The Haul: January 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Pinaud is a staple, a professional product and by no means a luxury good. I keep one open and one in the supply closet. I just opened, so I purchased. My Veg should arrive tomorrow. If you, or anyone else reading along, want to try Veg, pm an address. I can send a couple of drams in glass tubes for sampling. My pleasure and I insist...if you desire.

RyX, AGHisBBS, RaZorBurn123 and 3 others like this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I call it GREAT!!

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

22° out this morning and the $1 coat from Salvation Army works like a champ.

SHAVEWIZARD420, RyX, AGHisBBS and 8 others like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Stay toasty, my friend.

RyX, gorgo2 and Enrico like this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Toasty as a club sammich.

Jayaruh likes this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

It's great to find things that work out so well! :)

gorgo2 and Linuxguile like this.
  7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

8. RaZorBurn123

Good stuff.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

Very cool

10. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

These came in the mail today. They'll go beside the bottle of Russian Leather I already have. Love this stuff!

IMG_0106.JPG IMG_0107.JPG

11. Dver42

Dver42 Well-Known Member

Got a few things in the mail today. First thing is a revamped Gillette Old Type head from Razor Emporium. Lovely piece. One bent tooth but does not affect shaving and I think it gives it character. Going to stick it on my Edwin Jagger knurled handle.

Second I got a 1964 Gillette Super Speed. Lovely condition. Came with a pack of blades.

Third thing that arrived today is a 1961 Gillette Slim Adjustable from @Jorvaljr .
    Nice condition, gonna give it a polish and repaint the numbers/dots in the next day or two.

Overall i am very pleased with these acquisitions
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I guess I should add that I received an early Gillette fat handle Tech (triangle slots) in great condition a few days ago. Very pleased with this razor and surprised at the smoothness. My wife even let me shave her legs with it and she thoroughly enjoyed it.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  12. RaZorBurn123

The RazoRock Game Changer head, XXX balm, American Barbershop zcent edp, a tuck of blades IMG_20180116_160908226~01.jpg I got this for son, $15 was to good to say no. IMG_20180116_161418157~01.jpg

13. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Mail Call:- Three package arrived today and I'm looking forward to used the GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf after my last shave tomorrow with the Bullet Tip, not quite happy about the PAA Starling SE because there's a small error when loading the bloody GEM blade. I'll so see how this shave using the blue and yellow plate soon, because I'm desperate to used the GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf.

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing about the PAA Starling when i loaded the blade and seen a very small gap up front between top cap and blade ... suprisingly i got great shaves with both the blue and gold (Beta) baseplates. I guess like everything else it's a YMMV thing

15. SpeedyPC

The only error I can see when I loaded the GEM blade is just the top cap at the back needs more edge folding downwards about another millimetre to meet the base plate, both base plate looks okay trust me I'm an structural design draughtsman ;)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  16. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Can you shim it?

Linuxguile and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  17. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Received my PIF from @SmokeShowing ! This soap set smell fantastic! Wife loves it!
    47A6E355-F562-4051-87AA-71D2CAF0F131.jpeg

18. SpeedyPC

I can shim it but in my experience is not the senseable way to do, sometime there not enough room at the edge to allow the shims have enough grip to meet the top edge cap and the base plate.
    Because the GEM blade will be loose in the middle between the two pins if you add the shims at the edge, where the top cap and the base plate doesn't have enough grip to hold the blade in place.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    RaZorBurn123, jimjo1031 and Jorvaljr like this.
  19. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

If I was going to get a replacement piece, I'd file the cap down towards the front where the two plates make contact to the correct angle to lower the front of the plate. Rough sketch to show what to file down, dotted line to force the front down, just an idea........
    20180117_014220_preview.jpg

PLAla, RaZorBurn123 and SpeedyPC like this.
  20. SpeedyPC

You can file it down but not by hand otherwise you'll be out by 0.5 of a millimetre on each side if is not dead flat and level, and to allow this to come in contact properly between the top cap and the base plate.

RaZorBurn123 and jimjo1031 like this.