The Haul: January 2020

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Dec 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

:signs011:

Terry and brit like this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I have that cologne and really enjoy it. Really terrific scent. I'd love to find a shave soap and splash that duplicates this scent.

Leo501 and cliffb599 like this.
  3. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

I received a new package Friday of some shaving goodies. I needed to order a new Cube, and decided to try the Ice flavor with the new V2 formula just for something different. We also bought a new Christmas tree this year and I decided to get some shaving related ornaments because I guess I'm a shaving nut lol, before they go away for the season. I've also been wanting to try the PAA Green Ray Brush with the Hybrid Tribble Synth Knot, but noticed the starter kit to be the best value to fill up the cart. For the price, it is quite the nice package, gives me the chance to try CaD, and tosses in the Symmetry razor with some blades at a low price, especially with the loyalty discount used. I really didn't need another razor, but I must say it looks really well made, especially for the price. The plating is flawless, and the handle has some really nice knurling. I was impressed. The head looks fairly standard and I think it will shave as good if not better than the Gillette Heritage I received for Christmas. The kit comes in a nice package and would be a great gift for someone interested in trying wet shaving. I also like the smaller soap because I already have too many and it is a nice size to try a scent I don't have, especially in CK6. I wish they would allow more customization - ie pick the brush, soap, razor, but for the price it is hard to beat. The only thing I would have changed would have probably been the razor. I would have liked to have tried the Prismatic from the PAA line up, but the Symmetry is probably a more mainstream design for a beginner and a good choice as a standard offering.

I was not happy with the 2019 ornament because it was printed way off center and let PAA know about it earlier today. They have always corrected any issues promptly and have always provided outstanding customer service so I'm not worried about it. I expect they will replace the defective item.

IMG_6736.jpg
    IMG_6737.jpg
    IMG_6739.jpg
    IMG_6740.jpg

Bizoo, gorgo2, Primotenore and 10 others like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

awesome haul Steve..

Smooth Steve likes this.
  5. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

I have gotten these, on Amazon, throughout a couple of shipments culminating this past weekend. I'd gotten a very nice and generous PIF, from @jluc of an assortment of DE blades to try, but not having put a DE to my face in close to 40 years, I wanted to have on hand a good assortment of "blood stopping" material.

It consisted of:
    My Nik is Sealed - roll-on liquid styptic
    Infa-Lab Magic Touch - liquid styptic
    Barber-Upp Green Stix - matchbook-style styptic "matches"
    Clubman Pinaud - regular ol' styptic pencils

Now to venture into my first DE shave in close to 40 years! Results of which I'll post in "Shower or Shave of the Day."

haul 1 mid january 2020.jpg

6. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I'm sure you'll do fine. Take your time, ride the cap and resist the urge to apply any pressure.
    Good luck!

7. Tommynick

Tommynick Well-Known Member

Some recent additions

[​IMG]

From Marshalls

[​IMG][​IMG]

Vintage shaving kit from an Estate Sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

My first visit to TJ Maxx to check out the men's bath/shave/scent section, picked up this nice set for $4 - body spray, shower gel, soap bar. Great scent that I'll enjoy layering. From England, is anyone familiar with the name/products?
    Haul 1 21 20.jpg

9. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I have a lot of Pecksniff products. Mostly body washes and liquid hand soaps. Good products

Leo501, Linuxguile and cliffb599 like this.
  10. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Glad to hear it's good quality, looking forward to using it.

Linuxguile and brit like this.
  11. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Thank Gary. The good news is that PAA is already sending a replacement ornament and I returned the defective one. They really have great customer service.
    Steve

12. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

S Barnhardt and Linuxguile like this.
  13. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Wednesday mail call is Dr. Jon's Strangelove or how I stopped worrying and learned to love the shave aftershave and shave soap. Yes the artisan based their soap and aftershave on the classic movie Dr Strangelove. 1A1830BA-3F20-4D74-9572-3C18A3DDF99E.jpeg

Bizoo, gorgo2, Leo501 and 12 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

very cool haul Angelo..

Angelo85 and S Barnhardt like this.
  15. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Thursday mail call is a Fatip Grande OC nickel plated razor. 9EC13900-CB00-440A-B530-1694DEF8211E.jpeg

gorgo2, Leo501, Primotenore and 12 others like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

cool haul Angelo..nice razor..

Angelo85 and S Barnhardt like this.
  17. jimjo1031

I have the Cremo Bourbon & Oak Body Wash, very nice..........

18. jimjo1031

Arrived today, a Gillette/Otto Roth New LC Thin Common Bar razor. And a pic of Cindy Crawford covered in shave cream. A skimpy bikini would show more, but covered up, just in case. Hey, it's shave related............

20200125_130045.jpg

19. brit

brit in a box

very cool Jim,love the ..err razor:)..

jimjo1031 likes this.
  20. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

Mentiroso, mentiroso pantalones en llamas

brit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.