The Haul: June 2019

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, May 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

My understanding is they first started making these razors in the 60s.

brit and cliffb599 like this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

They were bought out by Gillette back in the 80s, most likely still a subsidiary of the parent corp. to sell stuff in the Spanish market.

brit, jimjo1031 and cliffb599 like this.
  3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Just in finally. Schick twin injector blades to try out once I switch back over to injectors again.

s2.jpg

brit, Linuxguile, Primotenore and 4 others like this.
  4. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

I thought I was kind of done buying stuff, but then I had a great day out with Mrs. Rev579 & Rev579, Jr.
    IMG_7422.jpg IMG_7423.jpg

It started with the blotter...then I had to have the little guy. Went downhill from there. What a slippery slope.

Frijolero, BigD, mrchick and 13 others like this.
  5. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

What’s that one on the bottom left?! I never seen anything like that before. Looks pretty vintage if u ask me

jimjo1031 and RyX like this.
  6. Mike-R41

Looks like a shotgun shell!!!

jimjo1031 likes this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

To me it screams "Propitiatory Blades"! Looks much smaller than Gillette Standard DE size. If there's one still loaded I'm guessing carbon steel.

Edison Carter, jimjo1031 and Mike-R41 like this.
  8. Mike-R41

Now that I look at it it deff looks like a reg DE would not fit. Still an eye catcher for sure!

Edison Carter, RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir..nice haul..

RyX likes this.
  10. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

Here is a picture to help scale this little razor. The container is a little larger than a .44 mag shell casing.
    IMG_7432.jpg

BigD, mrchick, Primotenore and 8 others like this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

Just a guess; A Ladies travel razor? Lip stick sized container that would fit in a clutch purse for those nights on the town when you just gotta shave something. Could be nice for doing detail work around mustache or goatee. If the blade is carbon steel it's possible to hone it. Does the cap and base rotate to tuck in the handle?

12. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

266A7FE2-F59D-4895-9F86-30444524AADC.jpeg Saturday mail call is a 1960 Gillette Blue Tip Super Speed.

13. RyX

RyX DoH!

Very clean! The shiny aluminum handle on your looks great! I have yet to find production numbers on Gillettes. I think there were less of the Blues made because you don't see as many around.

I recently passed my Blue Tip on to others. The lighter weight and mildness weren't to my preference. Hardly ever purchase Flare Tips any more though I see them around. Found the Red Tip with it's knurling, weight, and blade exposure fits my style. For a while I did the Pokeman thing and had collected them all. Trying to keep on the User side of the user/collector divide. ;)

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Mail Call! Stirling shipment arrived Saturday instead of the projected Monday ETA.
    Stirling Haul '19 LE 30DC BoS, Spice.gif
    The 30 Day Crew arranged a Limited Edition SS & AS to commemorate the 2019 Meet Up in St.Louis. I couldn't make the gathering but now I can smell like I was there. Getting actual blood on steel is optional, contraindicated, and something those of us in The Rule / Focus Group try to help others avoid. The new scent is based on H.M. by Hanae Mori and will be available as a new addition to Stirling's line up soon.

While I had the Cart open, I made my choice of Old Spice scented SS. There's several companies doing it but Stirling is a know product with a good reputation. Preliminary sniffs tell me it's going to be good. If you can find the vintage Shulton Old Spice soap chances are it's lost it's scent by now. And it tends to run around twenty five buck per puck.

The always hoped for but never expected sample of bath soap that accompanied previous Stirling orders smells great! I may have to wrassle my daughter to get the pineapple scented bar for my shower. Curious to see how "iced" it is.

Frijolero, BigD, Linuxguile and 8 others like this.
  15. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I was able to pick this razor up for about $33 after s&h. The seller originally wanted $38 before shipping but knocked the price down ten bucks.

Linuxguile, RyX, Rev579 and 1 other person like this.
  16. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Arrived today from @stuartganis, a blade dispenser for one of my cased birth year/quarter Flair Tips. One more to go, unless I find a cased C4 Red Tip, then two more...........[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Frijolero, BigD, Linuxguile and 8 others like this.
  17. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

In it's new home............[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Frijolero, BigD, RyX and 8 others like this.
  18. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Looks great Jim!

jimjo1031 and stuartganis like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

just arrived.omega 81064 boar brush and 2 palmolive sticks..awesome..may the face lathers begin.. 20190629_141749.jpg

Frijolero, BigD, RyX and 7 others like this.
  20. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I just got one very similar and I cannot figure out how to separate or open it to install a blade. Not that it matters since I don’t have a blade that size unless a kewtie fits it.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    jimjo1031, RyX, Rev579 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.