The Haul: January 21st - January 27th, 2008

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Jan 21, 2008.

1. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

You are absolutely right about that Johan , it was very joyfull putting this box together it was a christmas gift , I didnt want to send it before the christmas weeks because I didnt have some stuff in and when all the items were here I didnt want to send it off because of Christmas rush the box could have gotten lost. so I waited a bit. Jeff had no problems with that then in Januari I got swamped with other projects , I finally managed to get it out the door.

Boubi enjoy and a few clarifications .
    Scent from Heaven Bayrum shave soap and the Lime soap is NOT a bath soap but its a preshave soap that will clean your face and moistens the beard since it contains alcohol. try it out incase you dont fancy it sure you can use it as a bathsoap no law that says you cant.

Did I send you the Alando SC ? ok thats a mistake that stuff is too good
    send it back ! :rofl:rofl just.... kidding :p

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    You were right the first time. Rose soap and Bamboo cream.

Enjoy!

Oh, and we'll need pics of those fishing nets.

3. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Received this today from my VERY GOOD FRIEND, Bronco. Thank you so much, Steve!

A lathed-turned Ever-Ready R40 Pure Badger. Year unknown. This has a very weighty handle in flawless condition. We'll see in the morning how well the badger holds up under stress. Test lather indicates that it's, umm, flexible. :D Not to mention, soft to the touch.

A gorgeous brush!!

Overall height:118mm / 4 5/8"
    Socket height:60mm
    Loft:58mm
    Knot:22mm

Attached Files:

4. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I have nothing to report. Do I? Let me check....ummmm...no, none of those. None of those either. No boxes hiding under the new horse equipment inventory. Darn, I'm trying! Got that one two weeks ago. Sheesh. OK, now eHay. No, didn't get that one. Way outbid on that one. Did I really bid on that? What was I thinking? Aha! Got one. Gillette TV 58 Superspeed. Alright! News at 11.

Oh, and a very hearty congratulations on all the fine acquisitions this week.

There was something else.............I know, Tekken 5 for PS2. My daughter has been kicking my sorry butt all over the screen this week. She's about to get her handicap percentage lowered. :D

5. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Indeed it is!

It looks a bit Art Deco to me, can it be 1930's? Hmm.. but the logo on the box looks more 40-50's... :confused:

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Boubi, mach dir keine Gedanken daruber--wait til you see waht you're getting next time! I'll make a Booford out of you, yet! ;)

7. Net pics will come when they arrive from Canada but as we all know Canada mail is sssslllllooooowwww

8. Oh Queen - BTW, just the Bamboo cream is lovely. :1respect

9. Queen of Blades

Awww.......:(

It's all Ken's fault! :mad:

:D

10. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

And you are on the same continent! I ordered a few books and DVD's from Canada last year.. took over two(!) months to arrive! What do they use to transport their mail with? Donkeys?

11. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I have said enough about Canada Post and their speed. I will not repeat myself here.. :mad::mad:

12. Queen of Blades

Just the Bamboo cream? :confused:

Didn't like the Rose soap? :ashamed001

I'm sorry.

I'm glad you like the Bamboo cream though. It is a wonderful scent.

13. It goes with their socialize health care which any canadian with means crosses the border for health care. Takes a year in Canada to organize an MRI in US 24 hrs.

14. However, this nets are exquisite !

15. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

4 months here! Well, I'm not complaining, it's just a knee.. I can live a while longer with an aching knee (as long as I can moan about every once in a while ;) ). But I sincerely hope that they use the time to go through the important cases!

16. I am sure the rose will be lovely as well Queen but I have only tried the bamboo after flying in from LA. The nose is nice so I expect it to be of the highest quality. I give all respect to the Queen:1respect

17. Queen of Blades

Oh. Okay, got it.

You had me worried there for a minute. :o

18. Can I ask a silly question here about soap ? Or should I go to soap thread ?

19. Queen of Blades

We are pretty off track with this thread. Perhaps a soap thread is a better idea. :o

20. Done - So Queen - what has your eye these days for purchase ?