The Haul: February 25 - March 2, 2008

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Feb 24, 2008.

1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

March? Already? Where is the year going? Anywho, still time to get plenty of stuff.

My one goodie this week was a Lamy fountain pen. It's not too expensive, but I just wanted to try one out, and I like it.

So what's your treasure this week?

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    From Michael. Thanks!
    [vbpg]1280[/vbpg]

I haven't decided if the bowl is going to be my new lathering or curry bowl yet. :D

I also got a new mouse, from Bobby. A Logitech VX Nano, for my laptop. It has the world's smallest USB receiver. No more kitty rubbing up against the USB receiver, and messing up my mouse. :rolleyes:

3. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

Trumper Rose shaving soap
    DR Harris Almond shaving soap

4. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I got my Derby order yesterday
    100 Derby extras
    tube of Derby menthol - was not expecting it to be so big. like a full size toothpaste! -I have not heard many positive reviews on it, but for $3, I have to try for myself.

5. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

My haul today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Just today? Wow! I thought I had it bad. Congrats!

7. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Actually, it was just two packages - one from a nice fella here and one from the Austrian company "Haslinger" - they are the folks responsible for those great (rebranded) Mühle-shaving soaps. When you buy the soaps from them you save a whole lot of money :D

8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Himmlischer Gott, Klaus, tolle Seifen, wie was habe ich von Muehle!

9. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Is that so KLaus ? Ich hatte mir die seifen von HAsslinger angesehen aber dachte mir es ist ein billiger seifen , aber when es von Muhle ist ? also fabriciert muhle die Seife oder hasslinger. man findet often diese sache im Bier mehrer namen aber selber Bier ! :D

und wie immer eine tolle geburtstag kado fur dich.. ich hatte nicht alle mehr when ich die klingen im photo sehe ! also Ich warte ab mehr Klingen im deine SOS fotos zu sehen !

* I asked Klaus if the soaps are really made by Muhle or are a cheapish clone thats what I thought cheap soap. that why I have been avoiding this I dont know how these lather. :-(
    rebranding is often done with Beer,rice and many more products.

I cant practise my German too often but when I can with someone who speaks/writes it I shall grab my chances.

10. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Rene, die Mühle-Seifen werden von Haslinger gemacht - exakt gleiche Rezeptur. Ein Stück von Haslinger kostet 2,98€, die von Mühle sind wesentlich teurer.
    Die ersten beiden Rasiermesser habe ich gestern angefangen aufzuarbeiten - bin aber nicht fertig geworden, sie brauchen noch mehr Schleifarbeit.

The Mühle-soaps are made by Haslinger - the recipe is exactly the same and the original Haslinger soaps are much cheaper. :D
    I also started to hone the first two straights but didn't finish it due to the extensive work that needs to be done to get a consistent edge. In the case of the Fain Looking I also had to modify the scales as the tip of the blade was scratching into the scales. First I tried to remodel them with heat. When a small bit went up in flames I noticed they were celluloid scales - I thought they were plastic :ashamed001 Ah well, no big harm done. Tonight I'm gonna work on 'em beauties some more :happy088

11. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Todays haul:

[​IMG]

AOS Lavender SS
    AOS Lime SS
    Penhaligon's Blenheim SS
    Penhaligon's English Fern SS
    Trumper Almond SC
    Merkur Progress
    35 Red Personnas

12. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

yummmmmmmmmmm........

[​IMG].......Light and fluffy :)

13. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Indeed.. seems to say "Almond" on the lid...

14. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Got my DOVO Bismarck Black 6/8 straight today! :bounce017

15. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Congratulations, you've passed the test :D

I wanted to check whether people really looked at the pictures ;) :rofl

Not sure what you mean with a pic of the consistency, though, It's quite stiff, just like any of those 3Ts creams ;)

Congratulations on getting a Bismarck, Ken! You'll like it!

16. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow! :drool :drool

Sweet hauls fellas :)

I received some handmade soaps today courtesy of Mike and Raf :D

1 Almond
    1 Lavender
    1 Peppermint
    2 80% Olive Oil

1 Lavender & Bergamot Shave Soap
    1 Goat Milk and Cocoa Butter Shave Soap

Thanks Mike!! they look and smell great :D

17. jramire2

jramire2 Member

1 Trumpers sample pack - The cream samples are probably only good for about one shave each, but the skin food samples alone make this $7 trial pack a steal.
    1 Roger & Gallet shaving soap - VERY odiferous, but also a very good shave. More moisturizing than I would expect for a soap.

18. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

where is your dedication ??

Spending your hard earned cash on such nonsense !
    Vacuuming is wimmens work, anyhow :D

19. Padron

Padron Active Member

I scored some bath soaps today.....

10 Bars - Bee & Flowers Rose
    10 Bars - Bee & Flowers Jasmine
    10 Bars - Bee & Flowers Ginseng
    10 Bars - Bee & Flowers Sandalwood

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Nice soaps and cheap too (.32 cents each ) :cool:...great scents and appear to be tripple milled...They are around 2 ounce bars, smell nice and were not overly drying to my skin :)

Also got some other soap bars from:

Dr Bronners
    Chandrika
    Grandpa's
    Auromere
    South of France

20. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

Swedish Gillettes and Dorcos

Attached Files: