The Haul - July 2016

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Bama Samurai, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Funny you should mention the neck - that's what I noticed first as well.
    Some more pics here

Douglas Carey and Redfisher like this.
  2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I hauled two brushes from frank shaving clearance sale.
    $_1-4.jpg
    24mm silvertip and a synthetic.
    What a deal 18 for both.
    I'm breaking in the black silvertip, the synthetic never made it home, my nephew claimed it for half the total outlay. Great deal in my book.

3. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Found a little devil in my mailbox today.
    A Case Red Imp Wedge, in very good shape. Logo on the scales is unworn, the blueing on the tang is almost all there. It was slightly sharper than a butter knife, so a pleasant afternoon on the rocks and strops has it feeling pretty keen. I'll be giving it a run this weekend, most likely Sunday, as tomorrow I'll be finishing day three of a blade test we're conducting over on the 30 day thread. image.jpeg image.jpeg

4. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I just got my Stirling order in, hauled a load of menthol because it's hot and I like menthol! I'm giving the MITA bath soap a try and Rod threw in a sample of "Stirling Blu" bath soap in the box for me to try.
    :happy069:

image.jpeg

5. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I started on the center setting, and had to move it to "H" to get any feedback (using a Chick on its second shave). "L" felt like shaving with no blade at all. Kinda meh, not really impressive. Pretty to look at, though.

Douglas Carey and Linuxguile like this.
  6. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Don't give up on it too soon. I didn't think much of mine at first either but I kept playing with it and it became a favorite.
    I kept thinking I was getting nothing on the "L" setting so I had it set on "H" but that was only mildly better.
    Finally, one day I set it back on "L" and changed my angle of attack after examining the geometry of the head and voilĂ , a great shave.
    Examine the head closely as you turn the adjustment dial back and forth. It's an interesting design that just takes getting attuned to.

7. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I found the angle of the PAL to be vastly different then my other injectors. I pretty much had to have the cap against my face

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

8. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I think that was my initial problem. I was trying to shave with it like a Schick.

9. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Ok, catch up on the stuff from this month. Mastro Livi Grifetto
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Blaming this one on @Norcalnewb. He loaned me one of the same model, and this one came up cheap. Robeson SurEdge.
    image.jpeg
    And finally got my order from Beaver Woodwright/ Black Ship Grooming Co. I ordered some stuff from them a few months ago, and the owner threw in a lip balm for my wife because I said she was going to kill me. Apparently, the lip balm is magic. My wife wanted more, and said I should order some more soap so he wasn't just shipping lip balm. The order got delayed, so the owner threw in some extra lip balms. I kept one of them and gave the rest to my wife. Oh, and I got a new soap and aftershave. Smells awesome!
    image.jpeg

10. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

[​IMG]
    Lady gillette '75, gillette black beauty short handle '74 and gillette blade dispenser with 12 blades.

11. '65 G-Slim

I may try it again tonight with the Super Platinums I got in yesterday and see how it goes.

12. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

My goodness Can! Wonderful :love055:

13. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

:thanks:Robert, have a wonderful weekend my friend :)

Douglas Carey and Robyflexx like this.
  14. '65 G-Slim

15. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I also got a GEM 1912
    [​IMG]
    Beautiful razor, I can't wait to try it.

16. '65 G-Slim

It's weird feeling, after using Gillettes, then Schick injectors...and I couldn't wait to get new blades. Temptation was overwhelming...
    [​IMG]
    ...so, yes, I broke one out. Felt crazy rough...thought I was gonna butcher my face. But not even a red spot. Not a weeper. And almost took out the sideways whiskers on my throat with a simple north, then south, stroke. You'll like it.

Gotta love that font.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  17. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Not shaving related but I got this Timex today nice classic design.

image.jpeg

18. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

20160715_172426-1~2~2.jpg
    Local antique store finds...

19. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Got two similar to those a little while ago. Good brushes..............

20. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Nice haul. I like the brushes. Very cool

Douglas Carey and JR Reyes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.