The Haul: January 14th - January 20th, 2008

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Jan 14, 2008.

1. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

I KILL YOU ! :1respect

2. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Good lord :eek:
    Makes me think we over here in Austria live in a developing country as far as quick internet connections are concerned. :mad:
    Don't even wanna mention what I'm on (nope, it's not dial up, that far I can say... ;) )

3. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

No shave goodies to report, but my sons bought me a new monitor that I just got last night. Samsung 226CW...VERY nice!! From my old 17" CRT to a 22" widescreen flat panel! Quite a jump!! Reviews said it was awesome and so far, I’m delighted! Obligatory shaving content below. :D

Attached Files:

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Nice, Michael!

5. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Very Nice Monitor

6. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Oh, CRT to flat, that is AWESOME! Really nice! I can even see my post :p

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

Rene,

That is crazy fast.....I though my 6Mb was a fast speed......Nice monitor Michael :D

8. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Nice one, Michael. I'm hesitationg to make the move to TFT - I have an 19" CRT here, colour-calibrated for working with photos and reviewing DVDs.
    Ah well, when it dies on me, I'll make the transition :D

9. SSLSTudio...

Yes it is fast but not Crazy yet, crazy is my colleague at work when his fiber gets launched 20/20 Mbit you could with such a speed easy run your prof. store homepage from home. and offcourse an FTP server.

But for the prices hosting companies ask these days I wouldnt wanna kill your computer by running 24/7/365 power on. no let them take that hit .

I checked my modem data rate and im at 14.5Mbit speed :D I might be able to Tweak it for an extra Mbit not sure.

10. SSLSTudio...

Michael very nice screen, everyone should be moving into Widescreen its so much better for the eyes. I cant even stand 4:3 TV 's anymore !

im on a Sony CRT 21" here which was the top end SVGA of its time.
    I 1600* 1200. for wide screen emulation I can set it to 1400*1050 then its widescreen'ish .. offcourse not as good as the real thing.

have fun with it , dont stay up so late with them movies ! ::