The Haul: January 2019

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyX

RyX DoH!

A replate? It still has a fair amount of nickel towards the bottom. The top end looks much like the one on my NEW LC. That DE is all brass, but may go nickel one day. The Gillette handle has correct or close enough threads and it's deep enough to accept the long threaded shaft from the Yaqi cap. Look to The 30 Day thread for a shave review!

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

That straight looks pristine! Wow!

mrchick likes this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Won the AV four flavor set about an hour ago. Always wanted to try the Lime and the Redwood. You know, I'm about out of grail items.

4. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

That’s a good buddy!

brit likes this.
  5. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I hope you got the glass bottles.

I got one of the poker sets and the juice didn’t age too well in the plastic bottles.

gorgo2, Frijolero and brit like this.
  6. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I meant. Darn autocorrect.

RyX and brit like this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Years ago I found the little bottle of the Musk, it was glass and looked like these do. These look like glass. Were yours shaped like this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/382727484590

8. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Mine are plastic and they look like a stack of poker chips and they’re in a poker chips type holder.
    It was a novelty set.

I’d show you a picture or link to one but I don’t know how to do that on my phone. I need to be on my laptop. Or maybe I need an eight year old to assist me.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    Frijolero, RyX, gorgo2 and 1 other person like this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Now I remember that set, seeing pictures of it. Pretty sure on closer look that my set is the glass ones.

Frijolero, RyX and brit like this.
  10. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

From the flea market, a Arkansas trifecta. A 4” hard, 8” soft and a 8” Washita. As a kicker, a 8” Coticule. The Washita has a interesting end label, I think it may be a early Pike Lily White. Unfortunately it is missing the top decal, so I can not confirm. The Coti has a pink freckled surface with a slight wave with the combo

C9069E1B-A3EF-4843-8975-C4703476F53F.jpeg 191A41BF-A7AA-4740-9D32-2D0D576D7D76.jpeg 651A0BC8-3D52-4FE9-A5CD-0EF9EF496556.jpeg 258F402A-A78A-446F-B40E-36DC1DA0FB32.jpeg 2F9026E3-9BFB-4886-AA36-A72B4A8DF86E.jpeg

11. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

The Lily White washita is the highest grade of washita stones which comes from the Ouchita (or Washita) mountains in Arkansas. They are great stones and capable of being a bevel setter or a finisher. Depending how it is lapped and the surface is finished, grit equivalent to 500-7000. At the high end as a finisher, it delivers a so-called cowboy shave. More commonly a bevel setter or a midrange rock. Very nice catch!! The SR ain’t to shappy either

Primotenore, Frijolero, RyX and 4 others like this.
  12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Thank you for the info. I just had a feeling when I saw this rock. I snatched it up figuring $25 was worth the risk.

Frijolero, RyX, TestDepth and 2 others like this.
  13. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Picked this one up from E-bay yesterday. Only bidder and got it cheap. Listed as a Gem razor but of course it is a Gillette. I can use the Gem box for a Gem that I have but I noticed a nice little stamping on the base plate. "Property of U.S. Army". The handle is toast but I my end up getting a reproduction from Razor Emporium.
    [​IMG]

gorgo2, jimjo1031, Jayaruh and 13 others like this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Nice set; with a couple hose clamps and 5 min epoxy that handle can look almost as good as new. I've done it and it works great!

15. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Care to share any secrets? I've got one coming which is about as bad. Up 'til now, I've mostly had small cracks at one or both ends, not total splits.

gorgo2, RyX, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  16. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Keith....I may give that try. It would be better to try and keep the original with the head. Thanks a bunch.

17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'd give a tutorial post on it, but I haven't had one in a long time. That way I could do pics with a step by step description.

PM me and I'll try to give some details or set something up. ;)

gorgo2, TestDepth, RyX and 3 others like this.
  18. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

A few treats for me.

Happy guy = Me

[​IMG]

gorgo2, BigD, jimjo1031 and 13 others like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

cool tech..and other goodies..

Droo78 likes this.
  20. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thanks @brit ! Although I don't believe this gold plated version is a war issue contract tech, it was on my "list." I am looking forward to trying it.

brit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.