The Haul: July 2019

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jun 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Purdy!

dmshaver, brit and Linuxguile like this.
  2. koenfucius

koenfucius Member

Soap collection keeps on growing...[​IMG]

9nein9, Timwcic, TestDepth and 15 others like this.
  3. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

So, y'all may remember my post from a few days ago where I mentioned picking up a cheap, somewhat bent Fatboy and breaking the top off the T-bar. Later that day, I received a PM from @cliffb599, offering me an F4 Fatboy with a totally stuck adjuster to use for parts. I accepted and he sent it along with a case with a badly crazed top.

Before taking this one apart, I thought that it might be interesting to see how stuck the adjuster was. A little while later, with the help of a good warm soak and some WD-40, I was able to get the bottom plate moving freely. Then, with the application of surprisingly little torque, the adjuster started working.

A couple of pics:
    IMG_0511.jpg IMG_0512.jpg

It's actually in very nice shape except for the obvious brassing on the handle and the inside of one door. From what I can see, the adjustment mechanism is now working great. One small note: Although this 195 has a date code of F4, it has the screw-on retainer cap rather than the press-fit one (not uncommon but definitely more desirable). This one has just pushed to the front of the razor queue.

Out of curiosity, does anybody have a spare blade dispenser of the appropriate vintage?

As for the G2 Fatboy which started all this... Ideally, it should probably take a trip to visit Capt. Murphy (and may in the future) but, for now, I decided to see what I could do with my ten thumbs.
    IMG_0513.jpg
    The baseplate has been straightened to the best of my ability and the T-bar has been repaired with the strongest JB Weld that I could find. At first blush, it looks to be aligned and the adjuster is definitely working though the 1/4 turn seems to be very weak. When I gather up a bit of courage, I'll take it for a run.

9nein9, Timwcic, TestDepth and 19 others like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    9nein9, jimjo1031, brit and 3 others like this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

If you want a reproduction instruction sheet, PM me.

brit, Hembree, RyX and 2 others like this.
  6. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

I’m Happy your Happy with it. Glad I could help you out. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9nein9, jimjo1031, dmshaver and 3 others like this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Share a review when you've lathered them up!
    I see the supplier has several other scents available.

jimjo1031, brit and Hembree like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

how do you like the shave?

9nein9 likes this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

A RazoRock Game Changer OC and acrylic razor stand.
    The finish and machining of the GC OC are spectacular! I'll shave with it later today.
    The stand will hold darn near any and all DE razors IMHO.
    IMG_20190719_073734-2001x1141.jpg

BigD, Ron R, 9nein9 and 17 others like this.
  10. kjbarth

kjbarth Well-Known Member

Just want to say thanks for pointing me towards Stirling. Hadn't heard of them before. Just bought a couple soaps to try.

11. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Good looking razor Kerry! Mine will be delivered today and I have the Jaws set to be delivered on Monday

12. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

You're welcome, they are an excellent product at a great price. What did you order?

9nein9, RyX and Hembree like this.
  13. jimjo1031

A few things arrived today. A Gillette case which I cannot identify on @mr-razor's site. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing it's for a Standard (Single Ring) Set, but don't know what year. A Gillette Open Comb clone razor made by Speedway (USA), nice heft to it, included with the Gillette case. And a P-38 Lightning model in 1/72 scale..............

20190719_122217.jpg

BigD, 9nein9, Frijolero and 15 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

just picked up at the post office..nos ? globusmen razor set,nos looking made rite lucite 62 pure badger brush with box,an eveready h40 with flat top best badger,and an eveready 89 with flat top synth..awesome.. 20190719_192737.jpg 20190719_192827.jpg 20190719_192802.jpg 20190719_192811.jpg

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    BigD, Primotenore, jimjo1031 and 13 others like this.
  15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Gray sueded leather NATO, one of the thinnest, softest and lightest bands I've ever used. Only cost around $15.

WATCH.jpg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    BigD, 9nein9, Frijolero and 10 others like this.
  16. jimjo1031

From @Rev579 arrived today. Red marbled French Bakelite set, spare nickel Gillette Old Type head and Burma Shave brush handle for re-knotting..............

20190720_123607.jpg

BigD, Primotenore, 9nein9 and 13 others like this.
  17. cliffb599

Where did you Buy it at.

brit likes this.
  18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The Bay of E.

RyX, Enrico, brit and 1 other person like this.
  19. cliffb599

Thanks

RyX and brit like this.
  20. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

jimjo1031, brit and RyX like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.