetic), and look like new when done.

:eatdrink013:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  6. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

Stopped at the supermarket to pick up cold meds and couldn't resist. Afta is an old favorite and Cremo will be my first use-- kinda pricey but if I like it I'll look to get it cheaper.
    2 12 20 haul.jpg

BigD, Jayaruh, jluc and 7 others like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

cool haul Angelo..

Angelo85 likes this.
  8. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hi all. Good Morning. I looked back in the posts here on this thread to check out the cool stuff everyone has been getting this CB month, and I am not disappointed I did so. Everyone has some pretty cool scores. Great stuff folks. Thanks for sharing everybody, your photos and posts always inspire me.

So, as many of you folks know, my health has been pretty bad, and is recently getting worse. But I ain’t gave up yet! I have been trying to find and do anything and everything I can to stay on my feet. As one of my favorite old phrases states- “I am disabled, not dead!” I am still trying to be as active as I can, and I plan to stay on my feet til the last day here. I will add I also have been very blessed. I am also very grateful. God has been good to me, and I have received many miracles of faith in this life. I am one of the more fortunate of my contemporaries. With all this in mind, after years of being dormant in my collecting, or even buying shave goods/razors/brushes/ whatnot, I started making a few purchases. The following are my latest scores. -

First up, these razors are hands down my most favored of all TTO razors. I honestly think these are the classiest and sexiest razors ever produced. And the gold finish makes them even classier. The 1946/47 Gillette Aristocrat.

[​IMG]

Next up, another classic- 1909 Gillette ABC Empire Pocket Edition.

[​IMG]

Next is a favored vintage brand of Badger Brush. An Ever Ready PBT300. I already had an Ever Ready PBT500 that was nos when I got it. This one was sold to me as new, but it was not. Not that it matters, because it is in excellent rarely used condition.

[​IMG]

Next in line is an extremely unusual razor. In fact, I have never seen one of this manufacturer name. It is an RFB New style razor, made by MEM. And it’s condition is such that I believe it is pre-WWII German. Probably early 1930’s. I bet it was one of the first made. Here are the photos. -
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]and last but not least a vintage puck of Surry shave soap. (Still smells good. )

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speedster, BigD, Jayaruh and 11 others like this.
  9. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Wow! Awesome score !

brit and Morman Bridge like this.
  10. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Nice haul Alan.........

brit, 9nein9 and Morman Bridge like this.
  11. jimjo1031

Today's mail.............

20200214_145145.jpg

speedster, BigD, Jayaruh and 9 others like this.
  12. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

This arrived earlier this week, as a gift from @John Beeman. 2.5 oz. of Shulton Old Spice. It definitely has a deeper, richer scent than the new stuff. I'll be wearing it on Sunday. Thanks, John! IMG_20200214_131553374-600x800.jpg

speedster, BigD, Jayaruh and 14 others like this.
  13. Morman Bridge

Thanks Triple 9

brit and 9nein9 like this.
  14. Morman Bridge

Thank You Jimjo!

brit and jimjo1031 like this.
  15. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Really happy to see your post, Alan.

brit and Morman Bridge like this.
  16. Morman Bridge

Nothing like some vintage OS splash. Good show Man. I’ve got some of the OS talcum in the same style bottle. I use it sometimes. I love the scent.

brit and 9nein9 like this.
  17. Morman Bridge

Hi Joseph. Thanks, it’s good to see your post as well my friend. God Bless!

brit and Primotenore like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

awesome scores Alan..glad you are upright and posting..:)

Morman Bridge likes this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

jimjo1031 likes this.
  20. jimjo1031

Thanks Gary. The Red Tip cleaned up and polished real nice, and added my baked on red paint. Re-lining the Old Type case right now, gotta keep busy.

Enrico and brit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.