The Haul: January 2016

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I received this today.
    I plan to clean this with scrubbing bubbles.. Does anybody know if that would harm the gold plating?

2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Yes.
    :p

Redfisher, mrchick and Darkbulb like this.
  3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I'll have to do some investigation on this. Design motifs often reflect what is popular during the era (celestial symbols, for example) and to know what decorative symbolism and motifs was in vogue in early 19th century England may take some cross referencing with art, furniture and fabric pattern styles.

Redfisher and Bussemand like this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Big Lots had another 20% off sale today so I went to a different nearby store. Not used to seeing anything worth mentioning in the shaving section but I found one tub of Dove Men+Care Expert Shave for $2.50 (well, minus 20%). Nice scent but I'm sold on Cremo Cooling so I'll put the Dove in the upcoming travel box. Hope someone has a use for it.

SHAVEWIZARD420 and Jorvaljr like this.
  5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Bah!

mrchick likes this.
  6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

To be honest, its often 'wait & see' for me and new restored razors.
    I've far too many to use so once I've completed a restoration and a shave, I have to then decide 'is this particular razor worth keeping in the fold or passing on for someone else to enjoy?'
    I have about 8-10 I'm debating upon at the present time. Decisions, decisions...

SHAVEWIZARD420, mrchick and Darkbulb like this.
  7. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

New-to-me travel razor! Came in yesterday.
    IMG_0150.JPG

With case:
    IMG_0151.JPG

8. PLAla

I'm also quite excited about a box just arrived from TSD Shop!

TSD haul.JPG

Top row, L-R - Lanolin soap in bay rum scent with container, two soap samples of almond scent and Tabac type scent.

Bottom row, L-R - M-bomb sample, SubZero aftershave splash sample, Iced Bay Rum aftershave splash sample, Aftershave Milk sensitive sample, and shaving stick in sensitive or unscented.

I can now have a proper Shave Den Sunday shave!

9. Jorvaljr

PLAla likes this.
  10. Jorvaljr

Wow what a haul!!

PLAla likes this.
  11. PLAla

I was lucky enough to win the December Newbie give-away which included a gift certificate to the TSD Shop. So I wanted to try a variety of their items. I'm particularly excited about the soap stick and hope it works in my dopp kit for travel.

mrchick and Jorvaljr like this.
  12. Jorvaljr

Lucky you. Now it looks like all you need for the Dopp kit is one of these for you soap stick:

image.jpeg

Misphit, mrchick and PLAla like this.
  13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Received the $7.50 Emporio Armani that I even made fun of myself for getting...meaning "what exactly was I thinking when bidding on it..?"

It actually doesn't look half-bad (sure, I'm trying to justify the purchase a bit to myself but humor me) in person.
    It's surprisingly heavy and my best guess is that it's pewter.

[​IMG]

The brush is almost solid metal and is probably the heaviest handle of any brush that I have
    [​IMG]

The razor itself was a positive surprise. Albeit very 'clumsy' looking it has a very nice feel to it when holding it.
    It'll be fun to try it out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What also helped making it a 'better deal' was the fact that the seller kindly, for free, added 20+ Atra catridges that probably. by themselves, are worth the $7.50
    [​IMG]

14. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I think it looks very cool in a simplistic futuristic way. What's really cool is that razor/brush stand. :)

Darkbulb likes this.
  15. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

Saw this at Walgreen's and decided to give it a go. $10/6oz tub.

Anyone else seen or used this? Opinions? I'll use it tomorrow and report on my findings in SOTD.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Jorvaljr

I'm looking forward to hearing you opinion. It seems maybe wetshaving is getting more and more popular.

Mustache and Robyflexx like this.
  17. Jorvaljr

I would have been interested with just the brush and razor holder! Awesome deal. Congrats

Robyflexx likes this.
  18. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I have their pre shave oil and as a matter of fact I revisited it this morning after a long hiatus and glad I did. It's very protective and slick. As for the cream my understanding is that it is not a brush cream but a spreader. I know some here have used it and liked it. Let us know how it goes and I hope you enjoy it. :)

Mustache likes this.
  19. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I have a new toy
    [​IMG]

m54daboll, Misphit, PLAla and 8 others like this.
  20. Jorvaljr

Wow that's great. I can't remember where , but I saw one of those.. Great find!

mrchick and Robyflexx like this.