The Haul: July 2019

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jun 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyX

RyX DoH!

Hi Aaron! Glad you made it to the meeting. Did you notice were on page 13 or 14, now over 260 post in this month's thread? You've fallen in with like minded folks here. Some of us just come to these meetings to live vicariously through the gear of others.

I've got a question for you - The Proraso labeled brush; is it an Omega Boar? What model number?

Hembree, 9nein9, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

@BigD - any details on the 12 pack (?) of Yuma razors? The handle looks very much like the one that came with my German made 1930's Lutz slant.
    Lutz Slant breakdown.gif

3. brit

brit in a box

nice haul sir..great prices..

Hembree, 9nein9, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

If I have the story right, that soap references Douglas Adams and his series of books starting with The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe. If it's based on the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, not just a drink but the best drink in existence, "Its effects are similar to having your brains smashed in by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick"

Hembree, 9nein9, Terry and 5 others like this.
  5. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

The YUMA is a copy of something, that much is clear, but what exactly it is a copy of, i would love to know.

An old Solingen/Apollo/French is likely.

If anyone knows, i would be delighted to learn as the YUMA is such a good razor for me.

6. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I am not sure of the historical details of the Yuma. As @BlueShaver said, it seems to be a good razor. I've yet to try one. They're still in the box. I'll probably keep one for myself and PiF the rest. I might send half to @ordinaryshaver and the other half @wchnu to PiF out from there. Not real sure how I am going to do it. There's still a lot I want to collect out here to get PiFed out to interested folks.

wchnu, Hembree, 9nein9 and 5 others like this.
  7. BlueShaver

I paired a handful of these YUMA razors ($0.30 ea) with a simple metal bowl, brush, Arko stick and blade pack for about 10TL a set ($1.70) I then handed these out as gifts to my wet shaving buddies.

They were delighted with them!

Hembree, 9nein9, TestDepth and 6 others like this.
  8. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Yes, it is an Omega Boar, unsure of the model number, and it was not listed on the packaging or Amazon. I'm sure someone knows.

9. BlueShaver

I believe the Proraso brushes are are short loft version of the the 48's/49's (60mm) and are by special agreement with Omega. (No No.)

I could be hopelessly worng obv.

10. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

AAFA4D12-6C54-42DE-8648-B49CDA48D457.jpeg Today I got a gift set of vintage French Leather aftershave and cologne.

Timwcic, Hembree, 9nein9 and 12 others like this.
  11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick H 1.
    h1.jpg

She was a real dirty girl when I first got her but after a bath she is ready to join the nunnery. I also like that it looks like something you'd stamp papers with and not a razor. It might even be a good razor to shave with also.

Timwcic, Hembree, 9nein9 and 12 others like this.
  12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I'll take or buy one. I like cheap razors.

Hembree, 9nein9, Linuxguile and 2 others like this.
  13. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Let me figure out how I want to get this done. I have a trip coming up and can't get anything out for a month or so. I'll start a thread when I get back when I get it figured out.

14. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

No rush, Yuma has been one of those bucket list cheap razors I've been wanting to try. I got plenty of other razors to use until you are ready.

Frijolero, BigD and Linuxguile like this.
  15. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I fail to see the problem, unless that bottle of Clubman leaked.

Hembree, 9nein9, Enrico and 3 others like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

That's one beautiful Hussy! I've only seen a couple in the wild & they were not pretty. Takes a different grip but I hear they'll treat you well.

Hembree, 9nein9, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  17. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

One of my biggest hauls in some time, highlighting the group is the RazoRock Lupo, I'll give it try next shave. The A&E St Barts is fantastic! IMG_20190724_140416-1591x1460.jpg

Timwcic, BigD, Hembree and 14 others like this.
  18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    ...and Cedar...:) Good thing we have some, because it's no longer offered.

Hembree, Frijolero, brit and 2 others like this.
  19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Borotalco is excellent.

20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:eek: :happy096:

:eatdrink013:

Hembree, 9nein9, Linuxguile and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.