The Haul: January 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Austin :)

AGHisBBS likes this.
  2. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Hm. @DaltonGang - would you consider Austin to be "Texas"? I'd call it "California and Seattle Wannabe"? :)

Linuxguile likes this.
  3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Yes, I think Austin is kind of like Seattle. "Keep Austin Weird". Isn't that what the Austinian say?? It's its own little country inside Texas.

Bookworm and Linuxguile like this.
  4. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I call it fun...

AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

My declaration “Claus” brush came in. And hot damn! It’s nice. Now i see what the big fuss is alll about when you brush guys get a new brush! The knot is crazy. I have never seen or felt anything like it.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

preidy, jtspartan, RyX and 10 others like this.
  6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

nice..........

Linuxguile and Jorvaljr like this.
  7. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

As I said in another thread, I've been having a bit of a case AD this month.
    IMG_0141.JPG IMG_0142.JPG
    The plastic case was from @NCoxSTL and the other two were from eBay.

Apparently, there must have been different versions of the plastic case, though. I was hoping to use it with a Bakelite Tech with the Bakelite handle. Unfortunately, however, the handle appears to be too thick despite similar setups appearing on Mr. Razor's site. I ended up with this setup:
    IMG_0143.JPG
    The Pocket Edition case now houses a thick-cap OT. I'm not sure if that is the correct razor, but it looks nice. Anybody know where I might be able to get a cap for the blade case?

The Plastic case is now home to a Contract Tech with an 'S' baseplate and the blue snap case now houses my pre-War Tech.

One more item. For a while, I've been wanting to make a handle using the collet from a ball-end handle and a .30-06 cartridge. I first saw one in a picture of a Khaki set where the handle must have been repaired in the field. A big thanks to @Maximumsmoke for sending me a cartridge.
    IMG_0144.JPG
    The collet is from a cracked New handle and the head is a post-War Tech. I think it's my new travel razor. :)

preidy, TestDepth, RyX and 14 others like this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Visited an antique store and found quite a few overpriced razors but one caught my eye. it was severely discounted from the original price of $95 to $65 and there was an addition 25% off but still I offered a reasonable price of $40 and the vendor accepted.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

preidy, SpeedyPC, AGHisBBS and 9 others like this.
  9. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Stopped by a New CVS in town and picked up some store brand SE blades and Trac II blades.
    20180201_163017.jpg
    20180201_163028.jpg

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    preidy, SpeedyPC, AGHisBBS and 9 others like this.
  10. Jorvaljr

Love that “cart” razor. Lol I would polish off that gold down to brass on the collet so it matches the handle a little better but what a great idea!

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That is in super shape. Most I find are over priced junk..great find.

12. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

That's one cool idea for a razor handle!

13. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

You need to take me there. I showed you my places. Fair is fair you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RyX and Jorvaljr like this.
  14. Jorvaljr

Lol. FYI, I went to that antique store and they were closed after you and I met up last night.

15. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Haha no way. That is too funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16. jaxstraww

jaxstraww Well-Known Member

I had a decent month. Going to take it easy going forward. Need to sell or trade gear to get new gear. Need to stop laying out so much cash.

https://imgur.com/a/bUHIm

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

TestDepth and RyX like this.
  17. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I can't really take credit for the idea. A while back, I saw a picture of a Khaki set where the handle had been replaced with what appeared to be the original collet stuck in the end of a cartridge. I'm guessing that, in that case, the original handle failed early in life and the owner replaced it with what was available.

18. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Very cool.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk